Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-28-2011, 8:44 AM Reply   
I thought there was supposed to be a new star in 2012, 24ftr maybe. Anyone heard this or know anything on these rumors?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2011, 9:00 AM Reply   
I think the person complaining about the cup holder right above the screen is saying that there is a likely chance of drinks spilling right above the screen(both front side and backside) which may result in a touch screen that doesn't work. I have heard from someone that the idiots at audi put there CPU under the drink holders in the center console. I had heard someone spilled a drink and fried the computer which basically shut the car down. There are just certain things that need to be thought about before desinging. In a lot of cases engineers are brilliant but have no idea how things actually get used which makes their design a huge failure. I still think screens like that in a ski boat are stupid and I wouldn't want one.
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-28-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
There is a new software update for the 2011 BIG. It came in the most recent 2011's that we got in. The interface is a lot like the touch screen software.
That's fantastic. I will have to call my local dealer about it. Thanks!
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-30-2011, 8:15 AM Reply   
The new tower is rock solid and goes up and down with 2 fingers. Thought you guys may like to see a new boat we just moved in to the showroom this morning.
Attached Images

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-30-2011, 8:56 AM Reply   
Someone needs to Photoshop the top part going the other direction and I bet it would look better. Or just try Photoshopping the whole tower going forward.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-30-2011, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ya know at first I was kinda excited about the new fugly cuz I was thinking the swivel clamping board racks wouldnt be integrated into the tower like there other tower. So I could just buy em, get tower clamps, rig something up to put em on my tower. But after that last pic how they welded the swivel clamp rack to the tower... that dream is shot
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       08-08-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
When I looked at the pictures, I just did not get any of the new design. After sitting on a 2012 X25 with power tower an Bimini and an X15 with the manual tower all I can say is wow, I love the new dash and 2012 designs!!! You cannot judge these new boats from pictures, go look in person and you will get it!

• The dial switch's are fantastic, simple quick and easy to operate and light up when on
  • The left helm cubby cut out makes total sense and has a rubber surround inside
  • The driver cup holder is perfect and the lower dash allows even a 12oz bottle to clear the windshield - plus you still have the 2 down right of the driver seat
  • The new gauge configuration is awesome and looks very sleek
  • The tab and ballast switch's are easy to operate and very functional
  • The touch screen is very visible and useful in the new location, operation and scrolling through the menus is simple and easy to learn
  • The power tower looks hot on the X25 with the Bimini up, only regret is... It does not collapse for trailering, however you can remove the canvas pretty easily
  • The 2 point manual tower is rock solid, it does not budge a millimeter and looks way better in person - A little bird mentioned a ZFT4 version option that will be manual but a bit more swooping/sleek design in September
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       08-08-2011, 10:28 AM Reply   
The ugliest tower I have ever seen. What were they thinking.....
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-08-2011, 12:39 PM Reply   
Why swoop the tower forward? To be just like Nautique and Malibu so you can't really drive the boat with it down?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-08-2011, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattscraft View Post
When I looked at the pictures, I just did not get any of the new design. After sitting on a 2012 X25 with power tower an Bimini and an X15 with the manual tower all I can say is wow, I love the new dash and 2012 designs!!! You cannot judge these new boats from pictures, go look in person and you will get it!

• The dial switch's are fantastic, simple quick and easy to operate and light up when on
  • The left helm cubby cut out makes total sense and has a rubber surround inside
  • The driver cup holder is perfect and the lower dash allows even a 12oz bottle to clear the windshield - plus you still have the 2 down right of the driver seat
  • The new gauge configuration is awesome and looks very sleek
  • The tab and ballast switch's are easy to operate and very functional
  • The touch screen is very visible and useful in the new location, operation and scrolling through the menus is simple and easy to learn
  • The power tower looks hot on the X25 with the Bimini up, only regret is... It does not collapse for trailering, however you can remove the canvas pretty easily
  • The 2 point manual tower is rock solid, it does not budge a millimeter and looks way better in person - A little bird mentioned a ZFT4 version option that will be manual but a bit more swooping/sleek design in September
How many f'ing towers are they going to make before they find out that if you make just one that is actually good looking and functional people will buy the boat. That whole boat is gotti. That billet glove box just looks horrible. God, boats are getting terrible looking.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 12:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Wow, just wow. The only way I could ever see buying a mastercraft now is by getting one without a tower and putting on my own Samson...
The local dealer here in Portland actually builds and sells exactly what you are talking about:

Step 1: They start with a Maristar 200
  • ordered with hard ballast tanks
  • analog gauges (no BIG)
  • no MC tower
Step 2: Install custom made, forward swept Samson tower and racks
  • available in a variety of powder coats
  • it is also counter balanced so it doesn't fall when lowered, yet can be lowered with one finger.
Step 3: Price it at $60K. MC on a budget!

I'll tell you what... it looks 10x better than that ZFT2 atrocity!

http://ski-boats.com/

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 1:07 AM Reply   
Here is another one...

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-09-2011, 3:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
The local dealer here in Portland actually builds and sells exactly what you are talking about:
...wow, when dealers have to start getting creative to sell boats the company (MC) needs to take a step back and think about what they're doing...

I understand that most other companies already have a 2pt. design that MC can't "steal" or copy to closely for fear they'll be looked down on, but holy **** this thing is bad. I truely cannot believe it made it through the design stage. Its the Pontiac Aztec of the boating world....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-09-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason95gt View Post
Why swoop the tower forward? To be just like Nautique and Malibu so you can't really drive the boat with it down?
Why on earth would anybody ever want to drive the boat with the tower down?

IXFE, those maristars look so much better then the regular X2s. those simple color combos with the color matched tower look great. Can they actually sell those for 60k and still make money. If so, I like their style.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-09-2011, 6:36 AM Reply   
I showed my buddy these towers and his response was, "Wow, looks like something Overton's sold in 2002"
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-09-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why on earth would anybody ever want to drive the boat with the tower down?

IXFE, those maristars look so much better then the regular X2s. those simple color combos with the color matched tower look great. Can they actually sell those for 60k and still make money. If so, I like their style.
If you need to drive under a low bridge? I know it's not a typical use case but lake chains usually have low bridges with canals under them so that you can go lake-to-lake. I saw this a lot in Florida when I was there last weekend and I finally understood why a power tower was desirable.

Also those Sampson towers are not any better looking in my opinion.
Old     (d_rock)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-09-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
I dont understand the angle that these ugly towers swoop forward on. It doesnt flow with the lines of the windshield. Heck, even the new malibu seems off to me. The orignal illusion tower was quite a shock to me when it frist came out, but now when I see the older wakesetters, etc, the lines of the first few years of that tower really pop and fit with the overall scheme of the boat. These new mc's and especially the nautiques tower angle just look terrible. I would not drop the coin for one, even if I had it.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-09-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
Brett, around here there are a lot of bridges and channels that you have to drive through with the tower down and I know the Malibu and Nautique crew don't have fun or don't attempt to go through the channels.
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-09-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
while we are on the tower subject, does anyone have any pics of a power tower with a z5 bimini on it or a power tower with any bimini on it.

just curious to see what it looks like
Old     (ShawnB)      Join Date: Oct 2010       08-09-2011, 6:38 PM Reply   
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
...wow, when dealers have to start getting creative to sell boats the company (MC) needs to take a step back and think about what they're doing...
Totally agree. That was my thought when I first saw these "budget" MC's at the boat show last winter. I actually felt sorry for the MC dealers. They are small businesses who are finding it harder and harder to recover since the downturn that almost killed the industry. And the prices MC charges (e.g. $130K for a X35) are stupid. So they have to resort to piecing together their own boats in order to hit a price point.

