Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-03-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
So ladies, what do you do after wakeboarding season?

I'm going to feel lost after wakeboarding since March and now I have nothing to do!!!

What are your other hobbies??
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-03-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
You are in Central Texas...Butch up, Lady!! :-D

There is rarely a month where I don't go riding at least once! There isn't an "after wakeboarding season"! Especially now that we live in Florida! Although, I've only been out twice in the last 6 weeks! It wasn't due to weather though.

I will likely be riding New Year's Day in Austin, as it is a tradition for a few of us no matter how cold it is.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-03-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
well, I don't mind the cold, but b/f said boat is done for now. He has many repairs and whatnot.............

I'll see if I can catch a ride with someone!!! :-)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
snowboard
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-04-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
I think I'm going to get on the tampoline and try jumps/flips!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-06-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
Kat's right...you live in Texas for cryin' out loud!! I rode today after work...had to don the Chamber...water was probably 60 but air was 85. Can't turn down this SoCal weather. I am trying to ride once a week since I am just back from the fracture. But I usually work with my personal trainer, snowboard, and do trampoline training in the winter. It is so important to keep your core strength in the winter.

Kat....I did a lot of blind 180 drills today and went w2w...I was a little worried the first time but no problem...even did it without fins!! Nothing like an injury to make you appreciate riding!!!!
Old     (caco)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-12-2008, 2:17 AM Reply   
Snowboard and swimming (I love it as it helps to keep strong arms and shoulders but it is softer on the knees than many other sports) but I would love to practice on a trampoline...
Old     (heyshortie)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-14-2008, 11:48 PM Reply   
Def snowboarding and if it's not raining I ride my sportbike. Paintballing is a blast too, and can be even more fun if it IS raining! (Just so long as it's turf outdoors).
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-27-2008, 7:55 AM Reply   
skiing and snowboarding for me, and working out at the gym. my crew talked about hitting the water today (T-day), but since the high is supposed to be 42, well . . not so much!!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-05-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
Still wakeboard! Who says there has to be an off-season anyway? That's what wetsuits and drysuits are for! Typically you have glassy water all day too.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-05-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
I agree, Becky!!! Hard to believe someone in Texas has an off season...I never did in Austin. lol Come on, Audrey!! I'll be in the Austin area for New Year's and we will ride on Jan 1st. Come on Down!
Old     (beckycarter)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-11-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
Yay for chicks that REALLY ride
Old     (cpizzle)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-12-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
If anyone wants a pull in SoCal, let me know. We go every weekend pretty much through the winter and it's by far the best time to ride. We're even campin this weekend and it supposed to rain! Summer's the "off season" for us as far as ridin goes.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-17-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
Audrey...You brave enough to ride in the cold climate? If so, we'll be out Dec 30th & 31st out West of Austin in Spicewood, TX.
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-18-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Hi Kat!!!

Thanks for the invite, however I just had surgery , so I'm out for at least 6 weeks.

I haven't wakeboarded in awhile, but it's only because I am focusing on my dance career. I'm a full time dance teacher so that comes first, plus my boy winterized his boat so there went my ride.

Have fun in Austin. I so wished I could do this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to watch you ride though, maybe I can at least do that!!!!!!

Email me SunsetOrangeTa@hotmail.com