Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Anyone know a quick and easy way to get this thing in? Do I need to take existing overflow off of tanks and connect to bag then from bag out of boat to fill/drain it?

I am just not exactly sure. Tried searching.. can't find much.
It is going on an 06 X2 so no worries about timers etc.
Thanks
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
here is what Andrew Davis gave me....

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/579077.html

He was willing to answer all of my retarded questions and he took the time to post the entire process. Standup guy if you ask me.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
That install is dope! I only have the 2 rear sacs to install. I was thinking of T-ing into the fill/drain line but am unsure of how it is going to empty!!!
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
do it just like he has it... his drains just fine.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
So just T into the overflow and the fill lines. But put in a check valve on the overflows as to not fill the sac as you are overfilling the tank if you dont want the sacs full. Also putting in a valve on the bag. Sounds easy enough should be good to go now!!
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-24-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
just giving back to the group that has helped me quite a bit.....
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-24-2008, 10:30 AM Reply   
andrew what I said above does that sound right. For rear sacs only. T out of the fill pump. T into the overflows. Put in a check valve on the sac overflows. Also put in a ball valve going into the sac to isolate what I want filled or not.

Going to go do that and I hope it works. Seems like it to me but never done this before! Got all the supplies today and going to git r done!
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-24-2008, 12:18 PM Reply   
So now that I am half way through the job.... I have just found that my port side ballast pump seems like its pooched. It is humming when I turn it on just not growling and working like the others??

Anyone know whats up with this? I tried tapping it to see if it was stuck or something but not a thing.... Boo and vacation starts now but am getting stuff done on the boat this week so we can enjoy it for the summer! AHHH!!
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-24-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
Impeller is screwed no big deal..

I still have a question about the overflow and when your draining.

Do I have to T into the overflow line of the tank and throw in a check valve only on the sac side or on both the tank and the sac?? Please let me know. Thanks
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
I'm thinking of doing this same deal with my Wakecraft and it seems as though it should only be the sac side of the overflow, at least thats how I am going to do it.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-29-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
sorry, wife had baby tue-thurs (31 hour labor) so i was busy

i think i answered your question already somewhere, but only need check valve on bag side of overflow. tank is permanently connected and should always be filling if bag is filling, so overflow never a problem. shouldnt even occur actually.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-29-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Congrats Andrew....now let the fun begin!!!