Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-23-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
which vest was it that said cga and wasnt??
Old    ScottRobinson            04-23-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
you know I swear I ordered a Large too...hmmm
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       04-23-2010, 12:53 PM Reply   
Just ordered a bank shot vest. Hopefully it is worth the $45.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-23-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
FOR THE LADIES - I ordered to two women's Helium vests, a medium for my girlfriend, and a small for just in case another female is on the boat. The Shadow vest in med says, "33"-36". The other vest (which doesn't have a name for the vest but it's the one that's on sale for $31.13 and black/pink) says small 33"-36". The Shadow is a side entry where as the other is center zip, both are CGA.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-23-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
I just ordered three vests (me, wife, and daughter) and two youth spring suites (daughter and son). Those youth spring suites are super cheap... $14/ea. is too hard to pass up on, even if they are only 1.5mm.

I hope I don't regret this. I have the same concerns on size as everybody else.
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-23-2010, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have a Van Helium XL thats too big and I need a L, anybody interested in it for $40 shipped?
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-23-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidin_out View Post
picked up the Risky Business one to match my bright yellow SANTE I just bought, passed this on to other friends as well, great deals on vests and other stuff too
X2
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-24-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
Brian what does the xl Van helium say it measurements are?
Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-24-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
XL is 44" to 48"
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-26-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
everyone get their stuff? i haven't gotten a single thing yet and it looks like my second order is being divided up piece by piece and two vests haven't even shipped out yet
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-26-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
According to my UPS tracking number, ill have my vest and handle tomorrow. all same order. I also ordered mine the days this was posted so maybe they had it all in the same place.
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-26-2010, 12:32 PM Reply   
My orders were split up into several shipments as well, some UPS, and at least one USPS. I received my wifes vest (too big) and some dock lines on Friday. I also have an order waiting at the post office to be picked up.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-26-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
I ordered the Voodoo. I also snagged a handle from them a month ago, haven't used it yet.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-26-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
My vests should be here tomorrow via UPS. I ordered them last Thursday afternoon. I hope the sizes are right.
Old     (colombiansurfer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-26-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
We just got ours and all of them are perfect!!! The wife loves hers and it fits great! She always has problems getting them to fit her chest with a small waist.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-26-2010, 8:17 PM Reply   
I got mine over the weekend and all are great. I had a Costco vest that is XL and it is just a little too tight. So I went with my overinflated ego and got the Voodoo XXL. That thing is big. It is true to the 48-52 inches marked on it (unlike the costco vest, BTW that says 44-48). I measured myself today and I am at 44. So I have a XXL Voodoo for sale if anyone wants. Shoot me a PM and make me an offer. Otherwise it will go up on ebay.

Hopefully they have another one in just XL I can buy.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
I got mine today. Van Helium and Voodoo Youth. They fit my son and me perfectly. They are a little thicker than I expected, but I am happy with the purchase.
Good luck everyone waiting on theirs.

Jman
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-27-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I got my Voodoo XL ordered. Still on sale.

Anyone want an XXL Voodoo?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-27-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
So my Van Helium XL is too big for me. Anyone wanna buy it for $30 shipped? Its 44-48 inch chest. Thing is sweet. Or i would trade for a Large if anyone got one. PM or email at sirus919191@yahoo.com.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-27-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
I got mine today. Disappointed, but it's hard to explain. I already have a Paisley, size L, and got a M to get a more snug fit since I'm in between sizes. This is not the same vest. My Large has a slick outside, very smooth, almost like an additional slick layer is put on (again hard to explain, but it's awesome slick). The vest I received today, which i was assuming was the same thing, is just normal vest material with no slick outer shell. Looking at the site, the more expensive (assuming the slick version) is the one on sale, while the other is not on sale. They do not specify which is what, and they both say the same exact features. Done complaining, but if you know what I'm talking about, and are looking at these thinking they are the same, they are not. And I don't expect to go through any trouble with Coleman to try and figure this out, as many people are frustrated with the sizing, I think their description of vest and features are now a joke.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-27-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
Got my Van Helium today.... I like it. It's a little thicker than i expected but it's CGA so I guess I should have expected that. I got a medium and at 6'0" 165 it fits me ok. It was a little loose but fit good after I snugged up the straps a little. I probably could have fit into the small but I like to have a little room to breath.
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-27-2010, 9:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
I got mine today. Disappointed, but it's hard to explain. I already have a Paisley, size L, and got a M to get a more snug fit since I'm in between sizes. This is not the same vest. My Large has a slick outside, very smooth, almost like an additional slick layer is put on (again hard to explain, but it's awesome slick). The vest I received today, which i was assuming was the same thing, is just normal vest material with no slick outer shell. Looking at the site, the more expensive (assuming the slick version) is the one on sale, while the other is not on sale. They do not specify which is what, and they both say the same exact features. Done complaining, but if you know what I'm talking about, and are looking at these thinking they are the same, they are not. And I don't expect to go through any trouble with Coleman to try and figure this out, as many people are frustrated with the sizing, I think their description of vest and features are now a joke.
How much of a jump in sizing is it from the medium to the large? I got the medium and @ 6'0 165lbs and somewhere around a 38'" chest, it fits pretty snug. Is it just chest size that increases or is it much longer and are the armholes bigger? I think a large may be more comfortable as long and might work better as long as its not too much bigger.

