Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-20-2011, 9:32 AM Reply   
I am sure that many of you have noticed some of the new banner ad's that Wet Sounds has used on this site talking about the "revolution". All I can gather is that they are an upgrade from the existing Pro 80's and Pro 60's with more quality sound and several years of design going into the final product.

So Tim or anyone who knows, what is the deal with these new speakers?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-20-2011, 10:24 AM Reply   
Murphy,
Rumor has it that you will be seeing a total rework with more midbass surface area related to pod displacement. So think more sound and midbass extension in a compact package. More output and very importantly they have worked very hard in engineering to build a remarkably smooth and linear sounding HLCD. New crossovers, new cone materials, etc. Lots of overseas trips, testing, listening and measuring. An accumulation of all they have learned in the tower speaker biz.
So its hard to speculate until we have them in the field but I can't wait to get my first sample.
Coming soon.
But a few have already heard the early Rev 8 beta units on the go-fast fishing boat.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
The two new speakers will be the REV 8 and REV 10. (8 inch and 10 inch) Yes you read that correct, 10 inch.

However, the 8 inch will be the size of our current pro 60 and the 10 inch in the size of the current pro 80. So you will get insane sound and volume in very small form factors considering the size of the drivers.

When I say Revolutionary, I mean it. We have spent 2 years designing and prototyping these. We have been very busy. When building everything from scratch and not using anything off the shelf it takes a ton of time but the end result is something that must be heard. We have developed new cone materials for the mid bass which we have added a layer of Kevlar to our EFG epoxy fiberglass cone material to create a stiffer cone, new surround material, new motor structure, new compression drivers, new crossovers, as well as two types of clamps. fixed and swivel. as well as the X mount cast tower versions. So there will be endless fitment options.

We were able to take all of our knowledge we have had designing and building HLCD tower speakers over the years and build a speaker that provides amazing volume but with the cleanest sound quality you have heard from an HLCD. We spent a lot of time examining the human auditory system and the way that certain frequencies affect your ears. We took this and designed the speaker around this so that it can provide large amounts of output and volume but not hurt your ears. So there is not the tinny or ringing or harsh sound usually associated with high volumes. We literally designed the speaker so that these frequencies are toned down in a way that you can crank the speakers up and they are so loud you cant beleive it but not rip your head off painful. Also by designing the speaker this way, you get a full and balanced sound quality. The other ways to tone down a compression driver normally used are by adding resistance. This just lowers the output. So then you lose volume. You will see some crossovers with switches. This is usually one wide open and switched over to -3db by adding resistance and toning the horn down. I feel that if you design the speaker to sound the way you want, you shouldn’t have to use a switch to tone it down. So with these you get the volume you want out of a HLCD but the sound quality never seen before in any HLCD.

I could go on for days. But in the end, I will let the product speak for itself. Wickedcummins, I promise you it is worth the wait. The REV 8 will be shipping the beginning of May so 3 to 4 weeks out. The REV 10 will be middle to the end of May so a few weeks later.

Shoot me an email to twhite@wetsounds.com when it gets close, or follow our facebook page. I will be adding info there

As soon as I have more to share I will. I will add more details and pictures when I can

Tim
Wet Sounds
Does that help?

Last edited by wakeworld; 04-21-2011 at 8:21 AM. Reason: Incorrect pricing removed at the request of Wet Sounds
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-20-2011, 10:33 AM Reply   
That helps a ton. Now if someone could just get me the power handling specs on them that would be great. Actually talked to my shop last night about ordering me a pair of the 10s. They didn't know the power handling and Omar wouldn't disclose it over the phone.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-20-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
Don't have that, sorry! I would think that it would be whatever a Pro 80 is at least but maybe it's more!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-20-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
Thats all exciting news. Gotta love it when they don't rest on their laurels and just take our money year after year but rather come up with new ways to innovate. Exile, WS, Bullet kudos.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-20-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
Competition and Free Market is good!!!! It was nice when America promoted competition. Maybe Tim, Brian and Jamie should be invited to the next G-8 summit.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-21-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay but I have been super busy trying to get everything set for the new stuff. Yes the Revolution is coming!

We call them Revolution because we feel they truly are revolutionary. We were one of the first companies to bring HLCD wakeboard towers speakers to market and had our first designs in 2004. So 7 years continually learning and designing and prototyping. As the market has matured, we have been getting so many requests from customers and dealers about ways to get the up close sound quality of a conventional speaker and the projection of a horn loaded speaker in one package. Everyone always wanted the loudest. Now it seems everyone wants to be loud but also wants the smooth sound and up close in and around the boat sound. So over 2 years ago, we started working on these new designs to build hands down the best sounding while still being the loudest HLCD tower speaker ever.

