Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    Kevin123            07-26-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Hi! Im new to wakeworld and plan on buying my first inboard. I'm looking for the best direct drive for strictly wakesurfing. I heard the heavier the boat is (less ballast then) and the deeper the v in the hull the better the wake we'll be... I think either an old tige such as a 21i or 22i would be good because there heavy boats and don't have a totally flat hull (any other direct drives that are heavier and have a deeper v then them?)/(better wakesurf boat). What dd would be better than an old tige? Let me know if you've surfed any old direct drives with success? Budject under 15k with a little wiggle room.
Old     (retoxtony)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-26-2017, 1:17 PM Reply   
Supra Sunsport. Thats about as good as it gets for a DD surf boat. You should be able to find one for well under your your budget.
Old    Kevin123            07-26-2017, 3:09 PM Reply   
Yes I've heard those are good but would be open to other options too that are just as good or better
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-26-2017, 3:58 PM Reply   
Malibu sunsetter LX
Old    Kevin123            07-26-2017, 4:36 PM Reply   
Yes I've heard people have surfed those too! Anybody have any thoughts about the old tiges like 21i? Or any other dd surf boats that are super good?
Old    Kevin123            07-27-2017, 9:47 AM Reply   
Anyone have a 21i or similar tige that they have surfed?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-27-2017, 11:38 AM Reply   
You could probably find an older Vdrive in that price range as well . Seems like a Vdrive would be a better place to start .
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-27-2017, 6:48 PM Reply   
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/forum.php

Quite a few DD owners over here that surf.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       07-28-2017, 5:45 AM Reply   
Man if you wanna buy that pos tige then go buy it. You're gonna be a goonie ass wakesurfer anyhow. You ask a question get good answers and totallly ignore them cuz you obviously want to get a tige tramp stamp real bad. Look for a sun sport.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       07-28-2017, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog78 View Post
Man if you wanna buy that pos tige then go buy it. You're gonna be a goonie ass wakesurfer anyhow. You ask a question get good answers and totallly ignore them cuz you obviously want to get a tige tramp stamp real bad. Look for a sun sport.
You know when you make posts like this you sound like a 16 year old keyboard warrior right?
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-30-2017, 2:21 PM Reply   
+1 for sunsport. I am biased because the Supra Sunsport was my first boat, but can't beat the surf wake on that thing if u specifically want a DD. I have referred multiple people to the sunsport and NEVER dissappoints.
Old     (GoBeavs85)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-30-2017, 9:06 PM Reply   
With a suck gate you can get a direct drive to surf these days. I have a 98 mb 190. Nice big trunk for a ballast bag. I only have a 500lb one in my trunk and the trunk is only have full when the bag is filled. Would love to try a custom sack w more weight, or at least as much as I could get in the boat. Here are a couple pics with a suckgate, 3 adults, and 5 kids. Actually didn't fill the ballast this day because we were riding low and didn't want to risk anything w small kids on board. It's not a big wave but it has just barely enough push. For $8,000 I got a boat that kinda surfs and has a great slalom wake. Most importantly it got us out on the water as a family 4-5 years sooner than a more expensive boat.