Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       04-25-2011, 2:30 PM Reply   
Somebody please tell my friends that CWB is not an "old man's board." There is a guy that sometimes rides with us who is about 60 and though he prefers to slalom, he does wakeboard. Since his board is a CWB, the teens on the boat instantly think that C-dub is for senior citizens. Most of those kids ride Ronix.

And besides that, those guys on Team CWB are frickin' hilarious!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-25-2011, 4:06 PM Reply   
I know a lot of people that are certainly not senior citizens that ride CWB. Out here on the West Coast, CWB has built a pretty big following just in the last 4-5 years. Sounds like the teens in the boat are more concerned with what they think is "cool" instead of what might work best. They are missing out on a lot of good product (not just CWB) with that attitude!

But what do I know, I'm pushing thirty and my back hurts.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-25-2011, 6:07 PM Reply   
Who you calling old?

Darn whipersnappers!

45 is the new..... well it aint old.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-26-2011, 6:22 AM Reply   
i will be 24 this year and i have been riding CWB since i was 18. pretty sure i am not a senior citizen although my knees feel like it. kids who assume dumb stuff like that are noobs to the sport. they obviously don't know enough about the different board companies if they make sophomoric statements like that. two types of people in all sports--passionate and pretentious. they are obviously the latter if they are just wanting to look "cool"

Last edited by adamsilcio; 04-26-2011 at 6:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-26-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrachel View Post
There is a guy that sometimes rides with us who is about 60 and though he prefers to slalom, he does wakeboard. Since his board is a CWB, the teens on the boat instantly think that C-dub is for senior citizens.
teens these days are hilarious. there are tons of young riders out there that rip on cwb boards.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-26-2011, 9:41 AM Reply   
Yup... Ronix hardly even has a presence out here on the West Coast. Most of the rippers are on HL or CWB. Look at Josh Twelker.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-26-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
Just tell him to google Gabe Lucas, when he can rip harder than gabe on any medium he can talk.
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-26-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
I've talked to a few boardshops around here and they seem to sell Ronix in highest volumes. I don't have the data to back it up, but I'm guessing that it has to do with the graphics; and how most people here in LA are newbie riders. I guess if I was a new rider I'd get the 'best looking' board since they all seem to 'pop hard, land soft, and break loose when I want to' That being said, if they continued making the old Marius shape, I'd still be on a CWB =..(
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       04-26-2011, 4:46 PM Reply   
One kid on the boat, deemed the "cool kid" rides a Ronix, so all the other teen boys get the exact same year and model. They get the same Sanuk shoes as him, for a while were wearing basketball shorts instead of boardshorts because of him, and one day the kid carried his board around school all day because he didn't want to leave it in his Jeep, and one of the teens said that was cool and that he was gonna do that one day, too, even though his mom drops him off and picks him up.

As if just being a wakeboarder isn't bad ass enough!!
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-27-2011, 6:11 AM Reply   
Gabe Lucas,Clay Fletcher,Kaesen Suyderhoud,Keith Holley: CWB rail team, enough said.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-27-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
John, the only drastic changes they made to the Marius is there are no channels, but instead mini steps that still give the board traction even when you take off the fins. The shape is narrower of course but it still has a wide foundation and the dual-center spine still makes for soft landings. I've also noticed the Marius has been modified for cable and rails, the edges of the board are kinda lifted to prevent from chipping/cracking. I actually like the newer shape but I am a smaller rider so the older shape was just a little "too wide" for me but I still ripped on that board. Been on the Marius for nearly three years now and I have no complaints.

Been curious about the Vibe lately, just because I've been wanting to hit more rails....
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-27-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by radrachel View Post
One kid on the boat, deemed the "cool kid" rides a Ronix, so all the other teen boys get the exact same year and model. They get the same Sanuk shoes as him, for a while were wearing basketball shorts instead of boardshorts because of him, and one day the kid carried his board around school all day because he didn't want to leave it in his Jeep, and one of the teens said that was cool and that he was gonna do that one day, too, even though his mom drops him off and picks him up.

As if just being a wakeboarder isn't bad ass enough!!
LOL. wow. like i said... two reasons people get into sports: passionate or pretentious

while some are worried about the graphics on their board or whether to ride in basketball shorts or boardshorts, others are more concerned with dialing in switch and toeside before ever doing an invert. that's why i've always said there is a difference between people who wakeboard and people who are wakeboarders.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-27-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Adam, if you like the Marius but want to hit rails, look at the Factionx. Its got a slider base and the great shape for wake riding. I have a Vibe and for just rails, few beat it. Durable as heck and super pressable with the fins removed.