We examined the human auditory system and did research on frequencies and which ones affect your ears more than others at louder volumes. We looked at ways to get more output while keeping the housings small. we looked at ways to increase the mid bass output to keep up with a horn loaded driver easier, we looked the clamps and mounting solutions, etc...

So the end result is a speaker system that is insanely loud but with a sound quality unmatched. IMHO, I feel these are the perfect tower speaker. They blend full warm mid bass and smooth highs without the "horn" sound or harshness, all while still being able to project and get the volume to the rider.

The two products set to be shipping in a few weeks are the REV 8 and REV 10. Both products share some really cool technology. We designed a new motor structure for the mid bass drivers that increases their output and efficiency. We designed a new cone materiel that is stiffer and lighter by adding a layer of Kevlar to our EFG(epoxy fiberglass cone). We came up with a new formula for our polyurethane surround proving more excursion and more efficiency. We designed a new compression driver that provides a really smooth sound. We designed a really trick crossover section so that the response is smooth and the harsh section of frequencies are toned down to not affect your ears, new updated stainless steel overlay grilles that have our signature look but a smoother rounder shape and recessed stainless into the grilles, new clamps with both fixed and swivel options. I will update more info on the clamps later. But there will be a ton of options.

The REV 8 uses the housing from our PRO 60 speaker with a new front bezel to fit the REV 8 inch driver. So you get a true 8 inch driver in the sized housing previously for a 6.5 inch speaker. The REV 10 uses the housing from the PRO 80 speaker with a new front bezel to fit the REV 10 driver. So you get a true 10 inch driver in the sized housing previously for an 8 inch.

The REV 8 is rated at 200 watts RMS/400 watts peak and the REV 10 is 300 watts RMS/600 watts peak. As with everything we rate, these are conservative ratings.

REV 8 will be shipping May 12th (give or take a few) and the REV 10 will be the end of may so a few weeks behind the REV 8.

We will be taking pre orders now so if anyone is interested let us or your local dealer know.

REV 8 (x mount or fixed pipe clamp mount) $999 pair
REV 8 (TC3 swivel, quick disconnect clamp) $1099 pair
REV 10 (x mount or fixed pipe clamp mount) $1149 pair
REV 10 (TC3 swivel, quick disconnect clamp) $1249 pair.

Here are some pictures of a prototype pair of REV 8 on our new Sea Hunter Salt Water demo boat for Team Wet Sounds Fishing Team. These were through bolted to the t top. Anyone that has heard this boat at the boat shows it was at for the last 2 weeks will be able to tell you more about the sound.

I will add some pictures of the REV 8 and REV 10 and more info on the clamps when I can.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Attached Images

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2011, 2:09 PM Reply   
Those look awesome! I can't wait to hear a set of both the 8's and the 10's. I really like how they look smoother than the current 80's and currents 60's
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-21-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
I would be most intested if there will be an adapter so you can hang them on a Centurion Enzo Evolution Tower.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
looking forward to hearing them. will existing TC2's work with the fixed clamp versions of these (both rev 8 and rev 10?) or do you have to spring for the new TC3's?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-21-2011, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat View Post
I would be most intested if there will be an adapter so you can hang them on a Centurion Enzo Evolution Tower.
We have the new Centurion Gladiator adapters. I am not 100% but i am pretty sure they will work for the Evolution tower as well.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-21-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucemac View Post
looking forward to hearing them. will existing TC2's work with the fixed clamp versions of these (both rev 8 and rev 10?) or do you have to spring for the new TC3's?
Yes, We will be able to adapt the REV speakers to the TC2 clamps. (it will need the top plate used on the TC2-60 speaker. So you might need to get a new top plate. But there will be a lot of options

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2011, 4:40 PM Reply   
will syn6 200W a side (1-2 and 3-4 bridged) cut it for a pair of REV 10's?
Old     (NOBODY)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-21-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
Tim, I took down our Pro60's and hung them at work. Everyone loves them!! Actually, we really would like to get a couple more sets for our building in time. We just bought a new set of Pro80's two weeks ago. They are still in the box because we want to build a custom SS mount. So the question is........can I return my Pro80's for a set of REV10's??? I'll pay shipping. The new Pro80's are still perfectly packaged. These will complement our pair of 485's...of course.

