Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            04-23-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
For all of the WW old timers you may remember John Lotterer, JL to most of us from the MOB group, passed away today. He filmed a lot with Josh Sleigh and used to entertain us with snippets like Salad Trees. JL shot much of the footage and did lots of the edit work on the wakesurf movie entitled Wake up! John lost his battle with stomach cancer.

You'll be missed.

From his Facebook page:

Dearest friends, this is Indie, David and Scott Lotterer. It is with sad news that we inform you that on this day 4/23/2012 at 2:20 PM John left us. He passed away peacefully with his family by his side. He fought until the end. He leaves behind his wife of 31 years Indie and sons David and Scott and a brother James who resides in Geneva, Ill. Per John's request there will be no formal services. We would like to thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts. Thanks again Indie, David and Scott Lotterer.
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Oh man, so sorry to hear that! My condolences to his family, tough loss to everyone.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-24-2012, 9:01 AM Reply   
RIP..... JL Condolences to all who knew him.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-24-2012, 9:25 AM Reply   
I still cant believe it ,I had such great times with JL,if it wasnt for him I would have never wakesurfed, He help make this sport progress ,his movie he made is still 10 years ahead of everyone.My prayers go out to his family ,his wife is one of the nicest ladies Ive evr meet..I will miss hanging on the boat with him more then anything ,those our memories I will never forget..He always pushed me and helped me progress and always cracked me up..I will miss u my brother...
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-24-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
I remember the first time I met JL was at Lake Tulloch about 5 years ago. Always a fun guy to hang out with. I remember eating Carne Asada with JL & Josh just laughing our heads off. R.I.P. John, you'll be missed.
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-24-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
That's very sad. I never met him, but have seen his initials all over the wakesurfing world. RIP.
Old     (BRadDad)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-24-2012, 3:23 PM Reply   
JL was a great man !!! I Grew up surfing the beaches that JL filmed so often...He and JamesZ helped me dial my boat in for Wakesurfing...

He filmed and edited pro's and bros- This was almost 3 years to the date when our first time wakesurfing while getting my boat dialed in with James and JL

RIP JL !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byTPKr3oPCw

Been lurking this site for years- had to register and post out of remembrance !!!

Some more of JL's work here:

http://mobgrouptv.com/home.html
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2012, 3:10 PM Reply   
JL ohh the OG. man we had some seriously amazing times together and i attribute where i am today in wakesurfing because of you and the whole MOB group. all the boys pushing eachother and you there to get it all on film. im really bummed i didnt get to see you one more time my old friend but i will see you again soon. thank you for everything you did for me. you will always be remembered you crazy ol bastard! love you bud. RIP.

Johnny