Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-15-2009, 12:08 PM Reply   
Got some new shoes for the rig:
Upload

Also, looking to off my old stock wheels... I'll make a good deal for a fellow wakeworlder. Wheels are the factory 20X8's. I've got them listed on Craigslist for $800 right now. Perfect condition. Tires are around 20%:
Upload
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-15-2009, 12:16 PM Reply   
Nice they look really good!!
Old    K.B.C.            10-15-2009, 12:35 PM Reply   
NICE, looking good bud!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-15-2009, 12:43 PM Reply   
Thanks guys... It was time for something different.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-15-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
looks good !......hows it sound?........lol
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-15-2009, 1:03 PM Reply   
jk....What tire is that?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-15-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
It's a Dunlop Radial Rover M/T. Pretty quiet for a mud terrain and got good reviews. So far I'm happy with them. Only moderately louder than stock.

Funny you should ask about sound. I just redid the Sub end of the system a couple weeks ago. Had to countersink my Comp VR into the box so it wasn't firing directly into the back seat. At the same time I changed out the amp for a Alpine 600 watt mono-block. Turned out pretty good for a hacked in sub and it's totally hidden. Trouble is that you've gotta pull the whole interior to do it. Front seats, rear seat, consoles... Not very user friendly for installs. Now I've just gotta get a better I-pod interface and I'll be dialed.

That said... It sounds nothing like our boat. LOL!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-15-2009, 10:49 PM Reply   
What's that an 07? Are you running the stock HU? I can't be certain but it looks like you have Satellite on there but if you don't there are a few interfaces that allow you to tie into the AUX inputs. I don't prefer the ones that you can control it with the HU and redundant controls but a simple RCA to 3.5 works well.

Oh yeah rims look great.

(Message edited by hate&pain on October 15, 2009)
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-15-2009, 11:42 PM Reply   
looks pimp brotha, nicely done.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-16-2009, 1:40 AM Reply   
HHHmmmmm...Should I downsize from my 315's.
Old    mendo247            10-16-2009, 9:21 AM Reply   
Looks killer Evan!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-16-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Man I love that truck. I like that it isn't lifted and could actually be driven in the city if need be. I also love the white and the rims look great.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-16-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Yeah... My truck gets used for truck stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love lifted trucks, but I'm feeling my age these days and don't need the extension that the lift provides. LOL! I need to be able to load the bed for dump runs and dirtbike trips with ease.

Hate, It's a '06 with the stock HU. When I did the stereo the first time I couldn't find anything available for the i-pod, so I did a built in FM modulator (which is junk), now I understand there are controllers available that go into the Aux or CD changer port. I think I'll be going that route when I get around to popping the front off the dash again. If you've got one in particular that you like I'd love to see a link to it. I was looking at Crutchfield.

Incidently... I was going back and forth on tire/wheel size. I ended up with a 20X9 with the stock 275/65-20. They end up being 34" overall height and the rims are 1" wider than stock with almost all of it to the outside of the rim. I really ended up liking the look/fit. No rubbing at all.

My boss just did wheels on his '06, too. He did 20X10 with 315/55-20. I really don't like the look on his truck. The wider tire is cool, but there is far too much offset to the outside. I'd be cool with it if he did 35's and a lift, but his tires worked out to be 33' tall and they look a bit goofy with the offset. He's already looking for mud flaps, too.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-17-2009, 3:49 PM Reply   
Maybe I missed it, but what kind of rim is that? Set up looks mean. I'm trying to figure out what to put on my 09 250....any suggestions?
Chris
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-19-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
They're Mamba M1's. I ended up with them because I have a wholesale account with Tire Rack. I really liked some KMC's also. I would have gone that way had I not gotten the deal that I did.

Personally I think the 20X9's fit really well. Lug pattern is 8 on 170. Try www.tirepackage.com , they've got a ton of options.