Ole Wet Sounds boat owner....

Greg
Old     (NOBODY)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-21-2011, 5:02 PM Reply   
One last thing for Tim.....have you ever seen someone make a swing brack that can position itself (locking) in two or more positions. It would be nice to have our new speakers swing out slightly (mid rear - each side) when on the water, but swing in when off the water during transport.

In generalization, where the speaker clamps to the bar, a fulcrum with 25 degrees of pivot would be optimum.

If not, maybe you know of off the shelf hardware that I can buy....cause we can fabricate here.

Thanks.

BTW....your boat has 400 hours on it with no mechanical problems.

We LOVE it!
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2011, 5:29 PM Reply   
Hopefully some used wetsounds will hit the market about the time these do!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-21-2011, 5:32 PM Reply   
Tim : Are the Rev 10's in white going to ready to ship before the Pro80's? If so please let me know - PM me so I can get them shipped asap, I have a customer with the Evolution XS (09' LSV) waiting!

Will the SYN2 power them adequately like the Pro80's?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-21-2011, 5:33 PM Reply   
Yeah I may have some freshly painted white Pro 80's hit the market pretty soon. PM me if want white Duff
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-22-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Bruce,

200 watts on the REV 10 will be OK and get you by kinda like on the 80's. However, 400 watts will really make them sing. We tested them with the SYN-4 bridged for 400x2 and they love it. The REV 8 love the SYN-4 bridged as well. However, the SYN-2 for 200 watts or like you mentioned will be OK but the bare MIN RMS needed.

Greg, have not seen a bracket like that but sounds like a good idea. I am glad the RZ4 is still rocking! Did you ever re wrap it?

TQ. The REV 8 white and black will be here first on the 12th so I would maybe go that route. I'll get with you on the REV 10 or 80's as I am not 100% on exact dates, but end of may is what it is looking like

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-22-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
Hmmm... I might have to sell my Pro-80's for the NEW Rev 10's!!!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2011, 8:02 AM Reply   
Right now I have 4 pros 80 that are getting 180 watts each. I wonder how a pair Rev 10's would compare with 400 watts a piece.

Decisions, decision, decisions
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-22-2011, 8:14 AM Reply   
murphy,

4 REV 10's. With 400 watts a piece!! Game over.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2011, 8:28 AM Reply   
I did not need to hear that Tim!!!!!!!!

Man - you already have drawing and measuring new versions of my Amp Rack to see if I can fit a fourth amp.....darn you!!!!!!
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-22-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim - let me know or have Shawn call me (I asked him to backorder the white 80's for me but if I can get the Rev 10's about the same time we may go that route)

Anybody wanna buy a 4-Pack of Hollow Point 770 HLCD's? (2 3/8's clamps)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
to hear a duck quack, lol
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2011, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsounds1 View Post
Bruce,

200 watts on the REV 10 will be OK and get you by kinda like on the 80's. However, 400 watts will really make them sing. We tested them with the SYN-4 bridged for 400x2 and they love it. The REV 8 love the SYN-4 bridged as well. However, the SYN-2 for 200 watts or like you mentioned will be OK but the bare MIN RMS needed.

Tim
Wet Sounds
bummer, so I'm kind of stuck then. I've got a Syn4, but I'm running my inboats in 4-channel mode currently, so 125W a piece. They're the Polk MM's so, 3.7Ohms. Then the Syn6 is running 1-4 bridged to a pair of 80's and 5-6 bridged to my sub. doesn't look like i've really got any options for replacing the Pro 80's with the Rev 10's without removing the Syn6 and buying a Syn4 and a Syn2. sound about right?

Last edited by brucemac; 04-22-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-22-2011, 10:34 AM Reply   
Couldn't you just run your in boats and sub off the Syn6 and use the Syn4 for the tower? channels 1-4 to your in boats and channels 5/6 to your sub.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2011, 11:05 AM Reply   
theoretically yes, but i'd be cutting the power to my inboats in half. syn 6 channels 1-4 at 4 ohm is only 60W a channel. the polk mm's are rated at 125W RMS, which is what i'm giving them currently with the syn4 (only have 2 pair). i can understand having to swap an amp, but having to swap and then add a 3rd is kind of a bummer. would have to totally rewire too, change distribution blocks, etc. bummer.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-22-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
bruce, run the polks on the SYN-6 chs 1-4 and bridge the SYN-4 on the REV 10's! Once you have the REV 10's with 400 watts to each playing, you will not care much about the in boats anymore!. The SYN-6 chs 1-4 is good power and will be fine for those.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-22-2011, 11:25 AM Reply   
really? they're pretty power hungry. nothing like the old momo's or db series. they sound that good huh? i'm pretty interested in replacing my 80's with the new 10.
Old     (Matt)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2011, 4:48 AM Reply   
Tim,
I'm about a week from finishing my system round 2, lucky for me im still building my amp rack... Can you send me an e-mail or call me, I want to pre order some REV 10s... I'm assuming they would fit next to the 485s...

