Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-20-2014, 8:35 PM Reply   
Totally stumped on this one. For some reason my rev 10s loose about 70% of their highs, my in boats turn down about 30% and my subs about 50% after running 3/4 volume anything over a hour or so of play time.

What I've checked: my gains on all my amps are literally almost completely turned down set at 10-15% max. So I don't think it's clipping. When the problem occurs I've checked the voltage at my battery's and my amps. Both show exactly the same voltage ( 12.6v - 12.8v ) none of the amps are going into pertect mode nor are they getting hot, amps are literally cold. I've switched between using my 3.5 on my 420sq and using my aux imput on my head unit. One is no better than the other. Nothing gets turned over 3/4 volume, iPod, head unit or 420.

My equipment: inboats 6 jl 7.7s powered by 2 jl hd amps 600/4
Tower 6 rev 10s powered by 3 jl hd amps 750/1
Subs 2 kicker 15 L7 8 cu ft sealed box powed by 2 jl hd amps 1200/1
Head unit cdm5 and 420sq
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-20-2014, 8:38 PM Reply   
Also running 12 6v golf cart battery's
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-21-2014, 6:27 AM Reply   
Could be the EQ mine just took a dump
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-21-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
thats what i was thinking, but I've never had any problems with a wet sounds eq. what was your symptoms Harold? has anyone else had a bad eq?
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-21-2014, 7:34 AM Reply   
Seems like every other stereo troubleshoot post is about a bad eq. Happens all the time.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-21-2014, 7:40 AM Reply   
is there a way to diagnose a bad eq?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-21-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
Rob mine showed no symptoms it just died. We were on vacation and the EQ lost power tried to replace the fuse and it blew each time. Checked the power and ground and both were good. Had to run my RCA cables to the deck to get by for the trip. I think my EQ has a short to ground inside the EQ working on getting it covered under warranty. With our season as short as it is it is a bad situation to be in.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-21-2014, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Rob mine showed no symptoms it just died. We were on vacation and the EQ lost power tried to replace the fuse and it blew each time. Checked the power and ground and both were good. Had to run my RCA cables to the deck to get by for the trip. I think my EQ has a short to ground inside the EQ working on getting it covered under warranty. With our season as short as it is it is a bad situation to be in.

I had one that kept blowing fuses. And had it replaced. Good as gold now!
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-21-2014, 10:22 AM Reply   
Harold.....mine did the same thing. Drove me nuts ( it would play for about and hour ) I chased wires and for a week. Finally took it out and its getting replaced now but they seem to be way behind in production or something, my new one has been on order for 2 weeks.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-21-2014, 2:39 PM Reply   
WS-420's aren't on back order as far as I know. They came off of backorder a month or so ago, but shouldn't be behind now.

Robby, you're problem isn't the same as Harolds. His doesn't work, and it sounds like yours still does. It could be that your's is clipping. I noticed with certain music my Rev10's will do the same, but I turn it down all the way, then back up to a "lower than before" level, and it's fine. It doesn't matter where the volume is because you're system is tuned by you, and not us. If the pre-amp comes in, then it's working properly.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-21-2014, 4:45 PM Reply   
Don't think it's clipping. All 3 zones loose volume. Not loosing voltage. I've ran this exact stereo set up before on my last x80 and I never had any issues like this.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-22-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
Have you checked all of your connections and voltage at the 420 and HU? Before and after the problem occurs?
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-22-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
connections yes voltage no. they are both getting their voltage from the same source, which is my stereo bank. i don't see how they could loose voltage and not my amps. non the less thats something that i haven't checked, and probably should.