Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-07-2010, 10:35 PM Reply   
Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. Ive had a very annoying reccuring heel bruise for about 4-5 months now. It never really heals, jammed it hard again last friday and its taken until today to be able to walk properly. Anyone else had this problem and managed to deal with it somehow? Of course resting it makes it heal somewhat but it doesnt take much for it to get bruised again the next time.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-07-2010, 11:19 PM Reply   
I've had it before and it sucks! For me I needed to get new bindings which suited my feet shape a little better.
Old     (bobenglish)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-08-2010, 5:07 AM Reply   
You may have plantar fasciitis. Stretch, stretch, and then stretch some more. See an orthopod.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-08-2010, 5:44 AM Reply   
X2 on the fascitis.I had same symptoms.Streching and bindings with a better footbed cured mine.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-08-2010, 3:34 PM Reply   
we always called them stone bruises..mine went away when i got my closed toe bindings
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-08-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
I played some pretty high level soccer in the past, youth national teams, division 1 college and whatnot. I have very flat feet and ended up getting a pretty bad bone bruise on my heal and literally couldn't rest it because I had to play, I had custom made orthodics (basically an insole) that I put in all my cleats and running shoes, cleared up in no time and actually never happened again. I asked the same Dr. Not too long ago if I could get a set made that were waterproof for my bindings, he informed me the ones I have for my cleats and running shoes are waterproof and would work in my bindings. So I'm giving that a try this year. My feet cramp up in ANY bindings I wear because my effing feet are so flat. Hopefully this will change that. Any orthopedist can make them for you. They just take a mold of your footprint and make the insole.

(Message edited by sippi on February 08, 2010)
Old     (bradmo42)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-08-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
make sure your binding is still stitched up everywhere. I had stitching and glue come apart on the outside of my front foot which led to me landing on the hard plastic rather than the footbed.. they were 07 or 08 watsons i think..

oh and it hurt like a mother for like 3 weeks until i figured out what the problem was
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2010, 6:07 PM Reply   
yeah i get them. i dont know what to do either. i ended up with one Saturday morning after a night of drinking. how the heck does that happen? And no i was not jumping off stuff
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       02-08-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
glad im not the only one, thought it might be plantar fasciitis but it doesnt seem to be because it doesnt hurt at all when I stretch it. It really feels like a deep bruise right inside the heel. Might get that appointment with a doc since this has been going on for so bloody long!
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
Maybe a bone bruise? The only way to find out for sure would probably be an MRI.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2010, 7:53 PM Reply   
if you do let me know, next time i get it i might go to the doctor on campus. i don't get why they occur but they do and they hurt really bad. it really does feel like the bone gets bruised
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-08-2010, 8:12 PM Reply   
if you think it is a bone bruise, theres a couple supplements you can take:

#1: Glucosamine/Chondroitin & MSM (takes 1-3 months to work)

#2: Bone Builder by GREENS +

They really do work!