Would a MHD600/4 be enough to power them? I currently have a MHD750/1 powering the 485s & dont want either to be drowned out...

Last edited by Matt; 04-23-2011 at 4:53 AM.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-23-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
Matt,

I will have Justin or Omar get with you on the pre order. The 600/4 in 2 ch mode is a good 300x2 so you should be set for power. They will fit right next to the 485 and create a insane 3-Some! (since the REV 10 is the same size as the PRO 80 you will be able to fit them anywhere an 80 would go)

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       04-25-2011, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Matt,

I will have Justin or Omar get with you on the pre order. The 600/4 in 2 ch mode is a good 300x2 so you should be set for power. They will fit right next to the 485 and create a insane 3-Some! (since the REV 10 is the same size as the PRO 80 you will be able to fit them anywhere an 80 would go)

Tim
Wet Sounds
Tim, so does this mean the 485's will be coming with the Rev 10's before long?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-25-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Jason,

My lips are sealed

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       04-25-2011, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jason,

My lips are sealed

Tim
Wet Sounds
You're a bigger tease than my old HS girlfriend!
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-27-2011, 5:14 AM Reply   
Tim, is there anyway for us guys with original Pro80's to take advantage of the new revisions. Since the housings have remained the same would it be possible to swap out just internals keeping our existing housings and clamps? or to some how just incorporate your new sound filtering?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-27-2011, 5:47 AM Reply   
Ryan,

Sorry but there are no plans to offer a way to change the PRO series to a REV series in the near future. The only thing they share is the back end of the housing. That's it. So it would need new front baffle, new grille, new driver, new internal support structure, new crossover so there is just no way to do it and save any costs since that is just one part to be able to re use.

Also, the Rev Tec we are doing with the new speakers is designed as a whole so cannot be added to the old products. The Rev's have a new driver from the ground up with new cone material, new surround material, new motor structure, new compression drivers, new crossover. All parts have been designed and tuned to work as one in the housings.

Sorry, wish there was an easy way to do it.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-27-2011, 6:49 AM Reply   
I currently have a pair of Pro 60s on my boat. The Titan Tower just can't handle much more without getting crowded. I'd love to compare these new Rev 8s against what I have now. The 60s can be a bit harsh and need more mid-bass for sure. Current amp is a Polk 500.4 that is bridged into 2 channel mode. The power is 250 watts x 2 at 4 ohms I believe. Should be enough to handle the new Rev 8s.

Last edited by aarond0083; 04-27-2011 at 6:57 AM.
Old     (liquiddiet)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-27-2011, 6:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Tim, i was worth a shot, I'm very curious to see how the new speakers are able to reduce the piercing highs we can get on our pro80's
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-27-2011, 7:58 AM Reply   
Tim, I'm speaking with Tony Finn this afternoon to determine our course of action regarding your choice of the "Rev" product name...

Haha, kidding! We at Tantrum Designs chose the Rev name for our speakers back in 2003 and it has become our best selling speaker since then, with over 2500 pairs sold worldwide. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and we enjoy the irony that this is a near field speaker which has been our focus from day one. All in jest guys. I think the new speakers look great and can't wait to hear them. Good job!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2011, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hi Joe, Hope all is well. I was reading your post and going huh? HaHa. I took a look and now I see where you have one called “The Rev”. However, our new speakers are called “Revolution” Rev 8 and Rev 10 are just abbreviations for Revolution 8 and Revolution 10 etc...

aaron, that amp and power will be just perfect for the Revolution 8! 200 watts is min and 250 is good. they will take more power that that but i think you will be blown away on the output and sound.

Ryan,

what I am calling our "Revolution Technology" is a combination of a lot of different things with these speakers all working together to create a balance of sound without the extreme highs. with the new motor structure on the mid bass combined with a new cone material and new surround we were able to get a more efficient mid bass driver that balances with the compression driver. Also one that rolls off higher on the upper end so the blend between mid bass and highs is seamless and not a huge gap. This also allows the compression driver to not have to work as hard. Combining that with a new compression driver we built that has a different motor structure and magnet structure so it is smoother all the way around. And then our unique crossover that is designed to attenuate certain frequencies that remove that “ear piercing" or “harsh” sound associated with all HLCD’s. So all of this together is what creates the sound.

