Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-16-2015, 5:36 PM Reply   
So I was able to get out on a buddy's Tige Z3 yesterday Holy cow was that surf wake fun. I was also able to ride his "boat" board which is a 2010 Inland Surfer Carbon Swallow as well as his 14 Keenan Pro. I think that has convinced me I just need to drop some coin and pony up for the big boys. I didt;t care for the Keeenan at all way to much work for me and i am far from a pro, but the Swallow was a blast.

My question is what has the evolution of this board entailed and has their been any major changes from his 2010 to 2015. I liked the speed of this board and the ability to carve. Was starting to get some airs(although i wouldn't call them airs) down. Any other board I should be considering in their line? Looks like the 15 Swallow is sold out on Inland's page, but I can probably find one elsewhere.

I am 6ft 185lbs super athletic
Going to be riding on a 2008 SANTE mostly (new hull so respectable wake)

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-16-2015 at 5:39 PM.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-18-2015, 12:11 PM Reply   
-Super athletic
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-18-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
super athletic translates to dad bod.lol.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-22-2015, 3:33 PM Reply   
Ha. Now that I read that comment over....... Sounds funny as heck. .......... Insert profile pic ........hahahahahaha ha. Just meant I can handle some challenges and push a board if I have too.

Dad bod. I can only imagined what that is.

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-22-2015 at 3:35 PM.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-22-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
No offense to Inland surfer... but if you are going to pony up for a nicer board, get yourself a custom board. Check out companies like

Soulcraft
Doomswell
Mendonesia
Chaos

I rode a Inland surfer swallow quad for a couple years and wish I would have gotten a custom board sooner. I mean it does ok for everyone but not amazing for you... Kinda like All Season tires...they do ok but never great for any set of conditions.

They will customize the board for your size, skill, wake size...

Personally our school rides for Soulcraft and we are a touch biased but any of the above companies will put out a qood quality fun surf board for almost the same money as an inland... If you have any questions shoot me a pm.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-23-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
look at the inland surfer sweet spot. similar to the swallow, but tad more advanced.

also look at doomswell, bigstep
Old     (skibumsd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-25-2015, 11:01 AM Reply   
I have the sweet spot and love it. Mostly rode hyperlight broadcast up till I bought the sweet spot and man is it faster!
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-25-2015, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibumsd View Post
I have the sweet spot and love it. Mostly rode hyperlight broadcast up till I bought the sweet spot and man is it faster!
Try a custom and you will hate your sweet spot lol