Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       03-31-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
Above reply is awesome.

I'm 32
Director of Ops for a Multi-Family Marketing Company
Boat: 00' Pro Air
Tow Rigs: 11' Silverado 6.2 Bro-Dozer, 96' Camo Tahoe (Lake/Ranch), Looking for a 15' Tahoe for the wife to tow too.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-18-2015, 7:44 AM Reply   
Nice any photos of the boat or rig? I love seeing all these boats and rigs PLUS what people do on the outside. Some may say its show boating, I see it as a personal taste.

(you can have two bankers making the same pay, one has an awesome rig/boat, the other has two awesome homes... Who cares? I'm just interested in seeing the different walks of life and their combo)

I can assure you that if you saw some of the people on this website with there trucks and boats, you would know their profession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treybiz View Post
Above reply is awesome.

I'm 32
Director of Ops for a Multi-Family Marketing Company
Boat: 00' Pro Air
Tow Rigs: 11' Silverado 6.2 Bro-Dozer, 96' Camo Tahoe (Lake/Ranch), Looking for a 15' Tahoe for the wife to tow too.

Last edited by countryguy1717; 06-18-2015 at 7:48 AM.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-18-2015, 8:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryguy1717 View Post
Nice any photos of the boat or rig? I love seeing all these boats and rigs PLUS what people do on the outside. Some may say its show boating, I see it as a personal taste.

(you can have two bankers making the same pay, one has an awesome rig/boat, the other has two awesome homes... Who cares? I'm just interested in seeing the different walks of life and their combo)

I can assure you that if you saw some of the people on this website with there trucks and boats, you would know their profession.
Since you asked...

This is the only one I have of everything together.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-18-2015, 9:29 AM Reply   
One thing this thread doesn't consider is lifestyle. What is important to you? Will you drive a POS truck to have a boat? Will you rent an apartment to have a boat? I know guys who make twice what I make and can't afford the boat I have, but they have pools in their back yards, much nicer cars and probably take better vacations. You only live once and all of us are one massive injury, a baby or a spouse away from never having or needing a badass wakeboard boat. You can always sell the boat when it becomes too expensive. Just be responsible and buy what you can afford--even if it is just beer and gas money.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-18-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
True story. I eat lots of left overs because I don't care and it's cheap. We cook out way more than we eat out. I have Gas Station Coffee instead of Starbucks. You get the idea. I'd rather have a wakeboard boat, hunting lease, and spoil my kids than spoil myself daily.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-18-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Some changes to boat, jobs, and house for my wife and I as of recent.

New Jobs -
Myself - "Senior Project Engineer" for a large food company
Wife - "Director of Development" for a regional Boys and Girls Club office

New (to us) boat - 2004 Wakesetter LSV

New house - moved from a small downtown Condo to a waterfront house

Tow rigs - none, my brother has a truck I bum the two times a year a trailer the boat. Wife drives an IS350 and I drive a Chevy Volt (gas savings help keep the boat running)

The new boat

New boat in its new home -
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       06-18-2015, 10:50 AM Reply   
Endangered species biologist + farm - 2002 centurion elite v

Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-18-2015, 11:30 AM Reply   
37y.o.
Owner of aftermarket automotive parts supplier since 1999 + multiple investments in other businesses and real estate since then.
Her: 28, Physical Therapist Assistant, works part time as she chooses. We have a 4y.o. together.
2015 G23 towed by 2012 Dodge 3500, 2012 S/C Range Rover, or 2015 Dodge 2500 when it comes in next week. Have a lake house too, so don't have to tow it much since we just added 28ft of water to our lake thanks to flooding since May.

Cheers,

Dusty

Last edited by V8_Killer; 06-18-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-18-2015, 12:21 PM Reply   
Pretty sure I've met you at some point Dusty. Buddy of mine from highschool (Southlake) had a supra you worked on. His name was Logan. He actually had a black supra and then a silver one with a hideous body kit. Both the last gen what ever that was. He followed those with a z06... Rich Kid Problems
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-18-2015, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty sure I've met you at some point Dusty. Buddy of mine from highschool (Southlake) had a supra you worked on. His name was Logan. He actually had a black supra and then a silver one with a hideous body kit. Both the last gen what ever that was. He followed those with a z06... Rich Kid Problems

I remember Logan, nice kid, but yeah...didn't fully understand the concept of money or what it takes to earn it. He had some film of my 8-second Supra from 2001 I was trying to get. Didn't he total one of his?
Old     (Treybiz)      Join Date: Nov 2014       06-18-2015, 1:11 PM Reply   
Yep, The silver one was close to totaled if I remember correctly and they fixed it.

And I could tell some stories about kids I grew up with that still don't know the value of a dollar or hard work to this day in their 30s. Thankful all the time that my parents were having no part of that. First job at 14 and haven't been unemployed since.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       06-18-2015, 6:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Since you asked...

