Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Deeznutz)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-21-2011, 5:31 PM Reply   
I have an older boat with white vinyl seating and would like to know how to care for it after each use and during storage for winter? What product do I use? What brand?
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-21-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
aerospace 303. great protectant. i usually clean the seats twice a year and put it on after each time. its lasts for several outtings.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
Boat Bling VINYL Conditioner.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       09-21-2011, 9:08 PM Reply   
+1 on the boat bling conditioner, maybe not after every use, but definitely the boat bling
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-21-2011, 9:17 PM Reply   
I switched from 303 to boat glints vinyl and conitioner sauce. Very impressed. I can feel the difference in the vinyl
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-21-2011, 9:44 PM Reply   
+1,for Boat Bling and use white 3M pads for tough spots

Last edited by val_cal; 09-21-2011 at 9:50 PM. Reason: ..
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-21-2011, 10:54 PM Reply   
Glad you are taking the protection of your Vinyl seriously! Too many boat owners spend hours cleaning their interiors without thinking twice about moisturizing and protecting it ultimately shortening its life. With regard to Boat Bling's Condition Sauce we recommend it be used every 3-4 cleanings or after chemicals are used to remove tough stains or scuffs, and prior to long periods of storage. 1 quart usually lasts most customers a full season.

Give me a shout if I can help with any questions!

Zack@Boatbling.net
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-22-2011, 3:48 PM Reply   
I like the Babes products!
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       09-22-2011, 6:50 PM Reply   
for those that have used 303, you really feel boat bling is better? how so?
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-22-2011, 6:59 PM Reply   
I ditched the 303 for babes seat saver due to the fact 303 gets so smileys n slippery when wet. Also found the babe's to not collect as much dust on roadtrips
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-22-2011, 9:14 PM Reply   
I have used babes then malco and now Boat Bling and I think Boat Bling is better for the interior. I still use babes on when I come off the water to clean off the funk line from the Delta but that's only because I bought a gallon in the beginning of the year. But for cleaning and waxing the gel coat I use Boat Bling.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2011, 11:56 PM Reply   
Year after year these opinions change. Babes seems to be a constant recommendation though. What ever happened to Exquisite? I had that stuff and loved it.
Old     (tx_foilhead)      Join Date: Apr 2009       09-23-2011, 9:43 AM Reply   
I've been playing with some new stuff that I got from a friend called Wipe Out from Hula Boat Care. So far it cleans almost as good as Exquisite and conditions as well. I've been doing the Exquisite 2 times a year followed by Babes Seat Saver then touching up things with Babes Seat Soap. 900hrs on the original interior and the only problems are some of the thead is giving up, that's my fault though, I got carried away with a stiff brush and the Exquisite. I'll probably put the Wipe Out into the regular weekly cleaning, and stick with the Exquisite for the big detail sessions.

Don't know if the Hula Boat Care products are making it out of Austin yet other than mail order. We met the guy at the boat show last winter and he was just starting out. They've got a gelcoat sealant that I'm testing against the Colonite Fleetwax, both are holding up fine after 6 weeks so too early to tell.