Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2008, 9:08 AM Reply   
A while ago I posted this problem. And while the right fix is the solenoid working to disenguage the brakes..that seems to be a crap shoot with this trailer even though the dealer checked it and says it works. So I have resorted back to using the manual pin in the slide to back up. Well my brakes are pretty tight and 3/8" that it still slides back puts enough pressure on brakes still with an empty trailer to flip that damn axle over...ARgh!!! Well I owe it to my little bro who found the perfect piece. We used the back of a lock from a 95 camero T-top and it fits within a 1/16". Not the proper way...but you cant argue with results. Some wire checking is in my future but at least now we can wedge that in there and completly disenguage the brakes. Made for a much nicer saturday.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Did you try flipping the trailer plug upside down and turning on your headlights when you want to back up??

I am assuming you have a 5 pin straight plug from the trailer and a 4 pin straight plug on your tow vehicle.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
I have tried it all. My plug from the truck works. I have tested it multiple times. Put it in reverse and the fifth wire that goes to the brake solenoid lights up...in my mind I shouldnt have to do anything else as far as getting power to the solenoid..maybe I am wrong..
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-21-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Sounds like the solenoid is shot to me. It should lock out. Congrats on the ghetto fix. I flip mine because I am too lazy to get an adapter plug.
Old     (05elitevc4)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-21-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
I have also been thinking about making shackles that are slighly longer so that it will be harder to flip...it will make the trailer sit lower (not stoked about that) but I think that would make it not possible to flip. Im sure I will fix it properly but I think this would work too.
Old     (sound_illusions)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
Hey Sean take your tester and test the blue wire going into the Selenoid. I have seen them et pinched and cut due to folding tongues on the front of trailers. The other day I came across a trailer that had just come from dealer and to our shop and the blue wire was never hooked up from the factory.