Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (JustinH13)      Join Date: Jul 2012 Location: Greenville, SC       09-07-2019, 4:41 AM Reply   
My current boat cover is on it's last leg. I bought it from Nautique Parts roughly 5 years ago for maybe $550ish and my boat sits in the water with the cover on pretty much the entire summer here in South Carolina so it gets cooked pretty good.

So, I've been looking for a boat cover for my 2000 SAN but haven't found much within my budget (maybe I need to spend more!) Anyway, I'd prefer something around $400ish or less that fits my boat - wraps around tower AND swim platform. I realize this is not going to last much past 5 years given what I wrote above, and probably not even that long.

I spoke with Westland and it seems that the one that is listed on there website for a 2000-2001 SAN, which is for $429, won't fit my boat based on what the sales rep told me on the phone. She pointed me to a different cover but the description for that cover says nothing that comes close to matching my boat. So she must not know what she is talking about.

Anyway, thoughts/recommendations? Other places I should look?
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       09-07-2019, 12:12 PM Reply   
I had a two piece snap cover made for $700. I also have a cover with skirts from skiboatcovers.com that is pretty nice but has a little slack in it that the snap cover doesn't. Either talk to a local canvas or upholstery shop that does boat covers, or order from skiboatcovers. For a $400 or less cover just get a thick tarp from Harbor Freight and roll with it. I've done that too any they last a few years. Trim and pop some new grommets through it for a better fit.