Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2012, 1:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf1985 View Post
I love how everyone here is an engineer. I'm sure the design has a purpose greater than "it looks good" or "it looks bad" or "whats the purpose of that". Correct me if I'm wrong but only correct me IF YOU ARE A REAL ENGINEER THAT DESIGNS BOATS.
I think your forgetting who the engineers design the boats for, if the consumer can't see the value, what's the point?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2012, 1:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
I love how everyone here is an engineer. I'm sure the design has a purpose greater than "it looks good" or "it looks bad" or "whats the purpose of that". Correct me if I'm wrong but only correct me IF YOU ARE A REAL ENGINEER THAT DESIGNS BOATS.
I think your forgetting who the engineers design the boats for, if the consumer can't see the value, what's the point?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2012, 5:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
The engineers design the boats for the manufacturer, the manufacturer is supposed to meet or exceed the consumers product requirements/wants/needs. An engineer isn't doing market research or gathering data on what to build next.

The 22' boat is on the fence in terms of my thoughts on it. A lot of the positives and negatives have already been stated so I won't rehash. But the major complaint I would have with their "design" is they just copied Malibu's MXZ. The transom steps remind me of jet boats, they've all had those for years. I'd really have to see it in person before making full judgement.

I'll have my 21v for years so I won't be getting a new boat any time soon, just can't see paying 80k+ for a boat and making that payment. I am a supra owner and a fan of SC. I'd really like to see one of these in person in the future, maybe my opinions will change.

Snap in carpet is a huge win. Is that also in the lockers? That's the major problem I have with my current boat. Carpeting lockers with pnp bags is just stupid. The move to all electronics and the vision system scares me just like it does with cars/trucks because this stuff will be expensive to repair/replace.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-24-2012, 5:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
-I really like the trim tab switch and speed switch on the steering column. I think that is awesome that you will be able to make small adjustments in both trim and speed without removing your hands from the wheel. Next I want to see the trim tab have some sort of automatic setting that lowers it once idling and keeps it lowered till the PP engages. Then it would go to whatever the rider preset is.

The automatic plate adjustment has been on the Supra's since 07 or 08. My plate goes all the way down to get you on plane then adjusts to rider setting in PP. I have gotten very spoiled by this to the point when I am driving any other boat I always forget the adjust once on plane.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-24-2012, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
The automatic plate adjustment has been on the Supra's since 07 or 08. My plate goes all the way down to get you on plane then adjusts to rider setting in PP. I have gotten very spoiled by this to the point when I am driving any other boat I always forget the adjust once on plane.
I wish other boats did this. I rarely use my plate when wakeboarding simply because it is too much trouble to move the plate each time.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2012, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyBunch View Post
Really? That is awesome. I can't believe other's don't do this. This makes me love this boat and what Supra/Moomba are doing even more.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2012, 7:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Really? That is awesome. I can't believe other's don't do this. This makes me love this boat and what Supra/Moomba are doing even more.
Ya this has been part of the 'supra ride system' since 2007.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
I was able to drive both the SA450 & SA550 Worlds yesterday and was really impressed. My favorite thing about the boats was the tuned exhaust. What an awesome sound! I can best compare it to my friend's Lambo Diablo. The boats tracked incredibly well and sat very level, even in tight turns, weighted with ballast and going far to fast.

Surprisingly, while the boat looks to ride really low in the water when idling in, I didn't get it wet when crashing over/thru rollers. I'm sure that one could soak the bow, but it wasn't as easy to do as I thought it would be.

The boat is laid out great. Only a few things that I didn't like. The boats didn't have biminis installed so I burned my nugget. Hoping I can pass it off at work that it was from Sunday. I don't like windshield mounted mirrors. Its a very nice unit, well built, etc. but I didn't like the one on my friends 247 or the one on my Mojo either.

I think some will feel the rear sun pads are too small. They won't be a place for layng out and catching rays, but there are cup holders beside those rear seats, so maybe that would be a good spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-24-2012, 7:27 AM Reply   
From the pictures the lockers look small. Is there enough room to get boards in them like my current Supra?
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
They are big, but the angle might not allow you to get them in there, but that is what the Z5 is for.

Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
I'm a big fan of Ray and the guys at Z5, if you didn't get that from my post.

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-24-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
I believe the engineer's number one priority is functionality, while trying to make it appealing to the consumers at the same time. Any engineer that chooses consumer appeal over functionality should be fired and move on to interior design, clothing design or something along those lines where performance doesn't matter.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-24-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
They are big, but the angle might not allow you to get them in there, but that is what the Z5 is for.

