Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-22-2016, 2:28 PM Reply   
My first edit just messing around with different GoPro angles last weekend.

Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       09-23-2016, 8:27 AM Reply   
Nice job man! way to experiment with some different shots. I really loved seeing the grabs from the board mount.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-25-2016, 8:57 AM Reply   
Thanks. It's definitely fun playing with these different angles. Looking forward to next summer when we do some tube filming and incorporate some of these shots with that. Also gotta figure out how to get the board and rope mounts more stable and get rid of the shake.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-25-2016, 2:25 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing. Loved all the different angles.
Need to step up my ropemount game now
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2016, 6:37 PM Reply   
killing it dude!

We use a belt looped through 5 plastic coat hangers and wear it around our waist and hook to the handle. It is awesome for filming when riding doubles as you can hold the camera with both hands. The filmer rides about a 7 foot longer rope attached to the tube tow point. it turns out perfect every time! the coat hangers break if you fall so its not really dangerous!

you should definitely try it!

Heres a quick clip of it in action, you can see the hook at the beginning
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIiftNPDRsr/
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-25-2016, 8:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
killing it dude!

We use a belt looped through 5 plastic coat hangers and wear it around our waist and hook to the handle. It is awesome for filming when riding doubles as you can hold the camera with both hands. The filmer rides about a 7 foot longer rope attached to the tube tow point. it turns out perfect every time! the coat hangers break if you fall so its not really dangerous!

Nice video clip. Great riding. Our summer was cut a bit short but we will be experimenting quite a bit more with better angles next summer. I finally had a minute to figure out how to put together some edits so this was mostly about seeing how the "selfie" angles work. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-26-2016, 9:01 AM Reply   
That house setup looks amazing. Where is that at?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-26-2016, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
That house setup looks amazing. Where is that at?

Discovery Bay, CA
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-26-2016, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
killing it dude!

Thats a great idea!

I don't want to derail the thread but as far as riding doubles goes, does that ever cause any issues? I imagine myself jumping off the wake and hitting the other guys rope..?