I would have to pay $20 additional for shipping on the swap though and that's assuming they take returns and dont charge a restocking fee or anything.
Old     (bawshogg)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-27-2010, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
Ordered the same one. Definetly not the one in the picture that they show. It appears to be silver in the picture and the one I recieved is definetly not silver. It's white. No big deal as it was really cheap, you get what you pay for, just sucks cause my home ridespot is kinda muddy poopy water and it will be brown after a few rides. I was thinking I was getting the slick style also which would not have discolored at all. But hey, too much of a hassle to mess with at this point.

Last edited by bawshogg; 04-27-2010 at 9:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-28-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
Ray,

It's subtle. I'm 5'7" and 165, 42" sport coat size (TMI), The Large has larger arm holes, and is longer, and gives a little more room in the chest area. It fits nearly perfect for me, but is very long for my shorter stature.

Bawshogg,

Mine's a grey. The slick one I have is more of a golden-copperish color.
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-28-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Got my two Paisley's in. Another question someone aske was "is it the SWAT in a different color" The tag said SWATPSLY, so I would assume so. I way 180, with about a 38 inch chest. The medium fit good up top, a little snug on my "belly." The large was just too long for me, and fit looser, but too big on top. My two vests were the "cloth" not "slick" versions for what its worth. Overall, a killer deal really.
Old     (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-28-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
I have zero need for a new vest, I have 4 now and only wear one of them.

With that said I bought the Risky Business vest so I could pop my collar.

Good looking out!
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-28-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post

with that said i bought the risky business vest so i could pop my collar.
lol!
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-28-2010, 3:19 PM Reply   
The Paisley is from the SWAT line of vests. Got mine today and it doesn't have the smooth finish my friends has on it. This is the last Helium product I'll be buying the quality has gone downhill since being bought. The fit and feel is nothing like my 2 year old SWAT.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-29-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
I received my order today... or at least part of it. I gotta tell you, this company is a joke! It might be the last "Coleman" products I ever buy.

I ordered:

1 XL Balance Series (Chevron)
1 L Crescent Series (Vixon)
1 Youth Neapolitan
2 Youth Neoprene Wetsuits

PROBLEM #1

When I go to track my order online (I signed up for an account) it shows my order of 5 items was broken up into 4 shipments. That seems strange to me, but whatever. Then I click the first tracking number (for the two wetsuits) and I'm directed to UPS and clearly see my expected delivery date. Easy enough. So I click the other three tracking numbers and I'm taken to FedEx who says they don't recognize those numbers. I don't panic. I just wait patiently for my boxes to arrive.

PROBLEM #2

Fast forward to today. I received:

2 XL Balance Series (Chevron) in two separate USPS boxes
0 L Crescent Series (Vixon)
1 Youth Neapolitan in a third USPS box
0 Youth Neoprene Wetsuits

UPS isn't scheduled to deliver the wetsuits until tomorrow. But the three FedEx boxes turned out to be USPS boxes. So I go back and try to track those boxes using USPS.com. No luck. I can only assume these guys were too cheap to pay the extra $0.50 to ship a trackable package from USPS. Whatever. It may be unprofessional, but that's the least of my problems.

