Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-11-2014, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hey guys, Just got some footage of my first couple attempts at a 360. This was my first day trying them, i didn't get out on the boat as much as i wanted to this year but I did land many at the cable I am prettyy consisted with them at cable. I eventually landed one 360 my last day on the boat of the year. Probably took around 10 tries total through out the season. I wasn't trying to charge the wake, just a mellow edge and try and get more vertical pop, with a good pull and pass. Looking at the video I am not getting as high as I would have liked but higher than I thought. any help would be appreciated.

thanks, Dave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKQh5JJ3ZSg
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-11-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
Well, you need to clear the wake. Cut out further and take a longer approach into the wake. From what I see, if you clear the wake, you'll land it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       11-11-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
Couple things right away I notice.

-Take a longer wider approach, this will help you increase you speed at the wake, hence giving you more power to pop off the wake without compromising body position, and you should be able to clear both wakes.

-When you pass the handle at 180 you seem to take your head out of the spin and look at the heelside wake. Keep you head in the rotation and look for a spot on the other side of the opposite wake to spot your landing. Body follows head.

-If those two don't help, really the main issue clearing the 2nd wake, I would kick the boat speed up about a 1/2mph to help you generate the speed to clear the wake.

-This is a small thing but when you pass the handle try and keep your arms in tight to your body like on your approach. This will help in several ways, first off it will become a habit so when your ready to take it to 5 you dont have to learn this. And it will give you more room to adjust your landing if you come up a bit short or land front foot heavy you can adjust so you dont go out the front.

Hope this all make sense.

Good Luck man.
Old     (davedidonato90)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-12-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
Thanks! I wasn't taking a wide approach so I wasn't hitting the wake with too much speed, also we slowed the boat down to 19, usually ride at 22. I just didn't want to go too fast when I was just learning. I have also noticed I don't look where I am spinning. I think if i tweak those things it'll make it a little easier. thanks for the help fellas!
Old     (ferguson911)      Join Date: Sep 2013       11-12-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
1: Cut out a little wider to help clear second wake.

2: Make sure to pop a good normal wake2wake then think about the spin and pull

3: This will help a lot. Make sure to give the handle a 2 handed pull not a 1 handed. When you are at 180 you should still have 2 hands on the handle. Practice doing wake2wake 180s with 2 hands on the handle.

Hope this helps!