Yeah I have a Z5 on my current boat, but it is real convenient at the end of the day to be able to throw 2 142's, a 136, a 134, and a 118 into the lockers and one in the passagers compartment before I ever hit the ramp. Nice not having to transfer boards to the truck for the drive home. Not that it would stop me from changing my mind on buying something else.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
My Dad is an engineer.

My buddy is too, but on a train.

Would either of their opinions work?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2012, 9:37 AM Reply   
Drew do the lockers have the snap on carpets? What's in them, no pics of the lockers and such?
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       07-24-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
Drew do the lockers have the snap on carpets? What's in them, no pics of the lockers and such?
They are lined with rubber.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Correct, they have the same rubber type floor as the other SC boats. Love how easy it makes drying out the boat before covering her back up.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-24-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
My Dad is an engineer.

My buddy is too, but on a train.

Would either of their opinions work?
If they have a complete understanding about boat design then I would love to hear them out.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
What if they stay at a Holiday Inn?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
I believe the engineer's number one priority is functionality, while trying to make it appealing to the consumers at the same time. Any engineer that chooses consumer appeal over functionality should be fired and move on to interior design, clothing design or something along those lines where performance doesn't matter.
What has that got to do with only engineers judging engineers work? Engineering has moved on since the 60s. Fyi, i am an engineer.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
But, are you a boat engineer and/or have you recently stayed at a Holiday Inn?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-24-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
Lol
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-24-2012, 3:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
What has that got to do with only engineers judging engineers work? Engineering has moved on since the 60s. Fyi, i am an engineer.

I'm not even going to keep this one going. I was only saying that I'm tired of people hating on designs when they dont even know if they serve a purpose or not. Apparently most people on here think they know better than the people who designed the boat.

But then again this is wakeworld so I'm not suprised. Now all this thread needs is a politician or bible thumper to come turn this into a legal/religious debate.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-24-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
http://youtu.be/inmMl6mRqZA

Here's a quick promo, but you can see some wake and wave shots as well as a lot of the features of the boat.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-24-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
Movie doesn't load
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2012, 6:56 PM Reply   
isn't available on mobile. bleh...that's pretty much the only way i access forums anymore...

Justin
2008 Supra 21V
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-24-2012, 7:20 PM Reply   
boat looks killer
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-24-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
Love it. Looks great, functional, high end, plush, great wake, etc.

Was the wakeboard wake with the stock underfloor plus triple plug and play? 2200 pounds? If so it looked fantastic. It didnt' look like the boat was listed a ton for surfing. I would love to see what it does loaded out completely for surfing and wakeboarding. Maybe a 1100 pound sack in the rear corner plus a 500 or so under the surf side seat. Likewise I would love to see the wakeboard wake with something like 750 pound sacks in the rear, IBS plus 750-1000 extra in the bow. That would be somewhere around 4000 pounds of ballast.

In my opinion this is a pretty significant upgrade over what Supra has had in the past.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-24-2012, 8:40 PM Reply   
Lots of room in the main cabin. I like it! Does it come with Surfgate?
Old    TN22            07-26-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
Found a new video of the interior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqXDG...ure=youtu.be&a
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-26-2012, 8:14 AM Reply   
Wow, just love it. Seems very well thought out with the prefect combination of progressive and classic. This boat is going to kill it and usher in a new era for Supra I think. I am really thinking they will ditch the current 21V, 22V and 242 hulls at some point and go with a similar running surface as this SA. My guess is they will make a few different lengths and bow options.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-26-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Spoke to my dealer about the test drive and he said they kept adding weight and the wake was still pretty clean. Can't wait to see it in action in a few weeks
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-26-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
Love it!! will look better when its in my driveway!
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
Wow. Like most of you, I love it!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-26-2012, 3:33 PM Reply   
I think one of the best things from that video is how quiet it is under acceleration. Hopefully it is true to the video. You really don't know until you see for yourself.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-26-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpass1 View Post
I think one of the best things from that video is how quiet it is under acceleration. Hopefully it is true to the video. You really don't know until you see for yourself.
Did you notice how friggen fast it jumped up on plane and how fast it got to 40 mph. I know it was probably with no ballast and it should jump out of the hole with 550hp but damn.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-26-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN22 View Post
Great video, the more I see of this boat the more I like it. Though I do still have a few things that I do not like.

