Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (3star)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-01-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
I am looking for a reasonably priced v drive and have found 2 2001 kamberras. They seem to be a crossover which is fine. Information seems to be hard to find on them. Does anyone have any good/bad input? thanks
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-01-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
If that is the same hull as the Mobius V from those years then they will throw a great wake with weight. The only problem is that is that it may be hard to find spots to hide ballast in the boat.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       10-08-2009, 11:54 AM Reply   
Brett, I own a 2000 Kamberra. It is a great boat!
Like Brett said, with weight it throws an awesome wake. I ride with 450 lb sacks in the engine compartments, 750 in the ski locker, and 300-350 in the bow. I typically have 6+ people in the boat. At full capacity, 12 people, the wake is really nice. btw - all the ballast is hidden, there is still plenty of storage.
A big difference you may notice is the width of the wake. Since the boat is slightly wider than some others (this also may be from hull shape) the wake is wider. My buddy has an Air Nautique, and I would guess that my wake is 3-4 feet wider.

PS - my boat is for sale. If you are interested, let me know and I will email you some info.
Old     (3star)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-08-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
thanks for the info. with the walk through i think it would be hard to weight equally. since you own one can you tell me about the ski wake and the power that a cab 350 will produce in a 22' boat. thanks again
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-08-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
Brett, I had a 2000 Mobius V with the carb 310hp motor. I didn't pay too much attention to the prop but even with 10 people and some ballast it did fine. I had an 1100lb bag in the front and 400's in the rear and it did fine then as well. If the kamberra is close to the same weight as the Mob V then it should be fine. The MobV was pretty light for a 22' boat. I want to say it was 3100lbs or so.
Old     (ride152)      Join Date: Nov 2005 Location: Maumee River - Ohio       10-09-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
Brett,
My Kamberra does not have the walk through, it has the solid engine cover which allows two larger sacks. If I had known I could have fit it, I would have put 550's in.
I don't know much about the ski wake as I don't ski.
The Kamberra has no problem getting out of the hole. Although I did upgrade the prop twice. I am now using an ACME prop that is an inch larger in diameter, a better cup and pitch. It makes a dramatic difference in hole shot and is easier to maintain a wakeboard speed. The only drawback is you will lose some top end speed.
Brett, where are you located?
Old     (3star)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-09-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
located in cincinnati oh. thanks for the info