Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-19-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
For those of you owners that have the MB or Centurion "Quick-Fill" flooding ballast system, I have a question.

Does your system eventually end up filling even if you do not open the gates?

Mine does and I really prefer that it doesn't fill unless I open the gate. My kids are intimidated by the larger wake and it is harder to dial in the ballast for surfing if it is constantly filling.

Is there something wrong? I am still under warranty and I can have the dealer fix it, if it is not working properly.

Just looking for your experience, Thanks!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-19-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
mine does not fill unless the gates are open. there is definitely something wrong. Do the tanks empty if you stay on plane for a while?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-19-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
if they are working correctly you shouldn't get any water in the tanks. Actually it doesn't make any sense all. Even if for some reason the gates got stuck open(all or part way) they would empty when you get on plane. There isn't actually a way for the tanks to fill and stay full unless you are opening them and then closing before taking off.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-19-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
I have checked the functionality of both gates and they appear to be working properly. The tanks will empty while open and underway.

I was out for about 3.5 hours on Saturday and never opened the gates. I have my wife open the gates when we load up, just to make sure everything is empty and I would say they were more than half full. Both tanks emptied about the same amount which tells me they are leaking at the same rate.

Your valves don't leak at all?
Old     (Griggs24)      Join Date: Oct 2013       05-19-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
I have a Epic and I noticed that my gates have a orange gasket on them. Mine work fine but if the gaskets were torn or gone I could see it leaking. Not sure how yours works but if you have gaskets I would start there.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-19-2014, 7:12 PM Reply   
I have a MB. Never had that happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-20-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
I had a Calabria and now a MB. Never had any issues with water leaking by the ballast gates. Wonder if maybe you have something in the seal that is not letting the gate close all the way.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-20-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
I'd call drainmaster. They are very helpful. What you are experiencing is not normal. If it were, we'd see RVs driving down the highway all the time leaking their black water tanks (the other implementation of these valves).
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-20-2014, 11:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input!

My dealer is ordering new o-rings and they are going to take care of it.
I love a good dealer!

Last edited by sprocketeer; 05-20-2014 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (trash4life)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-20-2014, 2:13 PM Reply   
I assume your dealer is Reboats? I agree, they are a good dealer. Mike at reboats is the reason I'm on my 3rd MB.
Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       05-21-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
Actually, I have a Supreme and I purchased it from Rogers Performance Marine. I didn't have any experience with them other than the sales cycle but the service side is looking great so far.