Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2018, 9:29 PM Reply   
Check out these JackA$$’s

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...476352703.html

This coffee shop says they will not serve Cops. I can’t wait for this place to “call for service” and the cops some how get lost or can’t seem to make it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-10-2018, 7:25 AM Reply   
Hmmm

Let’s see if this makes national headlines like the small bakery refusing to do a gay wedding cake.
I am sure the ACLU has already sent a contingent to file suit and work diligently on the case as we speak

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-10-2018 at 7:28 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-10-2018, 1:56 PM Reply   
I was thinking the same thing about the bakery. When I went to search for that Orignal story about the Oregon shop that refused to bake a wedding cake for a Gay couple, and they were sued. Turns out that same senario has happend all over the world.

Honestly: my thoughts on this would be “NO government intervention or No law suit” Let the customers decide with their $ who is right and who is wrong! Hopefully the good people of Oakland will not visit the shop and that will be enough, to either make change their stance or go out of business, IMO they have the right to serve or NOT serve whoever they don’t like. But we have the same right to let everyone know how this business feels, and acts
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-10-2018, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Check out these JackA$$’s

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...476352703.html

This coffee shop says they will not serve Cops. I can’t wait for this place to “call for service” and the cops some how get lost or can’t seem to make it.
PREPARE YO BE AMAZED!!!!

Grant, I completely agree with you.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-11-2018, 8:00 AM Reply   
Business must be booming in California to turn away paying customers, but they do own the business, so the owners should be able to serve whomever they want. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Personally, I like having the police around.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-11-2018, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker1234 View Post
Business must be booming in California to turn away paying customers, but they do own the business, so the owners should be able to serve whomever they want. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Personally, I like having the police around.
I whole heartedly agree.......... However the courts have said otherwise . The bakery case is just one of the many to display just that. If someone owns their own business they should have a right to refuse whoever they want . Just know those decisions will have consequences on your earnings . Chick-FIl-A also comes to mind

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-11-2018 at 9:54 AM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-12-2018, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
PREPARE YO BE AMAZED!!!!

Grant, I completely agree with you.
Wow. that IS amazing!

and why on earth would the idiot coffee shop do that? very stupid.

I would have FREE coffee for them. they would have to pay for donuts....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-12-2018, 5:52 PM Reply   
Could this be a result of the TRUMP effect! My money is on that these F tards are Libral hyporcyrats. That preach tolerance but have none unless you agree with them. If you had a shop and said NO GAYs will be served!!!! Holy $Hit would Hit the Fan. Better yett. I will bet you anything that the Oakland PD is more than 70% NON white. So that would make the majority of Oakland PD minority’s. I BET YOU. If the tables were turned the news headline’s
would read. “OAKLAND coffee shop will not serve MINORTYS” talk about fake news or the ability to report the truth
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-13-2018, 7:49 AM Reply   
Nothing says "come on in and rob us" like publicly announcing that cops aren't welcome. They're in Oakland off of Fruitvale Ave., so calling the police for some reason, at some point, is inevitable. How fast do you think they will respond after being discriminated against and refused service?

I can't wait to sit back and watch once the Bay Area has become a giant sanctuary for illegals, and a completely gun free and anti-police community. It's going to be a **** show.

Last edited by jarrod; 03-13-2018 at 7:49 AM. Reason: typo
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-13-2018, 8:56 AM Reply   
The group of people who keep fighting against discrimination, hate, preaching tolerance have this list of things that are okay to hate, discriminate against & shun from society. The only joy I get out of this is knowing it's those morons that suffer the most under their own policies.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2018, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
I can't wait to sit back and watch once the Bay Area has become a giant sanctuary for illegals, and a completely gun free and anti-police community. It's going to be a **** show.
Wo! Slow your roll partner. Some of us still have to live here I hear what ur saying, but surrender is not a option. “The political agenda swings side to side state to state”. I had heard someone make a good argument for not abandoning states that they deem to restrictive and liberal like (California &NY) his point was if it can happen here it can happen where ever you move to.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-13-2018, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wo! Slow your roll partner. Some of us still have to live here I hear what ur saying, but surrender is not a option. “The political agenda swings side to side state to state”. I had heard someone make a good argument for not abandoning states that they deem to restrictive and liberal like (California &NY) his point was if it can happen here it can happen where ever you move to.
It is happening everywhere. These dolts leave Cali for CO or Texas then demand it be like the hell hole they left.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2018, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
It is happening everywhere. These dolts leave Cali for CO or Texas then demand it be like the hell hole they left.
Ha! As a Nevadan, we also blame CA for everything (while simultaneously ignoring the adds to the economy and tax base, but why let facts get in the way of a good rant).