This is the only one I have of everything together.
Awesome truck, are you using a leveling kit?
Old     (brodee42)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-18-2015, 7:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
I don't have pics with me at the moment but I am 37, financially retarded, never saved, I dont even have 10k in the bank anymore. I am the chief estimator for a medium size contractor. I drive a 2008 Ram truck & have a 2002 wakesetter. I have talked to a lot of dudes with new boats, some got life insurance checks, some make 150-200k a year others go without Cable, internet, etc & boating is what they do so a $600.00 a month pyt is the norm for them. When I shopped I said $200 & under is all I am willing to pay as I won't be able to stomach looking at a snow covered boat in the winter with a high pyt. I am very happy with with my boat. My dad passed away at 56 out of no where & it changed my view on saving & retirement so I spend now so I can enjoy my kids before they don't want to hang out with me. I've simply resigned myself to having to work for the rest of my life if need be. I can do what I do till I'm 90 & I look forward to being a Walmart greeter or working at a visitor center so I can talk smack & be a dick & have it chalked up to be old.
So funny and very refreshing to hear!

I'll play...

I'm 42 years old, wife and two boys (7 and 8 years old). I am a Shareholder/CFO of a Health Care Company I started 13 years ago. Not a day goes by that I am not "thankful" for everything, especially my family.

I have a 2015 F250 and a 2008 Supra 24SSV Worlds Edition.

DSC00057

Last edited by brodee42; 06-18-2015 at 7:33 PM. Reason: .
Old     (k2rider)      Join Date: Jun 2014       06-19-2015, 7:23 AM Reply   
I’m 29 and a Product Manager for an employee benefits company. My gf is 29 as well and a Treatment Coordinator for an orthodontics office.
Boat: 2011 Mastercraft X-Star
Tow rig: 2001 Silverado 1500 (old girl with low miles and HD tow package with 4:10 gears and she pulls the boat like nothing)
Same outlook as racer808’s. Life’s short, my cousin and my gf’s mom passed away quickly so our outlook on life is to live it. Sacrificed some but made sure we’re on a lake with a dock and live life everyday and not looking ahead for the “better days” of retirement like some of our friends.
Old girl and the boat:

Last edited by k2rider; 06-19-2015 at 7:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       06-19-2015, 8:33 AM Reply   
ME: architectual drafter
WIFE: obgyn
2010 tige z1 - paid for
2013 lexus gs350 fsport - paid for (wifes car)
2011 honda van - paid for (kids car :-)
2011 dodge durango - paid for (mine)
House - 1/2 paid for

Last edited by all2matt; 06-19-2015 at 8:38 AM. Reason: pic problem
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       06-19-2015, 9:35 AM Reply   
Occupation - insanity
Everything's paid for, and I could buy a fleet of g23s to fill each bedroom in my house, and a Ferrari to tow it.
But guess what. I'm sick of all of it. Busting my ass the last 4 yrs to strive for affluence has burned me out. I'm selling my boat. I have no time for it.
My 3000sqft house that I thought it would be so cool to buy, I can't wait to get out of. I have a brand new $65k cummins that does nothing for me.
Crazy, when you want everything, and when you are finally able to get it, you realize it may not be everything you wanted.
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       06-19-2015, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by all2matt View Post
ME: architectual drafter
WIFE: obgyn
2010 tige z1 - paid for
2013 lexus gs350 fsport - paid for (wifes car)
2011 honda van - paid for (kids car :-)
2011 dodge durango - paid for (mine)
House - 1/2 paid for

by the way will soon be for sale, gonna upgrade this fall/winter/spring, so if u have an offer shoot me a message
Old     (Tolleson2354)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-29-2015, 7:20 AM Reply   
Im a loan officer/odd jobber and the wife is an x-ray tech. Our toy addiction keeps us broke and we probably always will be but man we have fun! I really just want to show off our NEW BOAT!!!

Top: Wife's rig with the new boat, 2nd: My ride with the old boat, Bottom: Our shiny new Sanger
Attached Images

Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-01-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
38 y/o
Me: underpaid gov employee that bought most of my toys while I was single ( go to college kids)
Her: Stay at home mom to our 2 kids
Boat : new to us Sanger v210 Financed ( came out of an 85 Malibu skier)
Tow rig: 2002 Duramax K2500HD financed /2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ paid cash
1985 toyota crawler
1972 chevelle
Bikes : 2000 HD Road king
2003 HD FXDXT
1971 HD rigid frame shovelhead
And a few dirt bikes
I KINDA FEEL LIKE IM BRAGGING ...but the more I think about it all my **** only adds up to just one of some of your boats ..lol
Attached Images

Last edited by CALIV210; 07-01-2015 at 6:37 AM. Reason: add pic