Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-01-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
So I was between buying my old boat back from my brother or a newer bigger Malibu.... I worked out a deal with my brother to buy 50% of the boat back and I'll cover the insurance ... So for $4000 + insurance I'll have my old 95' Supersport back at my house, couldn't justify 30k for the Malibu.

First thing I want to do is get a new tower on it to help give it a bit of a facelift.

Our current tower is an old (1st gen) FCT that has some custom tweaks to fit the 95' Supersport bow. The 95' have cupholders where 99.9% of towers mount (just in front of the windshield).

So because of this a "reverse" tower will probably be the easiest option.

I really like the Roswell AVX or Aviator ... my wife likes the AVX and it happens to be cheaper, so odds are that will be the choice.

Anyone have this tower ?.... with good or bad opinions on it?!

Tower in question - http://www.roswellwakeair.com/series...ers_AVX_tower/

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 12-01-2014 at 9:35 AM.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-01-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
I saw these towers are the Roswell Grand Opening event recently and was impressed. Roswell is doing some great things right now. Hit me up if you decide to go Roswell and i'll see if I can swing you a deal. The Aviator is sweet too though. But i get it on price. However that tower looks just bad a** on every install I've seen.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-01-2014, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Roswell is doing some great things right now. Hit me up if you decide to go Roswell and i'll see if I can swing you a deal.
I figure we'll go Roswell either way, just a matter of which tower ... if you want to shoot me an email with any pricing you would have on either the AVX or Aviator in Black - I would rather buy from you. My email is: tomsyckn@gmail.com

Quote:
However that tower looks just bad a** on every install I've seen.
Thats the problem! I love the look of it, it has the vibe of the newer nautique towers, which makes sense to try and modernize / facelift our older boat. Problem is convincing the wife. I also like they have the aviator installed on an older sport nautique as the online displays ...so at least I have a good idea of what it will look like.

Thanks!
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-01-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
No experience with either, but I like the looks of the Aviator better than the AVX. I also think the Aviator would look better on your Supersport.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-01-2014, 11:54 AM Reply   
I don't like the universal towers, the custom made towers are stronger and made to fit better. Just my opinion.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-02-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
email sent Nick.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-02-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
I honestly think that both towers are too modern for the 95 Super Sport
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2014, 9:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
I honestly think that both towers are too modern for the 95 Super Spo
I think it looks pretty good on this sport nautique, which is essentially the same boat

Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-02-2014, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I think it looks pretty good on this sport nautique, which is essentially the same boat

I agree!
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-02-2014, 10:07 AM Reply   
^^
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-02-2014, 12:19 PM Reply   
yeah, I guess it's just really different from the usual nautiques of that vintage. it's definitely a huge improvement to a Gen 1 FCT.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2014, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
eah, I guess it's just really different from the usual nautiques of that vintage.
I agree with that... you see a lot of Gen2 FCT , but the Aviator gives the vibe of the newer nautique towers, which I like.

I think a new tower will really make it look like a whole new boat.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 12-02-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-02-2014, 4:19 PM Reply   
What's that tower in the 2 pictures above? It's nice ... indeed!
It looks very nice on that boat.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-02-2014, 5:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
What's that tower in the 2 pictures above? It's nice ... indeed!
That one is the Roswell Aviator.

The first pic in the thread was of the AVX
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-03-2014, 4:37 AM Reply   
I would pass says you can only mount rosewell tower speakers which would mean no wetsounds. Take a look at the Samson sports arch tower way better quality and not a universal fit
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       12-03-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
Go aviator for your hull definitely.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-03-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
I would pass says you can only mount rosewell tower speakers which would mean no wetsounds.
We have a kicker setup with universal clamps (up to like 4" or something absurd) .... I'm happy with the kickers, they're plenty loud for what we need.

Quote:
way better quality and not a universal fit
Any facts to back up the better quality? .... enough proof to overturn how crazy ugly it is?
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-03-2014, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
I would pass says you can only mount rosewell tower speakers which would mean no wetsounds. Take a look at the Samson sports arch tower way better quality and not a universal fit
If you had seen an Aviator or AVX tower in person i doubt you would say this. Samson is great, and has very high quality products but so does Roswell.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-05-2014, 5:15 AM Reply   
Not sure how you can think the Samson tower is ugly. As for quality guess you will have to take my word for it. I have seen just about every tower out there and as far as quality goes they are the best. Each towers is made to fit the boat and is not universal fit. The welds are by far the best of any tower maker in business today. I am not a fan boy this if my professional opinion. I have made my living for the last 25 years as a union pipe fitter/ welder /weld inspector so I cant help but look at how the towers are made. JMTC
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-05-2014, 5:21 AM Reply   
Also Nick make sure you read the small print at the bottom of the Roswell add it says you can only use there fixed mount speakers so if you like your kickers the add says you cant use them
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2014, 3:56 PM Reply   
Dollar for dollar this is the sampson tower that lines up:

The one you have posted is like $3k with zero options.

Quote:
Roswell add it says you can only use there fixed mount speakers so if you like your kickers the add says you cant use them
I'll bet my next paycheck our kickers will work just fine. They'll grab on pipe (square or round) up to 4".

Quote:
The welds are by far the best of any tower maker in business today.
Sampson is the company that did the original Epic tower correct? While I was in AZ one winter, we popped two welds over the span of 3 months (same spot) on two different towers.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 12-05-2014 at 3:59 PM.