Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-11-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
What knee brace are you guys wearing and why?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-11-2013, 6:57 AM Reply   
custom CTIs,. two hyper-extensions, preventive maintenance. Highly recommend them if you can afford them. Run about 1100 each unless you can get insurance to spring for them. And that 1100 was 3 years ago. Good luck with you knee issues.
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-11-2013, 9:23 AM Reply   
Can these be worn in the water?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-11-2013, 9:33 AM Reply   
yes but of course
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-11-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
I wonder how I would get my insurance to pay for it?
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-11-2013, 10:53 AM Reply   
Why are you looking to wear braces?

After ACL reconstruction I was prescribed a brace by my physician. For most insurance companies to cover the cost up to what your policy covers will require a prescription from your physician.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-11-2013, 10:57 AM Reply   
CTI's are really the only choice as far as I'm concerned. They are extremely comfortable, they don't slide down your leg when you're riding, and their customer service is second to none. Getting a prescription will be the best way to get them, unless you want to shell out the coin for them. I highly recommend the Vapor Custom. They're just plain awesome!

Chive On
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-11-2013, 11:03 AM Reply   
Acl and tibia fracture18 yrs ago,ruptured bursa 1 year ago and i think a pcl tear ladt night.mri tomorrow.I still want to ski,board,run,and play.knee braces might be a good idea.ac seperation and slap tear in shoulder 4 months ago.Now my knee again. Freakin kiddin me.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-11-2013, 11:13 AM Reply   
CTI Custom as well here. Had it 2 years. Torn Meniscus twice. Surgery once. Got the brace, ride with it every time, knee feels like its to 100 percent again. Cost 2500, insurance paid all but 250. Doctor wrote prescription and place I went to was super cool and let me use an off the shelf till mine came in.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-11-2013, 1:25 PM Reply   
Cti knee brace owner here and I swear by them. I use the vapor for wake and the pro sport custom for hockey and rock climbing. Get the ams straps for water use and you should be rock solid. To get them i believe you generally need a prescription by your doctor. Insurance will cover some or all f the cost depending on your coverage. My insurance covered the bulk of mine under their durable equipment coverage.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-11-2013, 10:22 PM Reply   
I am using the pod mx braces. If you can't get custom cti braces the pod braces are top shelf. When I met harf before he got hooked up with cti he was wearing them and loving them so I tried them and have been stoked on them.
Old     (southcoaststeve)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-12-2013, 3:21 AM Reply   
I use the Asterisk Cyto Cell, really good brace at a reasonable price. sizes are a little odd so I recommend trying them on before buying.