The real issue is they appear to have ignored my order for a L Crescent (Vixon) and instead sent me TWO Balance Series (Chevron). I can't believe these yahoos sent me two XL Chevrons. How do you screw that up. I assume this means I won't be getting the Crescent Series (Vixon) for my wife. That's a shame. I called their customer no-service line and they are closed... of course.

Even if I do get them on the phone, they are going to tell me to ship one of the Chevrons back, which means a trip to USPS, a long line, and money out of pocket.

THE SILVER LINING

One positive note... I really like my new Chevron vest. I haven't heard of anybody else in this thread ordering one, and I'm surprised. It's a very cool looking vest and super slim (non cga). This is my first side entry vest, but so far I like it. I got an XL (marked as 40-44"). I am 5'11, 180lbs. with 41" chest. It fits great! And I really like the color... I thought it was gray, but turns out it's more of a sea foam green.

My daughter's vest is cool too. She likes.

I will be calling and yelling tomorrow to get my L Crescent (Vixon) shipped. And I don't plan on returning the extra Chevron. I shouldn't have to. It wasn't my screw up!

Old     (tro)      Join Date: May 2009       04-29-2010, 7:27 PM Reply   
dang. i guess i'm glad i didn't order anything from those guys. i was going to, but decided not to after everyone kept saying they were still waiting for their shipments. sucks that a company can't even offer a good discount without sacrificing product quality, customer service, or shipping times.
Old     (boarder82)      Join Date: Jun 2009       04-30-2010, 4:45 AM Reply   
Ordered my paisley CGA on monday night. Received it yesterday. Very happy with it.
Old     (tylerc)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-30-2010, 4:46 AM Reply   
Not hating or anything, but you got a $100+ vest for $30 and you expect them to NOT use the cheapest method of shipping?
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-30-2010, 5:00 AM Reply   
i have not scoped out my order. i shipped it to my parents house where my boat is and all my gear. I know that it did arrive in at least 4 different boxes on different days and i still havent gotten my entire order. will be interesting to see what they sent me. i agree price was right
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-30-2010, 5:41 AM Reply   
I ordered the Van Helium and as mos tof you know the sizing is weird. I always were an XL but these XL's are 44-48 which is huge. I simply emailed coleman through there website, within 24 hrs a nice lady got back to me and told me to send it back and they will ship out a large for me. No cost to me other than paying the shipping back to them which was 5 bucks. I feel like it was great custy service and very easy. And like tyler said, 30 bucks for a vest is worth a few troubles i would think. I go the josh sanders handle and its looks great, Oh and my order was all shipped in one box and the ups trackign worked great
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-30-2010, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerc View Post
Not hating or anything, but you got a $100+ vest for $30 and you expect them to NOT use the cheapest method of shipping?
I expect a tracking number any time I order anything on the web. It's basic web protocol. Regardless of sale pricing I still spent $120 on this order. Isn't that enough to get a tracking number?? In all my web purchases over the years I've always had a tracking number. What's even worse is they listed the shipments on their site with tracking numbers and hot links to the shippers webpage giving the illusion that they were trackable.

With that said, I just got off the phone with their customer service (hold time aprox 90 seconds). Very nice lady I talked to. She said the missing Vixon vest was included in the UPS box with the wetsuits I am getting today (the one box that had a real tracking number). She said if it's not there I can call back. But either way I get to keep the extra Chevron vest for free. She called the extra vest a "shipping error" on their part.

If what she says is true, then I'll stop complaining.
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       04-30-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I just received my Risky Business.. I bought the XL for my 44 chest. It fits perfect, nice and snug.. It's par for an XL, just like other brands that I've expierenced.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
I got the Paisley and the Van Helium. They are sized differently. The Paisley is 40-44 inch for a XL and the Van Helium is 44-48 for the XL. Crappy thing is the Paisley fits snug, maybe just a bit too snug but not bad, whereas the Van is a bit on the large side. Oh well, awesome price and I just might order another Van in smaller size.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-30-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
Shawn, how does the bulkiness of the Paisley and Van Helium compare. I just got my Paisley and was just a little thicker than I had hoped for. In your opinion which is the least bulky and restrictive? I was thinking of ordering the Voodoo, which I assume would be the same make-up as the Van Helium.
Old     (rmr2000)      Join Date: May 2010       05-01-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
So can anyone tell me what the sizes are on the Paisley? I called customer service at Stearns and the guy read some sizes to me but he didn't act like he really knew what he was talking about. I want to know what the chest sizes are for the large and medium they are actually printed on the vests.