1. Why did they carpet the fiberglass area under the seats?
2. I'm not a fan of analog gauges. I love my 2008 21v gauges, but hey I could get used to it.
3. I like the wind guard, but does it slide into the left or right sort of like a pocket door? Or do you have to remove it when not in use?
4. Does that seat fully swivel? Mine is a pita to swivel and it bumps up against my back seat and I don't have much room but I absolutely love my buddies captains chair in his VLX.
5. No built in cooler: AWESOME! I put flip flops in mine currently. Waste of space IMO. Soft side addition is cool. Where's the battery located? I like the observers seat flips up rather than pulls out like mine.
6. The transom is growing on me.

I really want to see one of these in person! The MXZ design is growing on me too.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-26-2012, 6:21 PM Reply   
Does Roswell make the tower racks too?
Old    TN22            07-26-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
Saw this posted on Twitter....looks like Josh Sanders is going big behind it. Wake looks massive
Attached Images

Last edited by TN22; 07-26-2012 at 8:22 PM.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-26-2012, 9:42 PM Reply   
Interior looks nice and what others have said, well thought out. The real question is if Tyler is going to order one. That is the ?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-26-2012, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
Great video, the more I see of this boat the more I like it. Though I do still have a few things that I do not like.

1. Why did they carpet the fiberglass area under the seats?
2. I'm not a fan of analog gauges. I love my 2008 21v gauges, but hey I could get used to it.
3. I like the wind guard, but does it slide into the left or right sort of like a pocket door? Or do you have to remove it when not in use?
4. Does that seat fully swivel? Mine is a pita to swivel and it bumps up against my back seat and I don't have much room but I absolutely love my buddies captains chair in his VLX.
5. No built in cooler: AWESOME! I put flip flops in mine currently. Waste of space IMO. Soft side addition is cool. Where's the battery located? I like the observers seat flips up rather than pulls out like mine.
6. The transom is growing on me.

I really want to see one of these in person! The MXZ design is growing on me too.
The windguard appears to be exactly like the Malibu, you need to remove it, place it in a cover and stow it away. On my VLX it is stored on the inside ski locker wall, tucks away nicely. I like the carpet on the fiberglass seat basins, I think it adds some plushness to the interior. I hope they did not carpet the ski lockers, and went with wet tek flooring in all ski lockers/storage areas for easy drying and no mildew problems.

Would have been nice to have a quad ballast system, 900 lbs is really on the light side for weight, especially seeing as there is no wedge to add more weight without bags. Anyone have a layout of the ballast tanks? I am assuming there is no bow hard tank ballast with only 900 lbs of weight, just a center and two rears....that would be my guess. Or maybe the 900 lbs is still not confirmed and its actually more???

The boat is very nice, I really like the seating arrangement. The touch screen VISION dash is also a nice addition. I am sure it also has the adjustable drivers seat which is a great upgrade.

This is a great addition to the SC line-up. Would like to see the wake at slower speeds, with stock ballast. Hopefully a non-pickle version will also be released...use this hull on the 22 SSV.

Last edited by fman; 07-26-2012 at 9:58 PM.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-27-2012, 5:35 AM Reply   
Travis,

It 900 pounds of under the floor ballast and 1300 pounds of sac's plumed on top. I think I read some where it's 400s in the back and 500 in the nose.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-27-2012, 5:42 AM Reply   
I wouldn't want anymore than 900lbs in a tank. I think it's a good start Bc you know you will always have them full. Word is that the wake just gets bigger the more you add weight wise. The new hull isn't sensitive like the modified deep v that they have on their other models. I don't really understand why everyone jumps the ballast gun before they even see the boat perform. I think they took their time to make sure the wake looked good at any weight that way people who don't need 6000lbs of ballast to ride a wake still have a good factory set up that they can upgrade soft bags easily to bigger sizes. What good does 4000lbs stock ballast do if the wake curls over?
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-27-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
When we were driving the boat, it had 2200lbs (900 tank, 1300 plumbed bags) and the 550 hp motor and I'm not gonna lie, the acceleration was insane. it got up on plane faster than any boat I've been in with that much weight. We were on a fairly tight section of river and I could pull double ups with no issue and the boat spun flat with ZERO roll or cavitation. It was really strange.

We ran at about 23mph and messed with the wakeplate just to see what the wake looked like. It looked very big, very clean and bummed me out at the same time because I couldn't ride it at the time. We also slowed way down with the same weight set up (maybe 18-19mph) and the wake stayed clean. No joke.

