Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-27-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Alright, so the last time I changed my impeller I thought I might have figured something out. I had noticed a couple trips before my last impeller went out that I had seen bubbles in the small 1/8" clear tubing coming off my exhaust and heading down to the shaft packing I believe. A few trips later I about melted my exhaust tubes...smoke everywhere!
Then I put in the new impeller and the clear tubing stays 100% full with no bubbles going through it.
Well that was about 1-1/2 years ago. Sunday I was out and warming the boat up at the dock. I checked the engine to make sure everything was flowing like it should. I noticed some bubbles in that clear line again...I idled the boat up a little and was able get them out. But I think this is a tell tail sign that the impeller is on its last leg.
So I yanked the pump last night because the anticipation was killing me. Sure enough it looked pretty beat up. I really think this is a good thing to look out for guys...beware of the bubbles!
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-27-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
I have no clear tubes...the only bubbles near my boat are the ones that come out of me underwater.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-27-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
Yeah... what clear tube? Where is it located?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-27-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
Must be his bong!
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-27-2008, 12:39 PM Reply   
HA HA! Well on my boat its on the drivers side exhaust manifold. There is a rubber hose that has a fitting that has a small barb on it that a clear tubing is attached to and the tube runs down to the bottom of the boat. I THINK ITS THE TUBE THAT FEEDS THE SHAFT PACKING SEAL. Maybe it only on Mercruiser engines...or Centurions??? I dont know, just trying to help folks not have a bad day on the lake or spend extra $$$ after they burn up thier engine.
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-27-2008, 12:43 PM Reply   
that tube would be for a dripless packing...most boats probably don't have...
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-27-2008, 12:44 PM Reply   
Nevermind

(Message edited by jmanolinsky on August 27, 2008)