I think I already read this further up but I ordered a Large Van Helium and it's chest size 40-44 and a XL Chevron and it's chest size 40-44.
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
The Paisley and Chevron are the same, XL = 40-44. I ordered one of each and I've got a 42-ish chest. Before I received them, I read somewhere else that the Chevron XL was 44-48, so I ordered a L thinking I'd unload the XL on Craigslist or eBay. When the XL showed up, it was in fact 40-44, but it still seems a little loose...It only has one buckle so I can easily pull it up over my ears. The L says it's a 38-40 but it feels much more snug without being uncomfortable.

The Paisley though feels pretty good. It has two buckles so you can tighten it up around the waist so it doesn't ride up.

I really like them both! Especially how long they are. Now I just gotta decide which ones to keep...
Old     (rmr2000)      Join Date: May 2010       05-01-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
See, thats what confuses me. I have a chest size 39 so it seems like I should order the Paisley L since it's 38-40 but you're saying your 42 chest is fitting into a large. Makes me wonder if I shouldn't order a Medium.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-01-2010, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hey I have a JOSH SANDERS MEDIUM that I just got. I would sell it to someone for exactly what I have in it. Hit me up. Just doens't fit, still has tags on it. Let me know, EMAIL me
scott.robinson.nysq@statefarm.com or on here as that goes to my phone as well
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-01-2010, 7:58 AM Reply   
Yeah, sorry about that...I don't know, maybe I just like my vests to fit a little more snug.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-02-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
Wakemania,

I'd say the Van Helium is possibly just a little but less bulky, but not by much. The arm holes are much bigger so I'd say it would be less restrictive that way. They really just put the floatation down lower on the Van, and kinda spread it around on the paisley.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-02-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quick update on my order. I got the final package of my order with the two youth wet suits (perfect fit on the kids) and the Crescent Series Vixon on 4/30, as promised. Overall, I'm really happy with this order, now that it's all here and accounted for. And who can complain about a shipping error that gives you a free vest?!

I had my first ride of the season yesterday. I took my new Balance Series (Chevron) and wore it over my Oneil dry suit... it was an awesome fit and I really like the slim profile.

I might order a few more!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-02-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
3 vests shipped in about one week no problems:
Medium Swat Paisley (36-38)
Child
Youth

Here are some pictures of my helium stuff i got. so far pretty pleased, but only a few sets in the water under REALL USE can tell in the end.
I thought it would be nice to put my old (too big for me) Large Sterns vest next to the Medium Paisley i got, especially since they are essentially made by the same company.

Comparing the Sterns and the Helium side by side:
1. YES the Swatt vest is a little bit longer (only about an inch) as people say (especially since the sterns is a large and the helium is medium, but still longer slightly), which i was hoping for
2. NO the vest is not as thin as everyone has made it out to be in other threads, BUT this is a good thing to me. i was worried about the vest being "barely CGA" if you will. the two vests are about the same thickness
3. I like the zipper on the helium better
4. i like the buckles a little bit better on the sterns, when they click together they really "CLICK!"... maybe a little stronger hold? no concern at all though really.
5. materials feel the same and weigh about the same
6. No fancy segments for bending really
**MY conclusion: I would ONLY buy these vests on a mad sale like this. the quality difference between sterns and helium is NOT worth the $100 difference. IMO
I like the length, I like the thickness, I can move without feeling the buckles in my ribs like i was worried for my first side entry vest. love the cleaner look without the zipper in front or the idea of the zipper hitting me in the chin. front zippers can create an unnatural fold in the center, but at the side there is already an inteded fold or hinge if that makes sense. there is no more than 50% of the straps hidden under the neoprene at a time so i can untwist the straps easily should they twist. there is just enough neoprene to cover the zipper teeth on the inside for comfort.

The fit is as I hoped. I would say the sizes are pretty true. I have an average chest size of 38. meaning that i am a little less with no breath and a little more with a big breath. i could wear a neo shirt underneath without problem too i am sure

The CHILD and YOUTH VESTS are almost identicle in style. difference is size and strap location. the child has the between-the-legs strap for the second strap. These vests have some hinged segments at the sides which seem nice. my daughter lovers her "hearts" vest and will grow into the neopolitain. The brown stripes on the neopolitain are some other material than neoprene. it is smoother, but not glide skin. bought them only cause they were cheaper than most, and they were side entries. not many side entries for children that i have seen.

