Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-31-2010, 1:14 PM Reply   
I have seen a few videos on the web that are sections or teasers from "Impact", and they are really sick, some of the best cable footage I have probably ever seen. I looked the movie up online and its like $50!

Just wondering if anyone has seen the movie themselves and what they think of it.

Here is Lior Sofer's section on vimeo:
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-31-2010, 3:29 PM Reply   
Impact is an amazing vid!! I definitely didn't pay $50 and I wouldn't say it is worth paying THAT much. If I'm dropping $50 on a vid, it better be starring Jenna Jameson, not Lior Sofer
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-31-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
definitely one of my favourite ever wakeboarding movies - not just favourite cable movie!
unreal photography, and an awesome soundtrack. you won't regret buying it.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-31-2010, 4:21 PM Reply   
Yeah what I have seen of it has blown me away for sure! Anyone from Orlando/Tampa or Gainesville area that would let me borrow it?
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-31-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
I'll let you buy it and let me borrow it!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       01-31-2010, 11:26 PM Reply   
its worth the dollars, one of the few wake movies I never get sick of, amazing footage and production values, killer soundtrack too
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-01-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
I was at TSR when they were filming Impact. They took a few shots of me, but I doubt it made it to the video. I've only seen the trailer, but I heard it's amazing.

I think the high price may have to do with euro exchange rate
Old     (norbiv)      Join Date: May 2009       02-01-2010, 6:15 AM Reply   
Ive seen it right when it came out.amazing! pikestaff is been doing a lot of great things. they did Ticket. which is another really sick cable movie and also had their hands in "Bigtime" which is like the very first bigger production all cable movie. love all of them!
Old     (boarderpat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-01-2010, 7:53 AM Reply   
I have it, got it right when it was released, not sure if I paid that much for it but it is totally worth it, far and away one of my favorite wakeboarding movies to watch pre-riding, great soundtrack, great cinematography and EPIC riding!
Old     (wakecori)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-02-2010, 6:07 AM Reply   
I just bought it on Sunday and I love it!!! Great sound, amazing tricks and a wonderful atmosphere.
I payed 15€, that's around 20$, but it was at a fair.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Fantastic film!
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2010, 8:40 PM Reply   
I helped organize the Canadian premier of the film and was asked not to watch it so that when it played on the big screen, I could enjoy it to its full potential. Well, there's a scene near the beginning where Fooshe (I think) is in a strip club. There were kids at the Premier...I was seriously worried for a moment. "This film is from Europe...oh sh*t!"