Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       02-12-2021, 8:59 AM Reply   
Why all the sponsor cuts? What happened? I respect his direction and finding a new path, but good god this industry is cut-thoat. Just curious.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       02-14-2021, 6:07 AM Reply   
I've been wondering the same thing. My guess is the pandemic? But I could be wrong. RedBull seems to have kept him on with his WakeU company.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       02-18-2021, 8:57 AM Reply   
Have you guys watched this yet - https://www.alliancewake.com/wake/currently-mike-dowdy/
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       02-18-2021, 9:52 AM Reply   
there you have it!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-29-2021, 8:38 AM Reply   
If you follow him on Instagram, his riding is getting super heavy again.

He threw down a clinic on Tantrums with BS spins last week. Stair-stepped from Trantrum up to Moby-dick 7.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-09-2021, 4:59 AM Reply   
Dowdy is training with Harley and they are both slinging fire. If Dowdy can stay healthy, he is going to shake things up.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-09-2021, 7:28 AM Reply   
Would be awesome to see
Old     (Reez)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-29-2021, 7:53 AM Reply   
Rooting for him to . It’s weird Connelly released a 2021 dowdy board and he’s riding a remedy.

I wonder how they came to fruition .
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-04-2021, 5:16 AM Reply   
Explain Tunissen on Hyperlite. haven't seen any big announcement by Hyperlite--or maybe I missed it.

Not having a wakeboard news source has kinda made the whole industry a little weird. You see random curated posts on instagram, but it is a lot harder to follow the sport.
Old     (WilhelmHertzog)      Join Date: Jan 2015 Location: Cape Town, South Africa       05-04-2021, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Not having a wakeboard news source has kinda made the whole industry a little weird. You see random curated posts on instagram, but it is a lot harder to follow the sport.
For sure. Picking up bits and pieces all over social media is far harder than it used to be to pick up Wakeboarding Magazine once a month.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-07-2021, 8:02 PM Reply   
Cory officially announced today on his IG that he's Hyperlite now.

And I agree, definitely hard to connect the dots & get industry news these days in a timely manner.

It's also weird how rider contracts are done nowadays. Back in the day, typically, riders contracts ended after the final Pro Tour stop and either got renegotiated or the rider would announce their new partnership or be a free agent to explore new sponsorships. But lately, it seems riders switch at the weirdest times of the season. Cory was already seen riding Hyperlite months ago on his videos, but OBrien still has his pro model for this season. Same for Dowdy. He's no longer with CWB, but they have his pro model for this season.

It really makes for confusing info out there.