What is normally done to remove that harsh sound is adding resistance. So on the crossover you will see more resistors to dampen the HLCD. And sometimes you will see selectable crossovers that have switches or jumpers. These switch over to usually -3Db down but adding another resistor in the mix. Unfortunately what this does is just takes the spl down by 3 dB. It does not change the sound of the driver, just lowers the output. Which defeats the purpose of having a HLCD in the first place. I have heard some HLCD on the market that are all horn with no midbass. So they sound shrill and ear piercing. Then I have heard some that have such a heavily dampened compression driver, they are smoother on the upper end so they have the perception of more mid bass but it is because they don’t have any highs which defeats the purpose of having a HLCD in the first place.

So my goals for this speaker since day one was to create the perfect balance of sound quality and output. I personally don’t think you need to mix and match things to get good up close sound quality and distance. I don’t think you have to choose one or the other, near field or wake range. I wanted both.

I have our photographer taking pics right now of them so I will get some pics up soon. And we have some rep samples hitting the streets soon so you will hear so real feedback and not just be rambling on about tech!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-28-2011, 8:45 AM Reply   
Just back ordered two pair of REV10's / Two Syn 4's and a 420 for a customer's LSV - gonna be rockin! I can't wait to hear them.

I just gotta find a buyer for my HP770's so I can get em on my boat too!
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-28-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
Thanks TQ. You are going to LOVE them. That is going to ROCK!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-28-2011, 5:08 PM Reply   
Pre-ordered my Rev 8's earlier this week..cant wait..Tim get your azz off this website and get those speakers shipping. These MB Quartz are not getting it done! I want my Revolution!!!!!
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-28-2011, 6:29 PM Reply   
So where does this leave the Pro485 crowd?? I have a buyer for my 485's right now but I don't want to do anything with out knowing the facts. If there is a Verison 2 for the 485's will they still be the king of the tower speaker??
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
Tim, what the the differences between the TC2 and TC3 clamps?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-29-2011, 11:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Kevin. They are right around the corner so couple more weeks is all! I'm workin on it

Zach, the Pro series including the PRO 485 are not going anywhere. I have a lot in the works but the REV 8 and REV 10 are the two that will be shipping soon.

Aaron, the TC3 is a patent pending design that is really cool. I will be adding more info and pics on that soon. The fixed clamp is also 100% new design as well with the Fixed clamp and TC3 swivel quick disconnect clamp sharing the same family look so you could do one set fixed and one set swivel and they will look great on the tower together.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-29-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
I can't wait to hear them Tim. I am glad everyone (major speaker brands) are going with bigger speakers. My buddy designs speakers for home theaters and concerts and he says bigger is always better
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
REV-8s sound INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! We just compared them to the Pro80s on our display and all I can say is WOW. Wet Sounds has made the best even greater. I will start a new thread with the full details later.

Name:  DSCN7793.jpg
Views: 3783
Size:  70.8 KB
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2011, 8:22 PM Reply   
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Ben your killing me!!!!!! I want my revoltuion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanx for the update cant wait!!
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-02-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
Ben- Thanks for taking the time to set up the Rev's today. They really are a marked improvement in sound and appearance. That new three dimensional grill is awesome and the fit and finish is beyond reproach. With a little luck we may see the rev 10's by the end of our travels.

Scott
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2011, 7:26 AM Reply   
when will the rev 10's be available, and will the speaker hook up be the same like on the pro 80's?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-03-2011, 11:31 AM Reply   
Brendan, the rev 8 will be a few weeks with the rev 10 hopefully by the end of may.

The new rev speakers have the wire built into the center of the clamps on both the fixed and swivel so they do not have a connector out the back. But we could always build them for you with the connector in the back if you would prefer that instead of drilling a new hole. However I would opt for them with the internal wire

But we can always try to acomodate.

Ben! Awesome pics!

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2011, 11:57 AM Reply   
oh wow, that be cool, cause then I could just swap them in.. Versus having to drill more holes in the tower. and run wire to the new holes.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-04-2011, 12:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Brendan, the rev 8 will be a few weeks with the rev 10 hopefully by the end of may.

