Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-06-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
Has anyone tried this? My boat often needs to be filled very slowly to avoid gas coming out the fill hole, so this looks awesome to me - even for the $80 it costs. I plan on getting one for next year:

http://www.scandvik.com/index.cfm/me...07/ID/1058.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eOLSqYhqc0
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-06-2015, 2:52 PM Reply   
Mine is a really slow fill but the filler is on the side and I'm not sure how well it would work there. It seems like a great idea with wakes and waves affecting so much at most fill stations I use. iboats has it for $70
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-06-2016, 11:30 AM Reply   
I just got it ($64 shipped from iboats.com). But I need advice!

The 1-sheet documentation included says not to store it in a plastic bag (to allow gas evaporation), and to store it above deck for safety. I had thought a bit about the danger of the gas fumes, but wasn't sure what the solution would be.

I need to store the device on my boat. The boat is kept at a marina, so it's never gassed up at an on-road gas station. I don't want to store it in my car trunk for a few reasons, including that I sometimes get gas at other locations on the water, rather than at the marina.

I'm thinking now of storing it in a tupperware-type container under one of the bow seats. I don't know what alternative there would be - it's of course not going to be just sitting out in the open. Should I be concerned about sparks from speaker connections igniting the fumes?

If there's no good storage place on the boat, I'll probably try to return it. Argh.
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-06-2016, 6:28 PM Reply   
Just throw it in the glove box or keep it on the floor on an old towel
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-06-2016, 7:12 PM Reply   
If you boat fills slow, backs-up, bubbles over, etc and you boat has a fill on both sides, open the other cap while you fill. A lot of times it is the ventilation.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-06-2016, 10:19 PM Reply   
I've only got one fill port on the boat. It probably is a ventilation issue due to a bad design, and it happens more the hotter it is.
Old     (johndk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-06-2016, 10:54 PM Reply   
It's too big for a glove box.

There's no good place on the floor out in the open for it. Would it be safe on a towel under a bow cushion (wondering about the gas vapors with the bow speakers nearby).
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-07-2016, 6:15 AM Reply   
I would just keep it out for the 10 or 15 minutes for the gas to evaporate off of it, then store it wherever is most convenient.