Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2017, 8:13 AM Reply   
I just found this app, haven't tested on boats yet, but have been playing with it on my iPhone and iPad, and it works pretty amazing - has an auto-sync feature to help the timing.

Anyone tried it, or any other app with any success?
Old     (moombahighrider)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-14-2017, 8:23 AM Reply   
Looks like it requires wifi to connect personal devices? Where we boat we don't have cell service, let alone good wifi.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-14-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
You don't need Internet service to Make a wi-if work. I have not seen a lot of 12v routers
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-14-2017, 10:01 AM Reply   
I'm not sure how it works, but I didn't have wifi on and it still synced up and played. Maybe Bluetooth or combination of whatever's available and strongest?
Old     (Titan)      Join Date: Aug 2017       08-25-2017, 6:31 AM Reply   
If you are on Android take a look at the soundseeder app. It doesn't require internet or a wifi. The app works with wifi direct or you can start the internal hotspot of the phone.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2017, 7:35 AM Reply   
I tried an app like that about 3 years ago and you could link two boats while cruising down the lake, it was really cool. But if you really listened to the music there was a very slight delay on the boat that was linked.

Do you hear any of that with this app.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-25-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
i checked it out couldn't get it to work w spotify or sync with either of my bluetooth jbl speakers.... great idea if they ever get it to support their claims
Old     (cal2vin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       08-25-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
@grant_west lot of routers have a 5v power supply if you read the fine print on the charger plugin. Some are actually 12 like the Netgear nighthawk. If they are 5 tho get something like this. Def possible.

SMAKN Dc/dc Converter 12v Step Down to 5v/3a Power Supply Module https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXKBJI2..._cYdOzbFTR9ZJX
Old     (Titan)      Join Date: Aug 2017       08-25-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
soundseeder has google music and radio support, but not Spotify.
From my experience: syncing bluetooth speakers is hard, as they have their own playback delay, which even seemed to be slightly different every time I started a song.
Now I have 3 android phones with speakers connected via the headphone jack, thats running perfectly fine, once you have trimmed the playback delay in the app. You can adjust it in steps of 10ms.