Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Becks62)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-26-2014, 6:56 PM Reply   
I'm looking at upgrading to a new advanced surf board since I can't demo any I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. ( I'm 6.4 250lbs)
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-27-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
Get in touch with Jeff at Soulcraft .Sounds like a custom Da Honu is the board for you at your size .lots of volume in the tail so a guy your size can get away with a shorter board .
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-27-2014, 8:14 AM Reply   
Surf style, skim style, what boat do you use, is the wave dialed in (nice wave with lots of push), is the wave wash (not a lot of push). Lots of factors to be taken into consideration
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       10-27-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
^This. We need more info on the type of riding you do and what you're riding behind.
You can get a lot of info on a lot of boards, including the Da Honu on my board review thread.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802086
I hope that provides some helpful insight.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-27-2014, 9:02 AM Reply   
Agreed. Soulcraft makes some awesome boards.

Don't overlook Doomswell though. They are every bit the top tier board. Brock is awesome and will make sure you're taken care of and in a board that will work for you. They end up costing a little less than a comparable Soulcraft, so that never hurts. I have a Nubstep and love it.

For you, I would look into the Bigstep. I bet that would be perfect.

http://www.doomswell.com/wakesurfboa...48-hybrid-tail
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
^^^^^ Yep Doomswell is the way to go

PM sent Rob
Old     (Becks62)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-27-2014, 10:30 AM Reply   
The boat is a 2011 210 Nautique with 750 fat sack port side, 10.5 mph got her dialed in big time.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-27-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
You should ask yourself and be honest with yourself what you plan to do with the board and expect from the board. People shouting out models and brands to you is rarely helpful. There are lots of boards out there and lots of brands, but very few decent boards and very few reputable brands.

You are in one of those size ranges that you will benefit from a board sized for you. At your height and weight you are generally going to want to be in the 4'8" and longer range. Some manufactures might push towards a shorter and wider board, but that will just result in a board that is more like a skimboard than a surfboards.

Are you looking for an overall fun board for cruising and riding or are you looking for a maneuver oriented board? Are you looking to be able to advance aerial and reverse maneuvers or just hoping to pull off a 360 consistently?

Off the rack for a surf-style board I would suggest a 4'8" Chaos Sixer or a Ringer XL.

For skim-style a 56" Chaos Carbon Skim.

You can PM me and I can walk you through lots of board and brands, pluses and minus of each.

Nick
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       10-28-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Surf style or skim style though?
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-29-2014, 4:22 AM Reply   
Rob where are you located?…I would look at a Phase 5 Aku, they come in 3 different sizes. Great ridding board!
Old     (Becks62)      Join Date: Oct 2011       10-29-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
Calgary, Alberta
Old     (muehlcj)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-29-2014, 5:18 PM Reply   
x 2 on the chaos boards. Nick makes sick boards. Great fins also.

With that said you won't be a bit disappointed with any of the above suggestions.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       10-30-2014, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hey Rob, Were based out of Vancouver, B.C and we are a Soulcraft Dealer. We can make this happen with no border grief! Please give us a call at 778-322-4211