Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (txstang125)      Join Date: May 2015       05-31-2019, 2:06 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 centurion concourse with the 5.7 black scorpion. We were at the lake ran fine and then just shut off , it was not getting any spark , we changed the ignition coil and wire and still nothing .
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-04-2019, 3:58 AM Reply   
ok. you getting power to the coil?
how old is the distributor?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-04-2019, 7:16 AM Reply   
emergence lanyard still in place??

or

Is the boat in neutral

I only ask because back in the day I had both of these things ruin my lake day. The lanyard a buddy pulled out and tried to put it back but didn't do it right. And didn't tell me he messed with it until 2 days later after I pulled all my hair out trying to fix it.

The throttle I did because I powered onto the trailer and just reached up and cut the boat off but forgot to pull it back into neutral. So the next time I got to the lake it wouldn't start. Until I realized it wasn't in neutral about 1-1/2 hours later.
Old     (nar722)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-06-2019, 6:41 AM Reply   
there is also a big fuse near the starter (90 amp). Maybe that popped. or the breaker switch on top of the motor...maybe that tripped
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       06-06-2019, 8:50 AM Reply   
Negative battery terminal. Simple thing but the killer of many boats. Take the black wire of the battery terminal and clean the terminal and wire with a metal bristle brush. IF that does not work, check where the wire connects to the motor. I've had this same thing happen to me in three different boats.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-07-2019, 6:01 AM Reply   
maybe txstang got his boat running and is out on the water?
Old     (txstang125)      Join Date: May 2015       06-15-2019, 5:23 AM Reply   
Update I’ve changed distributor cap , ignition module in the cap , rotor , coil and plug wire going from coil to distributer and still dose the same thing. I dropped it off at shop to have it looked at and of course it wouldn’t mess up (he ran it with the water hose) so I took it to the lake started fine ran great and again 30 to 40 min on the water I shift to neutral and boom dies and won’t start back up turns over fine just won’t fire. We dropped it back off and an hour later He looks at it and said it would barley turn over and voltage was low so he charged battery and unplugged all radio stuff, put a charged battery on it and he said the voltage was still low. All this started to happen when I got radio working

Last edited by txstang125; 06-15-2019 at 5:26 AM.
Old     (txstang125)      Join Date: May 2015       06-15-2019, 5:35 AM Reply   
Safety switch is good and I know it’s in neutral cause when it’s not it dosent spin over at all. He also said their were some speaker wires that came loose and were arcing pretty bad so I hope that didn’t fry anything. I just don’t get why it runs fine and just dies after 30 min .
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-27-2019, 4:42 AM Reply   
Any update ? If there is a wire arching sometimes or bouncing around it could cause an intermittent issue . For example a long time a go my friend has a lowered old chevy truck and sometimes it would hit a bump and bog down and die out . then we would hit another bump and it would come to life right away . there was a bare wire in the dash that would bounce of and on to the metal in there causing the issue . Not saying your issue is under the dash but it could def be a loose or bare wire bouncing around .
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-27-2019, 7:04 AM Reply   
test your alternator
and put a fuel flow gauge on it - could be plugged fuel line/filter
although wiring problem has promise as well
Old     (txstang125)      Join Date: May 2015       07-08-2019, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Any update ? If there is a wire arching sometimes or bouncing around it could cause an intermittent issue . For example a long time a go my friend has a lowered old chevy truck and sometimes it would hit a bump and bog down and die out . then we would hit another bump and it would come to life right away . there was a bare wire in the dash that would bounce of and on to the metal in there causing the issue . Not saying your issue is under the dash but it could def be a loose or bare wire bouncing around .

So I went and got it from the mechanic I bought the boat from he said it was the starter but the shifter moved out of neutral and that’s why it wouldn’t crank lol .since I brought it back I got it to start out of water and ran it until it got up to temp killed and started once more , so we headed out the lake and damn thing wouldn’t start (no spark) tired it the next day and still nothing that’s where we’re at now (won’t start at all ) it wants to but nothing fuel pressure 24psi after it primes and when cranking moves up to 30. I’ve stopped messing with it I have appointments with 2 mechanics so hopefully we can find something out
Old     (txstang125)      Join Date: May 2015       07-11-2019, 2:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
test your alternator
and put a fuel flow gauge on it - could be plugged fuel line/filter
although wiring problem has promise as well
Has new alternator and at the rails key on fuel is at 23 ish psi has new fuel filter
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-11-2019, 10:00 AM Reply   
23 psi is way too low - should be like 35-40. I'd look hard at your fuel pressure regulator. I think there's a test where you can test both the regulator and the pump by blocking off the return line off the regulator. If the pressure spikes up above 35, then bad regulator, below that bad pump.
Old     (txstang125)      Join Date: May 2015       08-11-2019, 1:21 PM Reply   
Sorry for late reply but got boat back it was the pick up coil in the distributor�� lol thanks everyone for their input !