Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       03-25-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Upload

Here is a picture for Cliff. I am sure he is watching the Sammy Cam very closely.
The water has been really nice the last few days. It has made me want to dust off the old dry suit and get out there. Hockey is over next week so I may just have to get out there.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-25-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
That looks cold!
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       03-25-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
It doesn't just look cold it is cold. The outside temp is 46 and I don't think the water is any warmer than that. We have had some nice weather lately but it doesn't seem to have warmed up the water much.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-25-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
Not to piss Cliff off but it's gonna be 85 degrees today here in Arizona and the water temp at Firebird lake is 67 degrees. Trunked it yesterday and have been riding 3 times a week. That's why I'm not in Seattle anymore!
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Sammamish is such a tease...this is what I woke up to the other day, and then had to scrape my windshield this morning...was going to de-winterize this weekend but having second thoughts now..

morning
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
Trunked it in Lake Mead yesterday Cliff!!!!

80 degrees out and water was 63 degrees. Time to move south, you could ride that NEW bike all year long down here.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       03-25-2008, 4:26 PM Reply   
I wouldn't mind the 85 degress right now but I don't think I could take the 120 in the summer time.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-26-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
We hit 88 last Saturday. Air temp 46 water temp 42. but it was butttter
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-26-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
Tuesday the lake was a mirror from north to south. Usually there is a little wind, but yesterday there was nothing.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
Ha!

Since I can't get anyone to brave the cold water during the week, I've taken up another pastime.

Upload

I rode some awesome twisties along the Cedar River heading up towards Black Diamond today

Nice thing about riding the bike... put gear on, ride, in that order.

I am dying for spring though. We've hardly ridden this winter.
Old     (bailey)      Join Date: May 2001       03-26-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
That bike looks like a whole lot of fun. We will have to go riding sometime although I don't think my bike will keep up with that.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-27-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Pretty soon you're gonna start running triathalons and riding a sky ski! LOL! Sorry inside joke. Where is Sean these days? Has anyone seen him?
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-27-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Hey Cliff, been a while... Sweet bike.

I'm all game for going out, weekdays especially, I'm flexible if you haven't given up

I went out on WA yesterday. I got a new board and finally got to try it out, we just beat the rain, as we were leaving the dock it started coming down....
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-27-2008, 11:46 AM Reply   
Steve,

I'll be calling you soon.

Hahn,

Sean sold his boat, truck, and bike. He bought a smokin fast little Audi station wagon to haul the family around in. He gave me a bunch of his bike gear when he heard I was getting into the sport. He says he's gonna try to get out with Gramps a little more often this summer, but the triathlons are priority these days.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-27-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
off subject, but you guys know a fun spot to stay in chelan? I am headed out there next week.
Thanks.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-27-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
The one and only Cambells.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-27-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Hi Cliff - Well besides picking up mtn biking and rock climbing this winter, I too have been on a motorcycle. Last Saturday was fantastic, we rode from noon to sunset. It was great day to be out there!

I will probably start wakeboarding in the mornings within the next month though.