I've always wondered how far "it's the damn Californians' fault" stretches... at least to CO it seems!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-13-2018, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Ha! As a Nevadan, we also blame CA for everything (while simultaneously ignoring the adds to the economy and tax base, but why let facts get in the way of a good rant).

I've always wondered how far "it's the damn Californians' fault" stretches... at least to CO it seems!
Look no further than the sanctuary city Denver has become. Are policies like that worth the additions? I am willing to bet at the end of the day the economy is in the red once you factor in all the extra costs supporting everything that comes with sanctuary status.

Last edited by xstarrider; 03-13-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-13-2018, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:

Lets see. Cali has the largest exodus in the country. We're the second fastest growing state in the country, number 4 on the list of where Californians are heading. Reno doesn't even make the list so I can see why you have such myopic ignorance on the matter. There's articles if you care to actually google that explicitly state people leaving Cali are turning west states blue. You're usually pretty smart, but sometimes just a smug jackwagon.

Adds to the taxes sure. Lets talk about the strain on schools & infrastructure that was never meant to handle the influx we've had? I love that construction is booming & my house doubled in value & keeps going up, but that's only so I can leave when the kids are done with school. You only want to smell the roses when there are millions of negatives that have come along with it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2018, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Lets see. ...You only want to smell the roses when there are millions of negatives that have come along with it.
What roses am I smelling? I'm just noting that this has been a common refrain in Nevada since I've been a kid. Really not saying anything one way or the other about it, other than that I'm surprised that the complaint stretches that far east.

Given their geographic spread, where will you go when the kids are out of school that escapes the influence of emigrating Californians? AFAIK, NV, AZ, UT, OR, WA, ID all have similar stories, and now I'm surprised to find out CO and TX. Where can you go?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-13-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
2 of the biggest reasons people are leaving California are because of housing and taxes? Home prices, rent and taxes are forcing people out.
some want to cash out on their home$$ or the other end of the spectrum, they cant afford to stay. A 1.5 hour commute twice a day for $12/hr gets tiring.
The exodus has been going on for 20 years but for some reason too many fools from wherever keep coming here. Traffic only gets worse. More homeless, this crisis just gets bigger. With all the people leaving, why did it take me an hour to go 16 miles last Thursday?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-13-2018, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
2 of the biggest reasons people are leaving California are because of housing and taxes? Home prices, rent and taxes are forcing people out.
some want to cash out on their home$$ or the other end of the spectrum, they cant afford to stay. A 1.5 hour commute twice a day for $12/hr gets tiring.
The exodus has been going on for 20 years but for some reason too many fools from wherever keep coming here. Traffic only gets worse. More homeless, this crisis just gets bigger. With all the people leaving, why did it take me an hour to go 16 miles last Thursday?
That's exactly what's going on here. It isn't because they're from Cali & bring their blue values that I am griping about. You can't anywhere in this city anymore. What used to be 10 min drives are now 30, longer if there's an accident. Wanna go skiing? Either leave by 5:30 am & sit in the parking lot till something to eat opens then go ski or sit in traffic for 3-4 hours. Used to take a 1.5 hours to get home from the resorts, now if you don't leave by 1pm, 3-4 hours & longer if it's snowing or an accident happened. Our homeless problem is out of control, crimes way up & that is where I bring the "blue values" comment I made. They come here, vote for the things they hated unwittingly making it the same place they left.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-13-2018, 1:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
What roses am I smelling? I'm just noting that this has been a common refrain in Nevada since I've been a kid. Really not saying anything one way or the other about it, other than that I'm surprised that the complaint stretches that far east.

Given their geographic spread, where will you go when the kids are out of school that escapes the influence of emigrating Californians? AFAIK, NV, AZ, UT, OR, WA, ID all have similar stories, and now I'm surprised to find out CO and TX. Where can you go?
Thinking more like Tulsa, Birmingham, Little Rock. I could do MN again but the wife overruled that. We're still in the early phases of picking places then going & checking them out. I just want to get away from congestion & be able to afford a home on the water. Can't touch a lake home here under a million. I only need to find my place for 30-40 years of life. Every part of this country is going to become very over crowded like China but thankfully the vast majority of us will be dead by then.