Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-13-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
I just bought this DVD earlier in the week, and I'm curious what the story is behind the swamped/sunk Malibu in the bonus features. I searched on here and Google and couldn't find anything.

I'd like to hear to the full story/details on it; or read a past post if anyone can point me in the right direction.

BTW - What a great DVD, 2 thumbs up.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-13-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
It was towed from the bow behind a houseboat and no one was paying attention as water start coming in.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-13-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
It was all because of the rainbow bridge curse! don't walk under da bridge folks
Old     (401wakerider)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-13-2008, 6:29 PM Reply   
they left the ballast in
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
A Malibu employee now owns it after a thorough replacement of everything on the interior.

They left the bow ballast full and I believe it was pretty windy.

I want to say that Shane was the smart one and filled the fat sacks with air to get the boat back up.

It was submerged for quite a while which is why Colin H had to go find all the cushions, lifejackets, etc.

Jaret B can also shed some light on this subject. He was the poor soul that had to take it back to Malibu as he was driving the bus for that TAA (Trip Across America). They were not happy.

Actually, Jaret's whole trip can be an entire thread. He has some great stories of his adventures. He got a "few" parking tickets and at one point, he was woken up by an officer when the bus rolled into an intersection at night while he was sleeping. Pretty sure he got a ticket for that one too.

(Message edited by cavlxenvy on September 13, 2008)
Old     (ian_ashton)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-13-2008, 8:49 PM Reply   
Thats pretty intense; I'm sure that must have been a tense call to Malibu, lol.
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-14-2008, 5:11 AM Reply   
Not to long ago I got a chance to ride with Henshaw. Apparently it was both Shane and Henshaw who left the sacks full while they were towin the boat and I guess the boat took on water and it just dove. Shane ran up to Henshaw who was driving and told him what was goin on. When they backed off the throtle they looked back and saw the boat slowly float up. Pretty funny.

And I dont think it is all that bad for malibu. Because Henshaw said they rode for the rest of the week behind the boat. Shows that malibu builds a solid boat ahaha.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-15-2008, 3:53 PM Reply   
they all ended up here in discovery bay while they waited for malibuu to do a few repairs so they could continue their trip. wasnt bad from what i heard. no major damage. flushed the engine and it was pretty much ready to go. i dont even think they had any electrical damage at all.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-15-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
The "extras" section of the dvd explains the tribal curse
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
Bad gugu..