This is one reason why our MC dealer picked up MB. Mastercraft simply doesn't build a boat for the consumer in the $50k range anymore, and there are more people in that price range than in the $100K range.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 9:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have no idea what dealer cost looks like on those Maristars. But I don't think they would offer them at $60K if they were no profits to be had. Look, that price is advertised right on their home page. http://ski-boats.com/
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-09-2011, 9:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_rock View Post
I dont understand the angle that these ugly towers swoop forward on. It doesnt flow with the lines of the windshield. Heck, even the new malibu seems off to me. The orignal illusion tower was quite a shock to me when it frist came out, but now when I see the older wakesetters, etc, the lines of the first few years of that tower really pop and fit with the overall scheme of the boat.
The originl Illusion tower did look sweet the way it matched the angle of the windshield. But it's fatal flaw was how low it was. I'm 5'11" and that tower hit the top of my head. So I'm guessing these new towers don't match the angle in order to get more clearance.
Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-10-2011, 6:54 AM Reply   
That Parks edition above...why in the world would they not use a black frame for the windshield? Would look 100 times better.
Old     (Texan)      Join Date: May 2011       08-10-2011, 7:56 AM Reply   
Goodness, product evolution folks.

The tower is a step above most in functionality. Just haven't quite gotten the look down. Good things will come out of its use though, has happened a hundred times along the way to creating what these boats are today. I don't think it looks good but I'm sure its a quality product and will lead to a design that is both functional and easier on the eyes. And I'm a Nautique guy, but old school and still prefer the original 210's and 4 point towers.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-10-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
No longer maristars. V-series or V-family or something.....? Or 200V
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-10-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzardmountainz View Post
That Parks edition above...why in the world would they not use a black frame for the windshield? Would look 100 times better.
Agreed. If spending that much money I would have them powder coat the window frame

sent with tapatalk.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2011, 11:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
The tower is a step above most in functionality.
So are "Crocs" shoes but you won't catch me wearing a pair.

Quote:
Good things will come out of its use though, has happened a hundred times along the way to creating what these boats are today. I don't think it looks good but I'm sure its a quality product and will lead to a design that is both functional and easier on the eyes.
That is what R & D is for... so a forum full of consumers like us are talking about how awesome it is, not how it looks like a roll-bar in a PT cruiser
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-12-2011, 5:24 AM Reply   
This is my buddies new X-25. Not a huge fan of the tower, obviously, but otherwise the boat is dirty.
Attached Images

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-12-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
Is that gray on the bottom and deck? I guess I would have to see in person or on the water.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-12-2011, 6:00 AM Reply   
anyone see MC's facebook page, a new owner posted a pic of their busted new tower
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-12-2011, 6:44 AM Reply   
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-12-2011, 9:29 AM Reply   
We just received our first 2012 x25 with the ZFT2 tower and let me tell you, it looks A LOT better in person than on pictures, very practical also and rock solid, doesn't move an inch when shaking it.
the new dash is just amazing!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-12-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
how much sicker would that x25 look with the standard MC tower - powder coated black...
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-12-2011, 9:59 AM Reply   
New MC tower, now only $12, 999.00!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-12-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
$13k is for the power tower, right?
Old     (jdhart73)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-12-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
I think its kind of humorous when dealers post here and other places with the "its not that bad, you have to see it for yourself" line.
This is an ugly tower, 9 out of 10 people think so. I love MC's, just switched from one myself. But that tower is jacked, no matter what they say... you cannot polish a turd!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-12-2011, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
New MC tower, now only $12, 999.00!
Quote:
$13k is for the power tower, right?
Are you ****ting me?! wowza.

Anyone know how the tower locks up/down - or is it all controlled by hydraulics?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-12-2011, 2:20 PM Reply   
It ain't no 'bu illusion.