Unless you're riding the tour, I don't think anyone on here should really even be thinking about how they can add more weight. But, for those that are, there should be some custom sacs that will be developed that will fit the back hatches soon to pump it up even more. That being said, I'm looking forward to the response from the riders at Worlds. It will be pushing pro level weight there.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-27-2012, 8:29 AM Reply   
Fman, assuming the MKZ bow ballast is the same as their other boats this is better then the malibu bow ballast. You can get a plug and play Integrated bow sack. Why do I say it is better then the Malibu bow ballast? First, when empty you still have the storage. 2nd, it isn't a hard bow tank that takes up the entire bow. 3rd, you still get a walkthrough where you have the option of having a bow fill in cushion or not. 4th, the IBS sack will actually hold more weight then the Malibu bow tank. 5th, I am not sure of the option cost for bow ballast in a malibu but it has to be at least double the cost of the supra bow ballast. Now I suppose there are some advantages to the Malibu system as well but the only one I can think of is that it actually uses it's own pump and has level senders so you know how full it is.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-31-2012, 9:00 AM Reply   
Got some new interior pics of the SA.... This is that Worlds edition that has been floating around that is Black and metal flake....

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-31-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
Sexy!!!!!
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
DADDY LIKE.
I really like the interior..
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-31-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
Tower still doesn't quite do it for me, but I think once a Z5 is on it it will help break up the transformer look. And for whatever reason thos tower speakers that nautique and now supra has been putting on those towers (the stock cans) really don't do it for me. Worlds edition is gorgeous once again though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-31-2012, 9:36 AM Reply   
Diggs, any idea if you can get the boat with the Sbend tower. I think it might actually look better with the sbend, 2 sets of racks, 2 or 4 tower speakers and the over the top bimini.

I really, really like the boat. It appears to be every bit as nice as the Malibu MXZ.

Can someone please explain to me why boat manufacturer's keep putting the beam wide seat(s) across the back. It is illegal to sit there while the boat is moving in any way so the only time you can use it is while the boat is just sitting. I would rather see them ditch the seats on the outside and just leave a step/seat in the middle. This would allow for bigger locker openinings, bigger and better shaped lockers and give you more sunpad to lounge on. Am I just way off base and people actually want and/or use the transom seats? Is it one of those things that sounds/looks cool when boat shopping but never actually gets used?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-31-2012, 9:39 AM Reply   
Brett
Not sure on the SBend..... I really don't know a ton about the options on it yet. I am sure we will start seeing them pop up and more information about them over the next 30-60 days.... I know there is a Z5 option and I agree. I really am anxious to see one with the Z5....
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-31-2012, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Diggs, any idea if you can get the boat with the Sbend tower. I think it might actually look better with the sbend, 2 sets of racks, 2 or 4 tower speakers and the over the top bimini.

I really, really like the boat. It appears to be every bit as nice as the Malibu MXZ.

Can someone please explain to me why boat manufacturer's keep putting the beam wide seat(s) across the back. It is illegal to sit there while the boat is moving in any way so the only time you can use it is while the boat is just sitting. I would rather see them ditch the seats on the outside and just leave a step/seat in the middle. This would allow for bigger locker openinings, bigger and better shaped lockers and give you more sunpad to lounge on. Am I just way off base and people actually want and/or use the transom seats? Is it one of those things that sounds/looks cool when boat shopping but never actually gets used?
The looks beautiful! I agree with the back seat. I would rather more of a sunpad area, but that is just my opinion.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2012, 1:13 PM Reply   
The SBend is going to come on all the other Supra's and the SA will have that tower only, from what I remember anyways.

Here's my take on the back seat. It all comes down to how you use your boat. I love my 21V because it has a HUGE sunpad in the back and the ladies like to layout back there, huge storage lockers, etc. They're great for our little lake.

But, when I go down on our annual trip to one of the big lakes in TN and spend the afternoons surfing and kicking back some cold ones, the rear facing seats definetly are cool. illegal to sit in while surfing, yes, but I've never even seen a DNR or cop out on some of those lakes.

