Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-05-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hey guys i need to find 2 hyperlite shank fins for not an insane amount of money like $40 for 2 fins.

Theyre going out of production for 09 so if anyone has any or knows where to get some (not ebay, already checked there), let me know.

Also if you know of a different fin that has the same kind of feel thats cool too, let me know.
Old     (burtis323)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-05-2008, 10:22 PM Reply   
i've got a set of shank fins and byerly blunts too, if you would like them. not used, just a few scratches from floating around on the work bench. how about 2 sets for 50? let me know, i have a few sets. thanks-
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-06-2008, 3:28 AM Reply   
if you can do one set for $25 ill take em
i only need one set
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
Damn 50 bucks for fins!!!!

If i had some id give em to you brotha... but all i got is gator fins floatin around
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-07-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
what size fins are they scooter...if theyre loose kinda fins like .7" or something send em over man!!!
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-07-2008, 9:02 PM Reply   
they are 1 inchers man... those work?
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-08-2008, 7:12 AM Reply   
nah those are the ones that i already have.
i know its a wierd fin setup but it works like a dream for my style of riding...im trying to get 4 shank fins for my ronix covin board, and the old ones are 1 inchers.
I just didnt like how locked in it was, and the shank fins are the perfect balance of hold, loose when flat, and release off the wake for me.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-14-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
wwuuuurrrddd. well good luck findin those man
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 12:05 AM Reply   
Shank fins are not discontinued for 2009. You should be able to get these from you local shop. I can help direct you to the nearest shop or you can use the dealer locater on the new Hyperlite site.

Corey @ Hyperlite
Old     (player138)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-15-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
Are shank fins .7? If so what's the difference between those and the a or p wings (I forget which it is) that hyperlite makes in .7? I'm actually looking at getting other fins for my Covin as well... I'm not a fan of the 1.0s that came on it either.
Old     (kylepower8)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
The shank fins arent .7" hyperlite makes a wing .7" and p wing .8" and i wish i had some to help you out man
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-15-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
Are those the ones on their wakeskates? If so I might have some for ya.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 3:28 PM Reply   
This is the Shank Fin. I am not sure on the exact measurement, but it is probably around .6" and it has triangle profile instead of average thin profile.
Upload
This is the A-wing comes in a variety of sizes starting at .7" This fin will give you better tracking than other fins of the same depth because of the A shape to it. There is also deeper versions of this fin in plastic instead of aluminum.
Upload
This is the P wing. There is a variety of sizes starting at .8" These fins will release easier than the A-wings but still give you tracking. There is also Sub VI and Blunt fins that are a little smaller and shorter fins. I could not find a picture of these fins though. Blunts are black and Sub VI are polished with no markings.
Upload
Every fin will give you a different ride on the same board. Some people ride finless, some people ride different fins than what came standard on their board, and some people will change fins from set to set to accomplish different things. Choosing the correct fin can help you progress faster. I know I will switch up the fins on my surf depending on what I want to do. You should be able to go into your local shop and they will have or be able to get the fin that you need. Many shops will also have fins that they will rent/demo out. If they don't have fins in stock have them give me a call mon-fri and I will set them up. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Corey @ Hyperlite

P.S. These are just a few of the fins that I have. I have buckets of old fins and out of production fins. Any time you think that parts no longer exist please have your local shop give me a call, or you can call Corey @ Hyperlite, or you can send me an email at coreym@hosports.com and I can look around and see if I can find it. The only part I know I don't have is binding overlays for bindings that were made in 2005 and before. Hope this answers a majority of your questions. Thanks.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
really..the guy at OWC told me they werent making the shank fin anymore, and they were really hard to find.

Im just trying to find some a little less expensive than the ones in stores..$20 per fin is a little excessive in my opinion.

If anyone has any just sitting around that they dont use anymore and doesnt want to charge an insane amount of money for them let me know.
Old     (coreym)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-15-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
I sent you a PM with some options, or you can have your guy at OWC call me and I will give him some options too. Pretty sure one way or another you will find what you are looking for.