Plus don't like that the rope attachment is further back than other boats. Makes the change from boat to boat slightly harder. Was really confusing at worlds trying to adapt to a new boat AND then the effect of the tower
Old     (myroad)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-12-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
I have no idea what dealer cost looks like on those Maristars. But I don't think they would offer them at $60K if they were no profits to be had. Look, that price is advertised right on their home page. http://ski-boats.com/
I'd be willing to bet that the trailer is not included in that price! That's how they advertise super low prices, at least at that dealership.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-12-2011, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by myroad View Post
I'd be willing to bet that the trailer is not included in that price! That's how they advertise super low prices, at least at that dealership.
Okay wiseguy. How much do you want to wager?
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-13-2011, 8:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Okay wiseguy. How much do you want to wager?
No response from myroad. I guess he wasn't all that willing to bet. Shocker!

The fact is that Portland Ski Boat Center advertises all boat prices with trailer included, even those stripped down MC 200V's with the Samson towers.

Still don't believe me, myroad? One phone call will solve it. 503-892-9965
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-13-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Trailer may be included in that price, but if so his margins are crap on those boats.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-13-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Margins are just fine on those boats. I can't tell you why, but they are.......
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 6:25 AM Reply   
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW THIS TOWER LOCKS INTO PLACE ?!?!?!

I know some people here are dealers, reps, own one.... does the tower itself lock up/down? or is it just the pressure from hydaulics that hold it in place?!

Can anyone answer this?

.... sorry for big and bold but I've asked a few times and gotten nothing, someone HAS to know.
Old     (spf2275)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-15-2011, 6:32 AM Reply   
Post the question on Mastercraft Team Talk and you'll get an answer.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Post the question on Mastercraft Team Talk and you'll get an answer.
Don't really want to become a member for 1 question
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-15-2011, 7:14 AM Reply   
youre talking about the zft2 or zft5?
because the 5 is only held by the hydraulics, is doesn't lock up...well from what i've seen the many times i've used the tower.
The Zft-2 is way stronger and has 2 big tower bolts that tighten it when it's all the way up or down.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 7:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
because the 5 is only held by the hydraulics, is doesn't lock up...
... so what happens if/when the hydaulics go out? does the tower fall backwards if a rider is attached?!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-15-2011, 7:39 AM Reply   
Nick, I hope I get that lawsuit... j/k, obviously!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-15-2011, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nick, I hope I get that lawsuit... j/k, obviously!
My thoughts exaclty.... I'll buy a new MC for 100k knowing that one hose "accidently" pops off causing me to get cracked on the head and caused me tons of pain and suffering.

I'm sure they had to think of some failsafe... but I haven't heard what it is... if there is no locking pin, don't know what else it could be. MC, if you're reading this maybe you could use a new engineer on your team.... PM me.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-15-2011, 5:21 PM Reply   
The MC ZFTp (power tower) uses a actuator, essentially a big screw, to raise and lower the tower. I believe one reason they did not use hydraulics (which would have been much easier) is the worry that a loss of hydraulic pressure would lead to tower failure.

Glad to hear the ZFT2 is strong. Does anyone know if you can lock it at various positions, not just full up and full down? It is voice to partially lower the tower and bimini if you get stuck out in the rain.
Old     (jason95gt)      Join Date: May 2006       08-16-2011, 3:28 PM Reply   
The ZFT5p will have hydraulic for 2012. They wanted to go this route at the beginning but the cost was a concern. If it is up and something happened it wouldn't come down. As far as the ZFT2, it is only all the way up or down. No other positions available. It is very solid and I was very pleased when I actually saw and shook one compared to what is online.
Old    Haugy            08-17-2011, 2:34 PM Reply   
Just more proof that MasterCraft is like a dog chasing a squirrel. No real precision or drive, just running around blindly hoping to get a hit.

