Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-09-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Check it out... all the new gel schemes and interiors, including vinyl textures. Also new views available.

I went ahead and designed my own boat as a test. Not bad... it looks just like the real thing!!

Go have fun with it. And post pics of your creations!!

http://mbsports.net/design.asp

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-09-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
One more... this one I patterned after my buddy's new MB TWB 23.

Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-09-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Blue is a lot different.
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-09-2011, 4:16 PM Reply   
Got a headache ! But very cool playing with it ! Need to order a few, any ideas ? Keep in mind I need FL cool colors, no black top decks for me here.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-09-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Sweet! Here's my 2012 21WB...

The light gray is in two textures. The seat base is standard and the seat roll is a weave texture. The medium gray is also in two textures. The side panels are regular while the Xs are a weave texture. The black highlights are also in a weave texture. Theses texture contrasts are very cool in person.
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-09-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
One more of my interior:
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-09-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
Notice that I left the "B52" off the side of my boat too. Less is more in my book.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       10-10-2011, 9:39 AM Reply   
i think I may buy the alpha z tower listed on here for sale and put it on an F21; j/k. I do wonder if it would fit and how it would look though? I really am digging the new mb's have pretty much everything I am looking for, I'm just not sold on the towers.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-10-2011, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by muurph84 View Post
i think I may buy the alpha z tower listed on here for sale and put it on an F21; j/k. I do wonder if it would fit and how it would look though? I really am digging the new mb's have pretty much everything I am looking for, I'm just not sold on the towers.
I actually considered ordering my boat sans tower and having a Samson put on it. I guess that's an option for those who are not liking the factory Skylon tower.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-10-2011, 11:18 AM Reply   
I am also a fan of the foward projecting towers but they need to be done right.

I am not thrilled with the latest from CC/MC/BU. Too erector set looking. I preferred the swoop look of BU towers in the past.

The Tige tower is nice and probably looks even better with the bmini up (I always have the bimini deployed).

I think the current MB tower would be cool if the front legs were removed and the bimini could still project as far foward. Of course, the base would have to be beefed up to handle the load of the tower.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-10-2011, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I am also a fan of the foward projecting towers but they need to be done right.

I am not thrilled with the latest from CC/MC/BU. Too erector set looking. I preferred the swoop look of BU towers in the past.

The Tige tower is nice and probably looks even better with the bmini up (I always have the bimini deployed).

I think the current MB tower would be cool if the front legs were removed and the bimini could still project as far foward. Of course, the base would have to be beefed up to handle the load of the tower.
having owned one, I can say that the drawbacks of the malibu illusion tower far outweigh it's "cool" looks. it would be BRUTAL on an MB with it's shallower cabin. Clearance would only be about 5'4".
Old     (TheSqueakyWheel)      Join Date: Oct 2010       10-10-2011, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
having owned one, I can say that the drawbacks of the malibu illusion tower far outweigh it's "cool" looks. it would be BRUTAL on an MB with it's shallower cabin. Clearance would only be about 5'4".
+1
While swoop towers might look better, they have the noticeable disadvantages of lower overhead clearance and they pose problems adding aftermarket items like light bars, speakers, etc....
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-10-2011, 12:38 PM Reply   
Is it working? The page loads on my Mac and says 100% loaded, but I can't get it to open. ???
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-10-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
^^^ works for me. I've been building boats all day with my favorite sports team colors.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-10-2011, 4:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTV View Post
Is it working? The page loads on my Mac and says 100% loaded, but I can't get it to open. ???
Same happens for me and I tried it on 2 different computers and downloaded the latest version of java on one of them.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-10-2011, 5:44 PM Reply   
IXFE has been playing too much on the site and that is blocking everyone else. Get off IXFE so the rest of us can play!!!!!!
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-10-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
For those of you having trouble getting the new tool to load, please try clearing your browser cache. You may also need to upgrade your flash player to at least 10.0.0 or later.

-Phillip
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-11-2011, 8:38 AM Reply   
Builder worked for me no problem on multiple computers.
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-12-2011, 10:12 PM Reply   
Florida colors!

Probably a bit too hot for the blue deck..but still pretty cool!
Attached Images

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2011, 6:55 AM Reply   
Oooooooh yeah, let the drooling begin:
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-13-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
I say it needs more sparkel...
Name:  Boat.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  51.7 KB
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-13-2011, 11:32 AM Reply   
I like this one. Clean and Classy
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-13-2011, 11:35 AM Reply   
Opposite, still classy but a little more gangsta.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-13-2011, 11:38 AM Reply   
Classy with some flake
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-13-2011, 11:49 AM Reply   
That last one I did you could replace the metal flake X with pretty much any color and it would look good.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-14-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
Man if I would only be able to pull the trigger!

Name:  Untitled1.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  223.1 KB

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  119.0 KB
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-14-2011, 8:24 PM Reply   
I would stay away from anything darker than medium gray on horizontal surfaces...

A friend of mine did some testing of White, Light Gray and Medium Gray in the sun at Shasta...

Measured with a laser temp gage on a 88 degree day after having the sun on the sun pad for several hours...

W 120. LG 127. MG 137. in degrees F.

Subjective opinion after touching each surface with dry feet...

W 120 is on the edge of being able to stand w/dry bare feet w/o moving around.
LG 127 is OK for about 4-5 seconds before I want to move my feet.
MG 137 is too hot to stand on -- I need to get off immediately.

Subjective opinion after touching each surface with wet feet...

W 120 is not a problem.
LG 127 is also not a problem.
MG 137 is still hot but not too hot.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-14-2011, 8:43 PM Reply   
Actually, I only went as dark as light gray on horizontal surfaces with medium gray on veritcal surfaces and black on a few vertical surfaces.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-14-2011, 9:48 PM Reply   
Dane,

I actually went dark on my boat. I was ready for lots of color after my last MB which was all white. So I went with lots or dark accents inside. Notice that even my carpet is darker than the standard light gray. Everybody said it would be crazy hot on the feet. But its never been a problem. Maybe its because we are in Oregon. But we spent a week in Shasta and nobody complained.

I love the charcoal carpet because it hides stains.