Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-05-2018, 6:06 AM Reply   
Anyone with a Sanger V215 installed speakers in the bow near the cup holders? Looking at doing this for my 2006 and wondering if there is a template somewhere or for other good ideas on how to install. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-07-2018, 10:34 AM Reply   
you talking midrange speakers? would probably work in the seat bases.

I've also thought about doing a playpen bow using a sub box to fill the walkway and support the cushions on top. You won't find templates, but you could easily add some speakers up there
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-07-2018, 8:15 PM Reply   
Here’s a picture of what I’m doing to my boat disclaimer this isn’t my boat
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-09-2018, 11:42 AM Reply   
I'd like to do that as well, but it's not going to work in the bow of a 215...
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-09-2018, 2:37 PM Reply   
That picture is of a 215 bow
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-10-2018, 11:14 AM Reply   
oh!!
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       09-20-2018, 12:09 AM Reply   
The pic is exactly what I was thinking. That looks like a 5" speaker - fits in there pretty well. Do you know the details on that? Is there a template available to mount the speaker in to then fix it in place near the cup holders? Any details appreciated.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       10-10-2018, 4:15 PM Reply   
You'd have to make your own, I looked into it before we sold our sanger. Not sure your location but there was a guy on here who had a stereo shop in San Jose who said he could do it. I think he had a blue Malibu and was helpful about how to get it done.

I don't believe there are any provisions to do it in the stock sanger without making something custom, but you could attach to the back of the backrest seat pad (maybe where it mounts to the gunnel) or try and anchor to the front part of the cup holder board. Make a board out of plastic with the speaker hole and cover with foam then cover with vinyl. If you mess it up it would be hard to see anyways. good luck Sanger needs to put some up there to keep up w the joneses!

Or, If you haven't done tower speakers get the kind that swivel and roll with two forward for people in the bow. I think it balances out the sound better when cruising or parked anyways doing that.

Last edited by chilidog; 10-10-2018 at 4:24 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-11-2018, 10:06 AM Reply   
thought about having some custom enclosures like that made, but will probably upgrade soon so decided not to mess with it.