Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-30-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
The other thread is getting a bit long to look through. One week count down!

I'm in. Who else is in?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-30-2008, 2:52 PM Reply   
I'm in! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-31-2008, 10:13 PM Reply   
Oh yea...can't wait!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone and riding with some awesome ladies!!! Plus it's the start of my 3 weeks of vacation....nothing sweeter.

Liz, are you and Jen driving from home both days?

(Message edited by rnopr8 on July 31, 2008)
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-01-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
I'm in! Can't wait to hang out with everyone.
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-01-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
Yes, we are driving back and forth. It is about 45 minutes from my place and maybe an hour for Jen.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all face-to-face!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-06-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
good luck ladies!!! Email or post the results!! I can't wait to hear!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-06-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
1. Kat
2. Allison
3. Ann
4. Liz
5. Geri
6. Jen
7. Chris
Top 4 return tomorrow and all of us are invited to worlds

We had a lot of fun and hung around to cheer for the other divisions...wish you could have made it.
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-08-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
I know can we start a roll call for wake games next year!? Good job ladies! I wish I could have been there. So who threw it down? I may not have the tricks yet!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-08-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Great idea Kim!! Allison won with w2w grabbed 180's but Kat threw a great tantrum the first day. No one rode to their capacity day 2 cause of the conditions....very choppy. And Allison said she retired from competing after Nationals. We all had a great time. But the highlight of the week was hanging on the river with Liz, Jen, Kat, and Mike. What An AWESOME time we had today. Liz and Kat took the pics so we will post them when we get them.

Liz and Mike....thanks again for an absolutely outstanding day today. I can't tell you enough how thoroughly I enjoyed it. You guys are great!!!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2008, 9:03 PM Reply   
Thanks to everyone for a great week! You all made my first contest a FABULOUS experience!

And thanks again to Liz and Mike for hosting our ladies day today . . . what great fun! Thanks Kat for the pointers on my ts w2w -- I'll let you know when I nail it! Thanks Geri for getting the Masters Women division on the map -- that was my incentive to finally start competing!

It was so great meeting everyone! Can't wait to do it again next year!

Kim -- don't worry about your bag of tricks. I was totally freaked out that I didn't have the tricks to compete. It's really more about getting out there and having a great time . . . which is what we all did! We will be looking forward to having you join us!
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
What fun that was! Nationals was great other than the wind on Day 2. Kat's tantrum in the qualifying run was sick. Everyone was so solid - it was great to see other women riding, having fun and kicking butt! Never mind the fact that four out of the seven riders had knee braces!

I'll post some of my favorite pics below. Mike completely enjoyed driving for a boat full of women and thinks you gals are a hoot. It was so much fun to have you all on the Fox River - let's hope Nationals is in WI next year so that we can do it again!

Kat's wicked nose grab.
Upload

Kat's flippy thing.
Upload

Jen on glass.
Upload
Old     (lizrd)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-09-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
And my favorite Geri sequence:

Going for the W2W 180
Upload

Landing the W2W 180
Upload

YES!
Upload
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
Excellent pics - thanks, Liz! I only took video and will put something together to post in the next couple of days. I had an awesome time & really enjoyed "smacking that a$$!" lol
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-09-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
Liz -- AWESOME pics!!! I can't wait to see the videos.

Kat -- We rode this morning . . . still couldn't land my ts w2w but I'm so much closer thanks to your drill. My body position is WAY stronger . . . I just need to focus on not unwinding in the air.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-11-2008, 3:47 AM Reply   
Excellent Progress, Jen!! You'll have it next time out...I can feel it!
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-11-2008, 11:11 AM Reply   
I must say that I am thoroughly impressed with what you ladies did this year. People don't know yet that in 10 years this class is gonna be bangin' with the likes of Dallas, Emily, etc.....but you gals will always be able to say that you essentially created this class at Nationals/Worlds "way back" in 2008! Brava!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2008, 3:55 PM Reply   
Liz...great shots!! Wow...the glass on Jen's pic is fantastic!! SIC nose grab Kat, or rather that cool grabby thing

Eric...the support from a total stranger really says a lot. We had a blast!!!
(Has that little baby been on a board yet?)
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       08-12-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
Well, my compliments are well deserved...you guys did great.

And about my son....that evening of the profile pic, I was about to take him to the end of the rope, but he was having so much fun "wakeboarding" (right next to the boat! ) that I figured there was no reason to rush him back there. And all he could talk about for the rest of the week was his "wakeboarding" adventure...it was great!

p.s. see you guys at worlds!