That tower is rediculous. Keep it up MasterCraft, you just keep letting Malibu, Nautique, and Supra control that marketshare.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-17-2011, 6:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
If it is up and something happened it wouldn't come down.
How or why? Nothing against you, but I just don't buy it... I work for a company that manufacturers a LOT of hydraulic components (mostly heads/filters) .... and usually if something goes and you don't have a failsafe.... uh-oh
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-18-2011, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
How or why? Nothing against you, but I just don't buy it... I work for a company that manufacturers a LOT of hydraulic components (mostly heads/filters) .... and usually if something goes and you don't have a failsafe.... uh-oh
that is why hydraulic only steering is not approved by the DOT...no fail safe if a hose develops a leak, the system loses pressure, and you lose your steering...
Old     (ktrent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
And why lots of heavy equipment have anti drop valves on main lift cylinders so no one dies if a host blows. And beleave me do they blow at the worse times.

sent with tapatalk.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-23-2011, 2:26 PM Reply   
Some more ZFT-2 fans at my dealership. We just got one in yesterday and I can attest that it is rock solid and super easy to take up and down.

Has anyone else mentioned that MC has a new color this year too?

Lime Green
Attached Images

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-24-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
the tower is hideous and doesn't fold near flat enough. The diamond stitching and etching will look as good as malibu tribal stickers in about 5 years. The steering wheel is awful, and that lime green completes the whole awful package perfectly.

On the plus side, that video pod thingamajiggy is better than Nauty's with the analog gauges...but then again, I wouldn't need a video pod thingamajiggy.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-24-2011, 10:16 PM Reply   
I don't care if this thing massages my back after i get done riding, its so fugly i wouldn't let it on the boat even if it had two thirty packs and i needed the extra ballast. I bet it'll be on its way out by next year. If nothing else i imagine they'll adjust and bring in another design to choose from until the zft-2 recoups some of the r&d costs
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-25-2011, 8:23 AM Reply   
Why is the MasterCraft decal crooked? I'm sure its the lines of the boat that make it look off......but it's still off to the eye. The decal is placed too far forward.

I think a clean slate may be the what the doctor orders for 2013, not that anyone at MC will listen.
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-25-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
I'm sorry Alan, but that boat is just absolutely horrendous.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-25-2011, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Why is the MasterCraft decal crooked? I'm sure its the lines of the boat that make it look off......but it's still off to the eye. The decal is placed too far forward.

I think a clean slate may be the what the doctor orders for 2013, not that anyone at MC will listen.
Oh let me guess, you're another one of those MB guys.

Last edited by hunter660; 08-25-2011 at 8:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-25-2011, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm sorry Alan, but that boat is just absolutely horrendous.
+1

I just feel so bad for the dealers who are getting **** on because of how ugly these are...

Maybe MC is making everything really really really awful this year, so next year it will seem like their 2013 line is AWESOME
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2011, 9:08 AM Reply   
You guys are ruthless...

I love the way it looks, definitely one of my favorites.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
How much is that thing going to sell for? 90 to 100? what is the sticker MSRP?

Alan, did you design and order that boat? If so, I hope you like it.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-25-2011, 9:26 AM Reply   
It is starting to grow on me just a little bit. Not saying I like it, but I feel that growth starting to swirl a bit. Maybe it is just the trailer cause it does look bad ass. Maybe I need to see more black ones. That is always a sure way to win my heart.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2011, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
It is starting to grow on me just a little bit. Not saying I like it, but I feel that growth starting to swirl a bit. Maybe it is just the trailer cause it does look bad ass. Maybe I need to see more black ones. That is always a sure way to win my heart.
I actually don't mind the boat itself. If it had the Samson tower like IXFE posted or one of the other Samson towers(blade/razor I think) or even the MAstercraft tower from the last few years. I don't mind the braces they put on them and like the looks of those tower. Lime green might not be for everybody but I don't mind it.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
Brett, nope not close to 90. No I didn't design it.

