Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-15-2019, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrekart View Post
Do you have experience with Moombas? I don't really know much about them. The only thing I know is long term reputations, but in the short term any brand can go backward or forwards in quality.
Take a LONG look at the Moomba MAX, 22'6" and your budget will put you pretty dang new. Wakeboards really well and you wont beleive the surf. In UT we have a 2018 thats loaded for $76k and still 6 years warranty. It's a pretty simple boat when it comes to bling but it's a work horse. Autowake will really help the wife and I feel it sets itself apart from anybody else in it's class.

https://www.slcboats.com/default.asp...OwnedInventory
Old     (mrekart)      Join Date: Sep 2017       02-15-2019, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Take a LONG look at the Moomba MAX, 22'6" and your budget will put you pretty dang new. Wakeboards really well and you wont beleive the surf. In UT we have a 2018 thats loaded for $76k and still 6 years warranty. It's a pretty simple boat when it comes to bling but it's a work horse. Autowake will really help the wife and I feel it sets itself apart from anybody else in it's class.

https://www.slcboats.com/default.asp...OwnedInventory
Thanks. I am seeing a lot of love for Moomba on here.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-17-2019, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Autowake will really help the wife and I feel it sets itself apart from anybody else in it's class.
With everyone I know turning it off, and the fact that no other boat company has added it....... I don’t really think Autowake is something that sets them apart.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-17-2019, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
With everyone I know turning it off, and the fact that no other boat company has added it....... I don’t really think Autowake is something that sets them apart.

Not true. I use it all the time—off or on. The sensors and automation are great. It hasn’t been added to other manufacturers as it is very proprietary and heavily protected.

It’s a sweet system. Very worth it. I run it with big crews 100%.
Old     (Matt0520)      Join Date: Feb 2019       02-17-2019, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post

People turn it off because they try to be smarter than the system and it doesn’t work right as a result. That, combined with dealers not being well-versed in the system, I think has lead to a some uneducated owners out there.

I think earlier versions of the system also needed a few seconds with the key switched to ‘accessory’ for the system to power on and zero the sensors or something like that.

Autowake has many patents. So there you go.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       02-17-2019, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt0520 View Post
People turn it off because they try to be smarter than the system and it doesn’t work right as a result. That, combined with dealers not being well-versed in the system, I think has lead to a some uneducated owners out there.

I think earlier versions of the system also needed a few seconds with the key switched to ‘accessory’ for the system to power on and zero the sensors or something like that.

Autowake has many patents. So there you go.

^^this.

I find it better off when I have a very small crew because I know exactly what I need with my boat. But, I am still checking it over and over to make sure that what I have set up is what it would run.

With a large crew, when overall weight does not matter, I turn it on because it can make nice little adjustments.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 02-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.