Also, if you spend alot of time just swimming off the back , or tied up in a cove with friends, you'll find yourself sitting in them more often then laying on your sunpad. Just my $.02
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-31-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
i got to see the boat at the pwt finals in knoxville. i have never been a fan of supra at all but i will say this boat has my attention and i think that it is up there with the mxz and the x25. the interior is incredibly well thought out and very plush. not sure i am a fan of the way the hull bulges out in the front to create the pickle fork but i will give it to them for making it a little different. i also can't wait to see a Z5 on this boat, i think it will make the boat.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2012, 6:06 AM Reply   
Here's the boat in the other Worlds color scheme....All white w/ Silver Flake accents.
Attached Images

Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-10-2012, 6:32 AM Reply   
Tinted windows would really bring that tower and the boat together nicely.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2012, 6:55 AM Reply   
That is sweet.... I agree on the tinted window. Still dying to see one of these with a Z5 bimini on it....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
Damn, sexy lines for sure. Love it.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-10-2012, 7:49 AM Reply   
Between this, the z3, x30 and f24 we've seen some pretty sexy boats come out...
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-10-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
They still cant get that dang swim platform out of the water. Just give me a 5 degree angle, just want to be able to hop off the deck with my board on.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-10-2012, 9:16 AM Reply   
I am not sure that boat has a swim platform in the picture... I think they were just doing some testing on it. I might be wrong.... Also it could be weighted????
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-10-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
Wow! That's Supra's best interior to date! Very nice! Love that swim platform too! Great looking boat!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-10-2012, 9:46 AM Reply   
I have to agree with Ben, why don't they raise the platforms so they are actually out of the water, even with some ballast? I haven't been on a boat with ballast where the platform was out of the water. My X-30 and my buddies Mojo are the same.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-10-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
The boat above has no platform on it.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
OK I'm a huge fan of Supra boats, as I've had two in the past. That being said, is it just me or do the pics of the wake look average when compared to an MXZ or VLX? Considering the Shock and Awe campaign, the G23 wake looks way bigger to me.

I will have the luxury of demoing one of these boats here early next month, and am looking forward to it.
Old     (rickt)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
The boat did not have a platform. We were putting time on it for the World Wakeboard Championships next week. Didn't want to get it dirty.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       08-10-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Vinyl dashboard? Is that common? Have i just not been paying attention to anything ever?
Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-10-2012, 2:43 PM Reply   
Yep. That white one looks nice. I haven't seen the white worlds scheme in person. I have seen the black and gun metal one in person and driven it a couple of times. It really is an awesome driving, handling, responsive boat. It is not very sensitive to side to side weight changes. The LSA engine is a hole shot monster. The boat with 4000+lb of ballast and 4 bodies plus a rider was up on plane and to 23.1mph in a few seconds. On another test, we hit 48mph with modest ballast and 5 people onboard. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get to run the boat on Sunday and then ride in it while some of the team guys were training in it on Monday. Congratulations to the entire Skier's Choice team on this boat. It is awesome!

BTW, anyone looking for a 2011 Supra Launch 242 with just about all options? I think I need an SA550 so the 242 has to go!

Kevin

Last edited by Kjkimball; 08-10-2012 at 2:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-20-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
Well just bringing the thread back

Was at worlds this weekend and also got to crawl around this thing. Very well thought out. The bow area is as big as the cockpit on my og x star. It was sick

The only thing I wasn't to crazy about was how low that thing rode in the water. While I know its the Worlds and the boat is saced out to the gills .......... that nose is barely 6inches out of the water when it was weighted, but rode really bow high in the water. Also in the pic above looks really low. The nose got stuffed even by them a few times. However up on plane it looked like a Super Tanker coming at you. That thing got out of the hole in a hurry and sounded badass. The wake was crystal clean all day long. I gotta say Skiers Choice is hitting it out of the park.

The 2013 Moomba LSV is also an absolute sick boat. I think it has jumped from budget boat to flagship with the redesign. Loved everything about that boat. Between that and the Mojo Moomba should be killing the marketplace in 2013.

Anyone got the skinny on Haley Smith She took a nasty digger on her first hit and was lights out.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-20-2012 at 5:59 PM.
Old    TN22            08-21-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Looks like Supra just updated the website to include this boat. I know the colorizer is working, they may still be updating the boat builder.

Last edited by TN22; 08-21-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-21-2012, 1:19 PM Reply   
My son and nephew rode behind the SA450 and SA550 respectively at Worlds. They both said the wake was HUGE.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-21-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
I also heard that Supra signed that 9 year old Jr. Boy from Australia while at worlds. That kid is simply insane on a wakeboard.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-21-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN22 View Post
Looks like Supra just updated the website to include this boat. I know the colorizer is working, they may still be updating the boat builder.
I can't make that work? I would like too.just got my new sa550 put on paper today. Should b here in a few months! Very excited. I need to pick out interior colors yet.