Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-20-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Just 7 days untill our cross country wakeboarding adventure begins! Well be posting a bunch of photos and vids of our travels. 7 days tell our first stop in Vegas, maybe we should have picked a different town to start the adventure in? lol

Got a bunch of cameras for the trip, 2 gopro's, a jvc hd, and a pentax optio w80 so should have a bunch of cool footage. If you live around any of the lakes we're coming through come out and meet us and take a set!

Our trip itinerary can be found on our trip website.
http://www.26states30lakes.com/Itinerary.html
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-20-2010, 9:59 AM Reply   
Insane! Think you'll be able to stick to that schedule? Some of those places may be Epic and you may want to stay longer than acouple hours lol

Good luck and stay safe!
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-20-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
i actually thought about doing this some day. it would be tough but very fun. let me know where you are gonna put in on old hickory. i might make it out there and meet yall.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-20-2010, 10:52 AM Reply   
nowhere close to me at all, otherwise I'd head out for sure.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-20-2010, 12:39 PM Reply   
****ing sick.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-20-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Robert ~~ Your first stop in Powell there will be a rail comp going down at antelope point marina if your interested. It's a quick shot from Wahweap if you use the narrows. We will be there Aug 27 - 29th.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-20-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
Josh, we'll be there for that sounds like fun!

Steve, you tell me where the best place to put in at old hickory is and we'll meet you there! We're winging it as far as where to launch at most places!
Old    mcbean7            08-20-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
Good luck on your trip Robert! Looking forward to seeing some pics.
Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-20-2010, 11:24 PM Reply   
boat traffic should be down pretty good because school is back in session and it will be mid week. i would suggest drakes creek or lone branch. those are the only 2 places i ride on that lake. i'm not sure what direction you will be coming from, but both are relatively accessible. lone branch would probably be the best for riding conditions though. it's where local comps are held, and it's pretty protected.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-22-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
Sounds good steve, we're open to launching anywhere. You'll have to suggest some sites to see in town after we board too!

We'll be uploading pics everyday or at least tryying too! We'll also be tweeting so lots of twit pics too!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-22-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Not to mention we got sponsored by gopro last week and have a couple of there hd cameras and a bucket full of brackets so we'll have some cool pov shots from the wakeboards and boat and rv!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Why Perry Lake, KS? Not that it's bad, and if you're meeting someone there then cool, but there are slightly better lakes, such as Clinton which is right off I-70, and would possibly have some KU coeds out before classes start
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-24-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
Whats your twitter?? I'll follow you guys for sure..
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-24-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
Can i get a pull when you guys come to Old Hickory Lake in Nashville, TN? Where are you staying? I'm off work that whole day. If you need info on a good riding spot, let me know.
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-24-2010, 3:46 PM Reply   
I'd meet you in Vegas this weekend but it looks like you're not even hitting the water. Not a big loss, forecast shows 20+ winds. Oasis is right down the street from my house, maybe I can meet you for a beer.
Old     (bkey79)      Join Date: May 2010       08-24-2010, 4:01 PM Reply   
When y'all launch at Lake Amistad in Del Rio Tx, make sure you launch from Rough Canyon off 277/377 north and park road 2, and head North on the Devils River... About 7-8 miles up river the water gets to about 12-15ft visibility!
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-25-2010, 12:55 AM Reply   
A-Dub, being my buddy Gary Perry is rolling with I figured it only natural we stop at his lake during the trip! lol You wouldn't happen to have a Mitchell lake around there? lol

Our twitter I believe is just 26states30lakes.com, heck now I'll have to look I just know we text to 40404, you wouldnt happen to know how to twit pics would you? Tried to text a few photos last night and didnt work.

Brandon not exactly sure where we're launching but come on out!

Evilone, beer sounds great in Vegas, I'm flying my buddy in who gets married the following weekend and we're going to through him a vegas bachalor party friday night! lol

Brandon thanks for the tips!
Old    ScottRobinson            08-25-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
This is just a kick ass IDEA guys ! 35 year old here with 4 kids wishing he was you!!!!
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-25-2010, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yeah your twitter is 26states30lakes thats it, no dot com or anything. I found you guys.

To twitter pics you need a twitter type app I believe, if you have a blackberry or iphone its pretty easy. Don't know how on anything else..
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Robert ~~ Hope to see ya at "The Point" marina... Comp is suppose to start at 10am, I will keep an eye out for your Malibu pulling up to the docks. Suppose to kind of breezy so be careful on the lake. If your planning on it head right out of Wahweap down the narrows and you can't miss Antelope Marina on your right. Have a safe trip to Powell...
Name:  IMG_3390.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  64.1 KB
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-27-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Josh we'll see you there! Can't miss us just look for a closed bow Malibu Vlx with flames and a twister mat on the bow tonua cover. It looks pretty sic, at least we think, plus no more waves over the bow when we ballast it out!

Everybody that wants to meet up or join us at the lake give us a call on our cells its better then email because we'll get it and you won't be stranded at a ramp wondering where we're at.

(If my typing sucks its all Garys fault I thgink he's swerving trying to hit every pot hole on I-5!) lol

Our cells are 408-804-0316, 408-722-7188, and 408-710-8670

See you on the water or land!

Robert and Gary!
www.26states30lakes.com

Make sure to follow us on twitter lots of pics coming up!

Oh and a huge thanks to John at Paw Prints in Redwood City he made some trip shirts for us, so if you come out and ride with us we'll hook you up! Plus he made them all in man sizes L through 2x

p.s. Going to start a new thread 26 states 30 lakes we're wakeboarding across the U.S. be updating that thread at least daily!