Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-05-2011, 7:38 AM Reply   
Looking to get a new board. Right now I'm riding a Trip 138 that I got used. I took the center fins out, but it seemed a little loose, so I put some 1" fins back in it. How does the groove ride? I'm New to wakeboarding and just doing HS w2w and trying to learn TS W2W and surface 180s. Don't wan to drop $ on an expensive board thats too loose for me. I do want a bigger rocker than the trip. Does the groove ride real loose or does it track ok. Don't want it real loose or real tight. Any input is helpful. Thanks.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-05-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Oh. The reason I'm looking for a new board is I want a bigger board. 142 or 144. I'm 6ft. tall and weight about 185.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-05-2011, 7:44 AM Reply   
You will definitely like the ride of a larger board.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-05-2011, 11:16 AM Reply   
any board suggestions? What about the LF Groove? Anyone ridden the Groove? How does it ride compared to the Trip?
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-05-2011, 5:04 PM Reply   
Also looking at the CWB Absolute.
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-05-2011, 6:52 PM Reply   
Hey, I ride a groove and I love it, but it can be quite loose at times, and isn't always 100% predictable. Given what you've said about your riding level, I'm not sure you will be completely happy with it. You might find something else a bit easier to progress on?
Old     (loudsubz)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-05-2011, 7:52 PM Reply   
I also ride a groove (142). I came from a Ronix Frontier 142 and also tried my brothers Ronix Mana 142. The groove is alot of fun, but it can be squirly if your not used to riding on edge.

If you like a loose board that is alot of fun for surface tricks it is def a contender.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-06-2011, 4:30 AM Reply   
What about the Watson Classic? I could use a small center fin if too loose at first then progress to removing the fin if needed.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       09-06-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
I would prefer to call the board forgiving rather than loose. Not as loose as the LF Lyman, IMHO. The board is pretty quick and has good, consistant pop. Lands a bit harder than my old Shane, but I mainly ride W2W to protect my old knees. Props to my friend, Alice, for the recommendation! My second favorite board of all time, after my old LF Fish.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-07-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
Here is what I want in a board. Subtle or hybrid 3 stage rocker. Molded or removable side fins. Removable center fin...just in case I need it. Side channels, so I can edge off the middle of the board (I seem to ride more flat...not back foot heavy). Around a 142 in size. Dont want it too squirly when not on edge, but still able to do surface spins easily. Lots of pop. Soft landings. Too much to ask? The local shop is limitted in available boards for demo. Im going tomorrow to see what they have.
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-07-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
I like the looks of the CWB Absolute and the LF Watson classic.