Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-18-2012, 6:41 PM Reply   
I know this is already posted by jeff in the picture thread, but I had to make its own thread. This is extremely cool, and so legit. RJ and I were just watching it together.

James response is so classic, RJ hadn't seen it, I showed him and he was busting up. "THAT IS SO REAL!" He had me rewind his face on landing several times, too funny.

Congrats, that is an EPIC moment. Even if never landed again, but I can't wait to see that landed in competition. Way cool and great effort, no doubt.

Now, I shouldn't have to do this, but I know there are some that may question....

Its hard to see with all the wash but there are a few frames where the large 4.5 inch fins are clearly present. Looks like the standard flyboy setup with scimitars if I am seeing it right. Just makes it that much cooler, no skim fins on that board.

Posted on wake9 also.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-19-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Ocean surfers do big spins, can't see why you'd be that surprised. Seems like a natural progression.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2012, 8:12 AM Reply   
I have seen rodeo flips in the ocean too, but when I see that behind a boat, I will be pretty damn excited.

That is a difficult trick to do behind a boat on a surf style board, it is a natural progression, sure, but very cool none the less. Exciting to me.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       02-19-2012, 8:13 AM Reply   
@ boardjnky4 There has been one done in the ocean and the landing was pretty sketchy at best. It's a big deal in the ocean and a bigger deal behind the boat with a much smaller wave and less chance of recovery.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Not to mention, he NAILS the landing, he doesn't even have to adjust his feet when he lands. His reaction is real and makes for great video also.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-19-2012, 12:01 PM Reply   
I dont care done/not done blah blah blah. This is a very sick trick! I will have to add it to my trick list this year. Just as soon as I learn how to get more than 1/2" of air and consistently land a simple 360
Old     (vman)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-19-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
HOLY SH..(BLEEP)! That was awesome! Golf clap.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-19-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post

That is a difficult trick to do behind a boat on a surf style board, it is a natural progression, sure, but very cool none the less. Exciting to me.
sure that's a difficult trick to do, but he made it look soo easy!
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       02-19-2012, 9:33 PM Reply   
now he needs to follow it up with a big mark sher style switch arial varial... JK that is sick. it will make it interesting to watch james and chase duke it out in comps this year.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-19-2012, 11:56 PM Reply   
Not to take away from James big spin, but I would have love to have seen mark do that trick close up, or on video.
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-20-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
Grats to James for landing a new trick. Progression is the key to this sport's growth.

To all the pissers in this thread, take a hike, no one needs your negativity.
Old     (sd_wakesports)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-21-2012, 5:41 AM Reply   
Congratulations to James on landing this trick and progressing the sport of Wakesurfing.
HI-5 from his traction sponsor HYDRO-TURF Traction !
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-21-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
The best part about this trick is that there is VIDEO of it so we can all ooooh and aaaahhh over it! Congrats James! Awesome trick!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-21-2012, 11:52 AM Reply   
Thas why he is the best.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-21-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
one word,.....Sick!!!!!
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2012, 9:02 PM Reply   
holy crap!

now, what am i seeing exactly? air, board spins, he spins, something something...

Last edited by newwhit; 02-21-2012 at 9:06 PM.
Old     (BlairJ)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-22-2012, 7:20 AM Reply   
"A 360 shove-it combined with a body varial in the same direction is called big spin"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-01-2012, 11:13 AM Reply   
Wow