Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-27-2009, 10:15 PM Reply   
Unfortunately this boat was a product of Bridgecity Watersports going out of business. When we finally got the boat in Mid July the boat was totally stripped. Speakers, amps, lights, boardracks, tower mirror, carpet inlay.... pretty much anything that could be taken was.
Many thanks to Matt and Gerry at Active Watersports and Mark Gibbs at Malibu for piecing this back together. Also a very special thanks to Jason at Kingpin and Bill and Brian at Exile Audio. It has been challenging with Titan and Metcraft both being out of business getting parts and pieces wasnt the easiest task.
We were able to rack up 50+ hours since we took it home in July. And we couldnt be happier with our decision to buy a Malibu again. This is our first wakeboard Malibu, we had Malibu Skiers growing up but I have to say that the 2009 hull design and the Maliview are top notch and easy for anyone to become a great driver.
Here are a few pictures.

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-27-2009, 10:40 PM Reply   
Gentleman's Coice. Very nice.
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       09-27-2009, 10:50 PM Reply   
i love the color scheme, kind of reminds me of ...Upload
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-27-2009, 11:15 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I pity the foo' who hit that wake unprepared.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-27-2009, 11:33 PM Reply   
Daa da da daaaaaa, da daa daaaaa...
Old    pdxWAKE.com            09-28-2009, 7:16 AM Reply   
Gotta say sweet boat. Even nicer in person. Congrats Brady! If you did pull up to the ramp with that A Team van you would be pretty damn cool.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-28-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
Sounds like you got the boat with how it was "accessorized " in January.

Great lookin' boat.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-28-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
Looks really awesome man and just in time for winter! What did you do system wise?
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       09-28-2009, 8:29 AM Reply   
Nice looking ride!

What's the story on getting the boat stripped?
Did the dealer take everything off? Stolen?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-28-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
That is a fine lookin Bu for sure! I've seen alot of em with just one color down the side and wondered why the decals were kind of on a slant, but with yours having the red stripe around it, you can totally see why they do that. I've seen many of them with no wakesetter decal on them and they look sweet! But with yours, keep it on there. That thing is fine! I'm curious about the accessories getting stripped as well!
Old    shooter_08            09-28-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
As Face would say, "I love it when a plan comes together!"
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-28-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
The parts were stolen by employees and customers that I guess felt that they were owed something when Bridgecity went under.
Malibu and AWS replaced the boat as it showed on the build sheet. And it was originally built with every option except a heater. It has a heated drivers seat but no heater. We are in the process of adding a heater now.
The system is a work in progress. Currently we are running the 2 stock Fosgate amps that Malibu replaced to power the cabins and the stock 12" Fosgate sub, we upgraded the cabin speakers to the Exile XT65's. The tower is being run by a hotrodded Exile 600W amp and we went with 4 Exile XM7's
Its not quite the system we had last year but who knows what winter will bring.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-28-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
One of the nices looking Malibus I've ever seen. Love the colors.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-28-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
But what we all want to know is.... What did the truck cost. WOW. Talk about a tow vehicle :-)
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-28-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
I second the A-team tow vehicle!

Did you say Titan is out of business?

http://www.titanwake.com/

Sure doesn't seem like it from their website...
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-28-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Oops, I meant Extreme not Titan. The trailer parts have been a pain to get. Luckily its just the center caps on the wheels that are missing. The wheels may have to go. Maybe I can find those wheels off the A-Team van for the trailer....LOL

Upload
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-28-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Bridge City when they recieved there new boats wouldn't prep them alot of the time. Which allowed for parts to mysteriously disappear.

They would also take parts off boats in stock, usually the ones they had sitting there the longest, to fix customers boats. For instance this boat http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/1385075648.html was one that they had used for parts, but when i was looking at them, had them re-add the parts that were missing before i would actually look at it.
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-28-2009, 7:16 PM Reply   
There was another person looking at this boat when it was at Bridgecity. Should of been the writing on the wall when BC let the guy take it out for the weekend on a demo. When we saw it on the water at the end of June it was loaded. Mysteriously when it showed up at AWS 15 days later it was stripped.
Lots of weird stuff going on over there no doubt. I am surprised that they lasted as long as they did with some of their business tactics.
We are very happy to be working with AWS. I bought a boat a couple of boats ago from BC and had nothing but problems with them. I was really dragging my feet on switching to Malibu until Active took over the line.
Funny how things workout. Like Shooter said, I love it when a plan comes together...
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-28-2009, 7:58 PM Reply   
Weird stuff going on over there is an understatement. I have heard so many stories from ex-employees about how things were run there over the years. Good decision to drag your feet. And from what i was told he didn't start having problems with a few certain companies until just before the 2008 boat show.

A weekend demo was normal business practice for them. I took home a LSV 247 in January so that the family could look at it and what not. They said i could do whatever i wanted with it, and pretty much gave the impression that they didnt want me to bring the boat back to them.

But again great looking boat, was really impressed with it when i first saw it on the trailer at BC. Looked good on the water when I saw you out a few weeks ago.

If you ever take a drive down Butteville Road from Butteville to the Charboneau Boat Ramp you may pass some of your missing parts on the right side of the road.