(Message edited by eas on August 12, 2008)
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-13-2008, 3:57 AM Reply   
Kat!!!!!!!! You look amazing!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-13-2008, 4:14 AM Reply   
You are too kind, Audrey!

Geri/Jen/Liz,

I put a little video together from the river outing. I should get it uploaded tonight. Will post the link here when I get it done. I apologize in advance that Mike didn't get as much "camera" time as the ladies! ;-D

Liz - thanks for taking my video, as it was painfully obvious what is wrong with my toeside! Helps when you can see it!

Jen - your toeside looks awesome; just don't bend at the waist at the wake. (Better than me being bent at waist entire approach though!)

Once again...awesome time on the river!
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Hey ladies,

I am so bummed that I missed the river trip! It sounds like you all had a great time.

Try this - To keep from bending at the waist TS, I really focus on pushing my front hip out toward the handle. Schwenne taught me this and when I do it my TS jumps are dead on. Plus it relieves any pressure on the lower back that you may experience while riding.

Dr's appointment is tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-13-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
You definitely missed the highlight of the trip with the river outing! We wish you could have made it!

Fingers crossed, Girlfriend! Good Luck!

Yes, I know what I'm SUPPOSED to do with toeside, but.....somehow got into a terrible habit with poor body position. Will be correcting that this weekend! Thanks!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-13-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
Hi guys!! Just checking in. We are in Chicago tonight and home tomorrow (I'm losing my tan )
We had a great time riding on the Mississippi....smooth water all day.

CC...the highlight truly was the river trip. That will go down as one of the best riding times I have had...(oh yea, big bootie!!)

(It's a camp game, guys!...CC and I will teach it to y'all at worlds).
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2008, 2:42 AM Reply   
Technical difficulties, aka operator ignorance, uploading the video. I have to convert it to a different format. Will try again tonight!
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-14-2008, 5:42 AM Reply   
Here's a pic of all of us.
It was really great putting faces with names. I can't wait until World's.
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-14-2008, 5:53 AM Reply   
Well, that didn't work. I'll try again when I figure this out.
Old     (push_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-14-2008, 6:27 AM Reply   
Okay let's try again.Upload
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Awesome pic, Annie! Thanks! It turned out great!
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
That is an awesome picture!

So, I go get an MRI tomorrow. Dr seemed perplexed by my pain given my lack of other symptoms. He said my left knee is looser than my right, but he didn't seem concerned by it given my past injury. Unfortunately he is out of the office next week, so I have to wait until the following week for my follow up appointment. He didn't seem optimistic about Worlds for me this year . My thinking is that thanks to a free ticket on SWA I stand a chance until he tells me no way.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
Is it just me, or does Jen look topless in that photo? lol

Good Luck, CC - please come to OKC with us!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
Kat -- Thanks for pointing that out ;)

CC -- Stay positive and it will all work out! We WILL see you at Worlds!
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-14-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
You're welcome...leave it to the one that likes "smacking that #$#" to do so!

Sorry, Gang....my video editing skills are lacking. I had equal coverage of all of us, but YouTube kept compressing the file and removing parts! My apologies...I tried!!

It's a little better if you hit the option to watch in high quality under the "views" text.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx0Li2W1KpI

(Message edited by wakekat15 on August 14, 2008)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-14-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Good luck Geri (and everyone else!).
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-14-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
Well, a little late with the post. Congrats to everyone. Yea, that sounds better
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-14-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Great video Kat! The water looks epic and everybody looked like they killed it
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
Hey Buzz....thanks sooooo much! We had a great time and looking forward to Worlds.

When is the next San V day?

(Message edited by rnopr8 on August 14, 2008)
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-14-2008, 9:17 PM Reply   
That was great to relive the day Kat....fun times!!!
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-14-2008, 10:30 PM Reply   
Awesome vid!!

Congrats to all of you for doing this, and I hope you have a great time competing again in Worlds.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-15-2008, 10:39 AM Reply   
Geri,

Labor day weekend all of us with WakeboardSD are going to be there Sun and Mon. Mon is the LAST day the lake will be open for 8 years or so, so it is a big weekend for us. Hopefully all the great WakeWorlder's I/we have met over the years will be there to say goodby to our lake. Maybe we should all wear black on the last day!
Old     (a1flowergirl)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2008, 6:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for the video Kat! It turned out great!