Trust me, I was very nervous about the tower, notice that I have have not made a single comment in this thread until now. After setting this boat up and getting in on the water, I am now a fan and I hope it does well.
Old     (tdc_worm)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-25-2011, 9:37 AM Reply   
its funny how spun up people get. i used to care before i realized that the people buying the MAJORITY of these high end boats are not the people you see at the launch ramp (at least in TX). at the launch ramp, you see a lot more Moombas, Supras, and Tiges. As soon as you jump on the lake you see who is buying these boats....the people that own the lake front house that cost $4m. that person is somebody that makes roughly $900k per year. they could care less if a boat is $80k or $100, and likely walk into a show room and buy the boat on the spot. they dont care about the utility...they are more concerned with luxury and what neat gadgetry is included because that is how they have lived their life for the past 20 years. their lifts are littered w/ CC 230s, MC XStars, X35s, and X25s that all have tubes attached to the back.

most of the people on these boards that WANT a CC or an MC are used boat buyers, at which point, beggars cant be choosers, and lime green all the sudden doesnt look so bad when they are ready to buy....
Old     (Nova)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-25-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:

Trust me, I was very nervous about the tower, notice that I have have not made a single comment in this thread until now. After setting this boat up and getting in on the water, I am now a fan and I hope it does well.
I'm sure the boat runs and performs great, and the lime green is just a miniscule problem.
I'm just saying that tower is a super buzzkill in my eyes.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:

So, in the 75-85 range for a realistic selling price?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-25-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
Yes it is in that range with the options that it has.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-25-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
The issue is it was not long ago that the the common man could afford to buy a brand new ski/wake boat. Hell just go back about 10 years not long and see. Now if you want a new boat an inboard is not an option. Still dont think its hate saying something that may be 100k is ugly. Am I jealous I cant afford it sure. But damn that tower sucks! If you got the 80 k go with the power tower it looks alot better.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-25-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
You know its bad when someone says, "go with the Power tower it looks alot better"!!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-25-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
You know its bad when someone says, "go with the Power tower it looks alot better"!!!
No kidding.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-25-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
i know i'm in the minority, but i like it. anxious to see one in person. power tower looks way better in person than in pictures too, imo. at least on the parks i've seen. i don't think the tower looks quite right accross their entire product line, but it does look clean to me on the smaller boats.

how much higher does this thing sit than the windshield frame when folded? hard to tell from the angle of that one pic.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-25-2011, 9:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
its funny how spun up people get. i used to care before i realized that the people buying the MAJORITY of these high end boats are not the people you see at the launch ramp (at least in TX). at the launch ramp, you see a lot more Moombas, Supras, and Tiges. As soon as you jump on the lake you see who is buying these boats....the people that own the lake front house that cost $4m. that person is somebody that makes roughly $900k per year. they could care less if a boat is $80k or $100, and likely walk into a show room and buy the boat on the spot. they dont care about the utility...they are more concerned with luxury and what neat gadgetry is included because that is how they have lived their life for the past 20 years. their lifts are littered w/ CC 230s, MC XStars, X35s, and X25s that all have tubes attached to the back.

most of the people on these boards that WANT a CC or an MC are used boat buyers, at which point, beggars cant be choosers, and lime green all the sudden doesnt look so bad when they are ready to buy....
Spot on, great points. And it's easier for the dealer to sell them on some company half-made-up feature/function needs to dilute the pure ugly-ness of it.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2011, 10:35 PM Reply   
Alan,

I actually like that X-15 (minus the tower). I've always liked the X-15, and that one is sharp. I think the lime green is cool. Not sure I'd be so bold, but I dig it.

I like the dash quite a bit too. Easily the best looking screen implementation going.

The issue with the tower is one of scale. Today's Mastercrafts have such big and imposing hulls. The new tower looks feeble and wimpy. I know you say it's solid, and I believe you. But it doesn't look strong. It looks small, skiny, and out of proportion with the rest of the boat.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-25-2011, 10:36 PM Reply   
I was hating on it. Doesn't follow the lines, tall, looks strange. Somehow it is growing on me. If it shakes less than the PT, it's a 100% winner in my mind. Who cares what it looks like, tow from it, holds boards, etc. I would like to see the bimini. Not sure why MC waits to get them dialed in? Once the bimini comes out, I'll drink some more haterade....