The new rev speakers have the wire built into the center of the clamps on both the fixed and swivel so they do not have a connector out the back. But we could always build them for you with the connector in the back if you would prefer that instead of drilling a new hole. However I would opt for them with the internal wire

But we can always try to acomodate.

Ben! Awesome pics!

Tim
Wet Sounds
hey tim will there be mounts for malibus g3 and illusion tower?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-04-2011, 9:47 AM Reply   
Nic,

Yes, you can mount them to g3 or illusion as well as all others towers. Tige alpha z tower, Mastercraft tower with factory disc mount, etc

The REV 8 uses the back housing from the PRO 60 and the REV 10 uses the back part of the housing from the PRO 80. So all the same mounting holes,

We have the REV 8 X and REV 10 X so those will direct bolt right to the illusion tower. Dual REV 8 X bolt right to factory spots like PRO 60x did. And REV 10 X to fit two pairs would be one pair of REV 10 X in the factory top and the bottom would need our DXT adapter for the bottom one just like the PRO 80's.

On the G3 we have the new G3 side mount flush adapters that fit both dual 60x or dual 80x or any combo so dual REV 8X and dual REV 10x or combo of each.

We will also have a single mount flush side adapter for the G3 in a few weeks so you can mount on pair of any.

Also, we have a new MAstercraft adapter coming soon that will let you bolt an x version to it so it won't have to be a MC version, just a x version with the MC adapter part.

Tige alpha z would be any version x and any size direct to the tower

Centurion gladiator tower, we have a version for those as well that you can bolt two pairs of any version. So dual 60, dual 80, dual rev8 dual rev 10 and combos etc

Also, if you order the swivel clamp versions of the new REV speakers, you can remove the base plate from the clamp and bolt it right to an x tower or Tige tower or G3 adapter or MAstercraft adapter and then have a swivel and quick disconnect speaker of the cast towers

So we give you two options of mounting for the cast towers, fixed direct mount in x versions and swivel quick disconnect version.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-04-2011, 9:47 PM Reply   
thanks so much Tim!

this sounds like an awesome speaker and cant wait to get them on my new boat when it arrives!

these speakers are obviously going to be more expensive than the pro 80s right?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-05-2011, 12:10 PM Reply   
Here is the pricing from one of Tim's earlier posts in this thread.

REV 8 (x mount or fixed pipe clamp mount) $999 pair
REV 8 (TC3 swivel, quick disconnect clamp) $1099 pair
REV 10 (x mount or fixed pipe clamp mount) $1149 pair
REV 10 (TC3 swivel, quick disconnect clamp) $1249 pair.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-06-2011, 4:01 AM Reply   
thanks for that! saw it a bit after i posted my reply, tried to edit but was too late!

all in all so pumped for these new speakers!!!!!!!!!
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-06-2011, 12:47 PM Reply   
So for the Centurion Evolution Tower can you only get the fixed mounts for the Rev 8's (two pair) or can you get the quick release mounts? Thanks.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-06-2011, 1:05 PM Reply   
packrat,

the older evolution tower bottom mounts are the exact same as the illusion. so any of the versions fixed or swivel will bolt right there. the top mount had a different hole pattern. i think that is the same hole pattern as the new gladiator tower. which we have fixed versions for now and will also have a swivel option too. so pretty sure we will be able to it

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-08-2011, 3:15 PM Reply   
So Tim I will be getting my phone call this week letting me know my rev 8s on are the way!!! Right.....I hope .....please!!!!!!!!!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-11-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Ok the hype is all over the net....so whats the deal? We getting the speakers or what?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-12-2011, 6:59 AM Reply   
So Tim today is May 12th! Are the Rev 8s shipping today? Will we see them in our local shops by early next week? Do you have a ship date for the Rev 10s yet?
Old     (WetSounds2)      Join Date: May 2010       05-12-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Ben,
I wanted to tell you thank you for the great review on the REV 8's.

The REV 8's should be shipping soon, if customs would stop holding up shipments.... With that said the REV 8's should begin shipping late next week. Tim is currently at our factory finalizing the REV 10's, they should be released in the middle of June.

I'm still waiting to hear your review on the listening party we did with the REV 10's. I know you sold several pairs while I was there on Friday morning.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-01-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quick update.

REV 8 are now shipping! Anyone who has them, please hit me up with some pics. Need to get our gallery loaded up and facebook page too.

I have already seen some 6 packs of REV 8's and another with 8 REV 8's on the tower. WOW!.

The REV 10 are due to ship on June 22nd. So couple weeks we are there.

Tim
Wet Sounds