Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (burke)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
I picked up a 3DS last year and I've been having a lot of trouble spinning the board loose for surface tricks. It comes with 1.1" A wing metal fins.

I'm curious if anybody has put the smaller A wing or P wing fins on this board. Did it help?
Old     (chrism4668)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-07-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
I have heard this done alot swaping out for a smaller a wing and have neard that it works really well. I may be wrong but Malonoski swapped his out for some thing alot smaller maybe the 0.7 a wing or even smaller
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-07-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
0.8 P wings is how this board is supposed to be ridden. Plain and simple. Ever since the TFD days.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-07-2008, 9:47 PM Reply   
i had the 08 p wings they were super loose almost like nothing there. I just changed them out and put o7 A wings. I havent got a chance to ride it yet
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-08-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
.8's are the preferred fin.

I said it last week and i'll say it again. RIDE THE BOARD FINLESS. The rail locks in and it teaches you to EDGE not point your board at the wake.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-08-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
.8 P-wings...the rounded ones. It was a little loose at first for me, but it is SO much better than the 1.1's that come with that board. Chances are your edging needs some work if the .8's are still too loose after you get used to it.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-08-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
Most people don't ride well enough to put a small fin on so that's why the board comes with 1.1 fins. When you are good enough the board rides way better with the .8 or .7 fins. I used to be a big advocate of riding completely finless but this year have changed my opinion of that and think that you need some fin especially for blind landing tricks and mobes
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
I have .8's on mine, and it makes riding so much better. Butterslides and surface tricks are now completely possible to do without catching an edge.
Old     (luke_j)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
jason, I wouldn't say that skill has too much to do with it. Its all preference. As for landing blind and such, if you land properly on edge, your whole board acts like a fin, and you shouldn't need much help from the fins. I ride my Ibex finless even when im not hitting rails, namely because I hate having to wait so long to spin on it.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
get the .07's for it. i was riding them on mine and loved it but then found my new love. her name is the Tribute hahaha.
Old     (burke)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to look for some deals on the smaller fins.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-08-2008, 10:34 PM Reply   
luke- i spent the last 4 years riding the roam as my only board and never touched another board until this year. im pretty sure i know what im talking about. i understand what your saying, but if you want to go big into the flats, while landing blind, your gonna need a little bit of bite to be consistant.