*OPINION WARNING* despite this lengthy review, my actuall personall experience with a variety of vests is very limited.
Attached Images

Last edited by wakerider111; 05-02-2010 at 9:44 PM.
Old     (DJ)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-03-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Has anyone worn their vest in the water yet? I wore mine yesterday (Van Helium) and rode for about 2 hours. The vest rubbed me raw under the arms. Anyone else have this problem?
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-03-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
So I am outside on Saturday working on my lawn. My mailman stops and gives me the mail. He tells me he had a box for me on Friday but it looked like rain so he didn't leave it. Well my brother works from home all day on Friday so if he had just rang the bell like I am sure they are supposed to he could have given it to my brother. The thing that really puzzled me was why he was telling me this when he should have been giving me the vest on Saturday. It was a wtf moment. No idea why he wouldn't have brought it on Saturday............... Anyways I am assuming he will deliver it today and I can finally check out my new vest.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-03-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
i have a 37" chest and ordered the medium (36-40) von helium. its way too big. (my current vest is a Slippery Medium 37.5-40 and has become too tight cant breath)

i really want the LRS Plaid CG Wake Jacket but im afraid to order another medium. anyone order a small? in this or the von helium or voodoo? what is your chest size?
me=37" chest, 5'-10", 175 lbs
Old     (pip9ball)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-03-2010, 10:05 AM Reply   
I ordered 4 vests as well. One came in a medium when I specified large. Called customer service and they apologized and shipped out the original large I ordered and told me to keep the medium. That is great customer service if you ask me!

-P
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-03-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Anybody stop to think why these vests are essentially bring given away. I mean they mess up and jsut say keep it, that happened on a few orders posted above. I know mine wasnt the right size i sent it back and they are paying shipping back to me. It seems weird to me. Great customer service but why such cheap pricing?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-03-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
I hope there will be 2011 Helium product then.....
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-03-2010, 1:13 PM Reply   
My first thought is that they are liquidating inventory and may be discontinuing the Helium products. I'm waiting on some of the other products to come on clearance. May not happen though.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-03-2010, 4:05 PM Reply   
i gotta wear a wetsuit for the next month so not worried about being rubbed raw yet. Maybe they break in??
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-03-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
I got the Voodoo vest, the inside said it was manufactured in 2008, I'm guessing they are clearing out some old inventory. Doesn't matter to me, great service and product for the price. I ordered it and received 2 days later.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       05-03-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
Got my XL bank shot today. Fits me perfectly. I just measured and I have a 45" chest. I was expecting it to be a tad on the loose side since it goes up to 48" but it is perfect.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-04-2010, 8:51 PM Reply   
The childs vests are awesome. They don't ride up at all when they sit sown like most of the other vests. Worth every penny if you ask me. Even at retail. They love em.

The test will be how they float em in the water when it gets warm.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-06-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
hey guys, after my von helium "medium" disaster im thinking about tempting fate and ordering another style

can someone help me find a sizeing chart for the LRS Plaid CG Wake Jacket
http://www.stearnsflotation.com/LRS-...-P1726C34.aspx
google isnt helping or im not punchin in the right words....

thanks
Cory
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2010, 3:06 PM Reply   
I got my Voodoo XL in and it's huge. I called to see if I could exchange and they said no because they would be out of stock before I got it back to them. Oh well, it was only $40 and I have an extra vest I could use anyway. So I ordered an XL Paisley
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-08-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
finally checked out what they sent. all sizes were correct (out of 5). all vests are much more bulky than i thought. L paisley fits me but dont know if i will wear it. dock ropes are cheese! not even worth the $4
Old     (rmr2000)      Join Date: May 2010       05-08-2010, 5:08 PM Reply   
K Money,

What is the chest size on your large Paisley?

Thanks
Old     (carter13)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-08-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
rmr,
I bought a large Paisley and it says 38"-40".
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-08-2010, 9:02 PM Reply   
I sent them an email about my XXL Voodoo. I ordered it that way, but would like to return it if I can.

