Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    d_fresh            02-20-2010, 4:26 AM Reply   
I have decided not to host anymore rail jams. I have an "A" frame slider built on a pontoon. Asking $500.
Upload
The main part will fit on a pontoon trailer. The ends are removed and will need a large truck, like a step van to haul them. There are more detail pics a www.wlwake.com
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-20-2010, 4:49 AM Reply   
Sure wish you lived closer... $500 is a freaking steal!! Im having a hard enough time trying to find just a Pontoon Boat under $1000!

CH
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-20-2010, 7:23 AM Reply   
^ I concur... $500 is an amazing deal
Old     (zoodsmak)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-20-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
Doug... I will be in contact! You have an awesome aframe that might find a home at placid wake park!
Old     (bakenwake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-20-2010, 9:29 AM Reply   
does that mean no walled lake beach party this year
Old     (mastercraftboarder)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-20-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
Whats shipping gonna cost... I would prefer overnight air...
Old     (wake_it_up)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-20-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Just a bit too far of a drive Such a good deal!
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-20-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
How does that thing trailer? With all the weight of the wood, does it start to fish tail behind you when going over like 40 mph.... Im VERY interested if I can get it back here to NC.

Thanks,
CH
Old    d_fresh            02-21-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
Upload
This is how it looks without the ends mounted. The ends will require a big truck, bigger than a pickup truck to haul. That is because there is a triple 2x6" beam that runs up the middle to support the cantilever ends that stick out beyond the ends of the pontoon tubes. Half of the beam is attached to the end and overlaps in the center. It is a beast, but solid in the water.
Old    d_fresh            02-21-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
This is how it looks without the ends mounted. The ends will require a big truck, bigger than a pickup truck to haul. That is because there is a triple 2x6" beam that runs up the middle to support the cantilever ends that stick out beyond the ends of the pontoon tubes. Half of the beam is attached to the end and overlaps in the center. It is a beast, but solid in the water.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
If it doesn't sell by the end of March I maybe interested... I just wouldn't have time to make the journey to go get it until then.

Would an F250 do the job?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-21-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
Oh and how easy would the wood frame detach from the pontoons?
Old     (wow4l)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-21-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
great deal please call I will buy (775) 315-2468 Thanks Doug
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-21-2010, 1:06 PM Reply   
Doug, I am going to be in Farmington Hills, MI during the months of October through December. Do people still ride in October in MI and do people ride around Farmington Hills? From google maps, it looks to be located in between Detroit and East Lansing. How far is the new cable going to be from me??
Old     (wakeborder5)      Join Date: Jun 2002       02-21-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
Kyle, Farmington Hills doesn't really have any water, but if you look at google maps, there are lots of lakes to the north. There are a good amount of wakeboarders on lakes like Cass Lake, Pine Lake and Elizabeth lake around the town of Keego Harbor, which is about 15 from FH. There are other lakes too. Problem is there isn't a huge presence on here. If you get in contact with people at Action Watersports, the Mastercraft dealer, who has a marina on Pine Lake and you might be able to hook up with some of the guys that work there.

I go to MSU and will prolly go home on a weekend or two in October to get a last few sets and could definitely give you some pulls then. I live on Commerce Lake which is prolly 20-25 minutes depending where u are in FH.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-21-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Ray!! I would love to take a set or two in Michigan just to say I did and am willing to drive whatever the distance. I am going to be at Botsford Hospital so I figure I will live somewhere close to it.
Old    d_fresh            02-21-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
Kyle, Walled Lake is the closest to Farmington Hills.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-21-2010, 2:59 PM Reply   
I would love to have that. Any chance you ahve any plans for it? would love to make one and tie it up to my dock. I ahve a small a frame, but I've always thought of building one on a pontoon
Old    d_fresh            02-23-2010, 4:21 AM Reply   
Congrats to Doug Lippincott for purchasing the slider. Looks like it will be finding a new home with a new Sesitec 2.0 system!!!
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       02-23-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
Kyle, we ride into November/December and should be within an hour drive for you. Thank god for Drysuits.