Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-30-2012, 10:00 AM Reply   
People forget that oil prices also affect boat prices and not just at the pump. Over the past few years I've heard so many people say that its ridiculous how much boat prices have raised. Well fiberglass is a petroleum based product, when oil prices rise, so does fiberglass cost and just about everything else that gets poured into these boats. That said, if your not price point go with the Malibu, if you are price point, go with the Axis. Either way you'll get a great boat for the money and both boats will more than satisfy your wake/surf/tube/and light entertainment needs. You just have to ask yourself if all those bells and whistles of the Malibu are worth the costs. Are you a die hard wakeboarder? I am only curious becuase if you are a recreational rider than wake shouldn't be a first concern. I would decide based on company, quality, price, and options. Obviously you like Malibu which is a great company, axis seems more in your price range, and as far as options you can get full factory ballast with PP. Any V drive with factory ballast and PP will have a surf wake as well. Good luck in your hunt post some pics when you pull the trigger!