They sent me a confirmation email that basically said to not email them again and that they got my message and will get back to me when they can. 3 business days have gone by and they did not get back to me. I think the customer service is pretty lame. I gave up on the phone after just 5 minutes on hold, probably should have stayed on longer.

FWIW, the Voodoo runs right on as far as size. I measured myself and the XL has written on it 40-44 inches. I am 41 inches in the chest and it is just about right, and if I were 3 inches bigger it would be a slight bit snug. The L would probably restrict my breathing when I breathe deeply. If they take it back, I would like to get a paisley.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-28-2010, 8:06 AM Reply   
I got an email response 20 days later that said that if the vest is unused, they would exhange for a similar item, minus the shipping and handling charges and the cost of shipping back to them. So by the time I send it back to them, I would only get about $20 back for it. I think I might just take my chances on Ebay, or save it for a fat rider.

20 days for an email response that simple....puuuhhlleeeeze!!!!!
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-28-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
You got an XL Voodoo that says 40-44"? My XL Voodoo is 44-48" but my XL Paisley is 40-44" and fits great.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-28-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
Tall... why didn't you just call them? I did and only had to wait a few minutes before I had a live person on the line who was as nice as ever!
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-28-2010, 12:08 PM Reply   
I got a Van Helium XL, which was too big but was what I ordered. Sent an email to the customer service link on coleman site and got a response after 24 hrs. I paid shipping back and they sent out the Large I needed. No charge for the second shipping
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-28-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
My XL voodoo says 40-44" for sure.

I called and gave up after 5 minutes on hold. So I did not wait a great amount of time. Then realized I could email them and thought that was the ticket since I was not in a hurry.

Rob, you must have the connections, because I am not kidding. I got the 'we got your email, don't email us again' response within 24 hours. I bet I could have had better luck with the Coleman site customer service link. Maybe if I ask again, I can get no shipping on the second shipping too. I will try and ask nicely. Like going to mom once dad told me no.
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       05-28-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
I have about a 35 chest and I'm looking at the Van Helium, should I get a S or a M?
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-28-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
Van helium Large is 40-44, i have a 44 inch chest fits snug. I assume medium will be 36-40 and small will be 32-36, the XL was 44-48. i would go small for a 35 inch chest. Should fit perfect
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-28-2010, 12:41 PM Reply   
@talltigeguy, i ordered mine the first day the sale started and then prob 5 days later returned it. I know at that time most had not gotten there vests yet. I bet they are swamped now bc of all the sizing crazyness. I. I was very pleasant too by the way, I offered to pay shipping both ways. I spoke with Libby consumerservice@mailnj.custhelp.com not sure if that emial will work but that is the address she emailed from. Hope that helps
Old     (mc_x15)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-28-2010, 12:42 PM Reply   
Now that i think about it, All i did was reply to the confirmation email I got i think.
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-28-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
Rob, I might have a deal for you

Check yer PM's
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       05-28-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_x15 View Post
Van helium Large is 40-44, i have a 44 inch chest fits snug. I assume medium will be 36-40 and small will be 32-36, the XL was 44-48. i would go small for a 35 inch chest. Should fit perfect
thanks for the info, just put my order in
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-28-2010, 3:45 PM Reply   
So who picked out this pimp daddy vest??

Old     (vtrider01)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-06-2010, 3:09 PM Reply   
is there any definitive answer on how the swat paisley runs? i have a 45"ish chest, according to the sizing chart on the website, that puts me toward the upper end of a large. for reference, ive been using my buddies watson cga xl which is a bit loose on me. should i go large or xl with a paisley?
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-06-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
this thread just wont die. i got a paisley med and large. the med i cant even fit in. and the large is perfect but when i get in the water it rides up on my neck. pretty annoying i didnt bother to measure my chest. i think heliums run small, but then again a lot of people who got XL said they were way too big. good luck at least its only $40
Old     (vtrider01)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-06-2010, 9:45 PM Reply   
thats extremely helpful without knowing your chest size.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       06-07-2010, 3:58 AM Reply   
im 180 pretty big chest and wide upper body. i would go L. a loose vest really sux. i cant find the tape measure i think we used it to play washers now its MIA
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-08-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
no complaints here.. must have got lucky... paisley vest is AWESOME!!! by far my fav....