Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Industry Jobs

Old     (soulrider)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-06-2013, 10:57 PM Reply   
I have been wakeboarding for 13 years and have always dreamed of going pro and then find a job or career in the industry where I can stay on the water and around wakeboarding for ever. I'm realizing I won't be able to make it to the pro level so I'm trying to come up with other ways to stay near wakeboarding for ever and make it my job somehow. Anyone have any ideas or maybe the career you have might be what I'm looking for? I'm really good at photos and video editing and have thought about trying to do something with pictures or videos for wakeboarding but that's a pretty hard area to get into I think. I would love to be outside, preferably on the water and most of all near a wakeboard. I wish there was a site with just a list of careers involving wakeboarding that I could look through but I haven't found such a thing.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-07-2013, 4:17 AM Reply   
You could be a wakeboard coach.Also a wake boat salesman.
Old     (soulrider)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-07-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
I have thought about doing something along the lines of a coach/instructor but I haven't looked into it too deep and I'm not sure if that could be something that I could make a living on forever. I have also thought about doing something with the boats. selling or maybe get into helping design but that would be more along the lines of inside computer work and I'm trying to keep that towards my last options.
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-08-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
Justin: From a business standpoint, wakeboarding is a really, really small niche industry, and that makes it more of a challenge to build a career or make any real money there. Picking something like photography that lets you dip into the industry occasionally, but gives you skills that you can use across other sports and other industries might be a good compromise. One of the best suggestions I can give is to go to Surf Expo. Even though the industry is small, there are a ton of players at Surf Expo that are making money either in the industry or dipping into the industry. Walk around and ask yourself which of the vendors most interest you. Your local boat dealer or equipment shop may be able to get you into surf expo, or if not, try going online to see if you can get a vendors list of who was there last year. Good luck. Rob
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-08-2013, 7:20 AM Reply   
start a cable park
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       01-10-2013, 7:15 PM Reply   
if you have a little $$$ You could be an Owner of a Wakeboard Company ,don't take much ,Call me Moose ,I have a whole Factory in storage
Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Actually there is a job board strictly for the action sports industry and lifestyle brands
http://www.malakye.com/asp/front/default.asp

Not a whole lot of wake but every now and then. But all the big brands list job openings from retail sales to team managers. Including Spy,Fox, Billabong, VonZipper, QuikSilver and more