Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-31-2017, 10:05 PM Reply   
The biggest problem facing the world is not terrorism, it's learning to be tolerant of each other and learning to look after our environment. FYI more people are killed by toasters than by refuges.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-31-2017, 11:20 PM Reply   
Tolerant of each other could start right here with you not dismissing a real concern with a toaster analogy. Toasters don't have a brain that activily seeks out a group of people to kill in Paris, mows down people in Florida because they are gay, etc.. For a lot of America and around the world its a concern. It is a growing threat and it shouldn't require some protest to get attention. We all deserve to not be killed unwillingly. Be it from terrorism or murder in our own country human safety is of the utmost importance. Shocking you choose the environment over humanity actually. What numbers do you want to see people killed at before its addressed? Nobody will argue that its going to get better on its own. It deserves attention(whether you agree or not thats fine but it deserves attention the same as immigration rights that you feel is important) there needs to be a balance.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2017, 11:36 PM Reply   
Hey I'm just glad that Trump is carrying out his campaign promises. Love the new SCOTUS pick. That's the main reason I voted for him. It's nice to be able to trust someone to do what they say they're gonna do.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2017, 11:38 PM Reply   
searching youtube...

"islamic terror" -- 29200 hits
"toaster terror" -- 6 hits
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-31-2017, 11:52 PM Reply   
I also like most of what Trump has done in 10 days. He has done more in 10 days than Obama did in 8 years. The guy is a machine. Just wish he would communicate his intentions to America better to hopefully diffuse the emotional liberal response. I thought his SCOTUS announcement tonight was very well done. While conservative, the dude is quality.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2017, 12:11 AM Reply   
Regarding the SCOTUS, I am sure CNN has a large team digging through his past while the DNC is also digging through his trash cans.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 1:32 AM Reply   
He's been on the short list for months; I'm sure the research has been done. I don't think there will be much of a fight other than for show to appease the ultra left. They'll save that in case a liberal justice dies/steps down in the next few years. Will be interesting to see what happens if there's an opening within a year of the next election
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2017, 5:25 AM Reply   
Yeah for all his bluster about choosing a SCOTUS nominee who's outside of the traditional coastal elites, choosing a sitting 10th circuit judge who is a Columbia / Harvard / Oxford grad with two clerkships at the court under his belt sure seems like a "traditional" coastal elite pick to me. If you are looking for an insurgent to take the court by storm, he's not your guy.

As a left leaning moderate, I think it could be much much worse.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2017, 7:26 AM Reply   
Ralph:
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 02-01-2017 at 7:29 AM.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2017, 8:05 AM Reply   
http://www.liljegreninjurylawyers.co...-in-your-home/

700 people die a year from toasters
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-01-2017, 8:20 AM Reply   
How many want to guess that Grant made that meme himself. LOL
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
How many want to guess that Grant made that meme himself. LOL
It does incorporate the signature Alternative SpellingTM
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-01-2017, 8:53 AM Reply   
I just don't understand how you can get killed by a refugee after getting killed by a "Toster". Not to mention the claim that it's how most people get killed.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2017, 9:03 AM Reply   
First the tosters kill ya, THEN the refugees.

Reminds me when Navin found all those defective cans.

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2017, 9:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Well, when you grow up, you will learn that being an adult is full of hypocrisy.

I really don't want to go one by one with your list. You would not understand anyway and are really not interested in understanding the answer so why go through it?
So in other words, you have no counter argument. We finally agree on something: you are a hypocrite.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2017, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
We all deserve to not be killed unwillingly. Be it from terrorism or murder in our own country human safety is of the utmost importance. ... What numbers do you want to see people killed at before its addressed? Nobody will argue that its going to get better on its own. It deserves attention(whether you agree or not thats fine but it deserves attention... there needs to be a balance.
So following your logic you must be for gun control as well then. Good for you!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-01-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
searching youtube...

"islamic terror" -- 29200 hits
"toaster terror" -- 6 hits
islamic terror performed by refugees - 0 (the "by refugees" part is what we are talking about)
toster -6

more people are killed by toasters than refugees. QED
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-01-2017, 9:13 AM Reply   
"refugees"
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2017, 9:36 AM Reply   
Terrorist prefer pressure cookers over toasters.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Angry is right. You would be too if your family was under attack.

First of all with over 700,000 refugees admitted here how many have committed acts of terror? How many terrorism deaths have been carried out by ppl from these seven countries? You could start by increasing vetting on people from the countries Trump left out (the ones where he has biz interests) if you're really that concerned that the already rigorous process is not enough. But green card hOldest? Gimme a break
You know what, many Americans do feel like they are under attack by democrats. Guess what they are angry. That is why you have Trump. Quit discounting American's interests.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
I travel to India every year. Their Visa application grills you for your religion and any connection you have to Islamic countries. Once in India, you will very quickly learn that cars are checked for bombs when you enter a hotel and your bags are screened for bombs every time you enter a hotel. This life is coming our way unless we do something about radical Islam. Islam must be pressured to reform. And. IMO, only Muslims can fix this problem.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
From Heather Richardson, professor of History at Boston College:

What Bannon is doing, most dramatically with last night's ban on immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries-- is creating what is known as a "shock event."
Such an event is unexpected and confusing and throws a society into chaos. People scramble to react to the event, usually along some fault line that those responsible for the event can widen by claiming that they alone know how to restore order.
When opponents speak out, the authors of the shock event call them enemies. As society reels and tempers run high, those responsible for the shock event perform a sleight of hand to achieve their real goal, a goal they know to be hugely unpopular, but from which everyone has been distracted as they fight over the initial event. There is no longer concerted opposition to the real goal; opposition divides along the partisan lines established by the shock event.
Last night's Executive Order has all the hallmarks of a shock event. It was not reviewed by any governmental agencies or lawyers before it was released, and counterterrorism experts insist they did not ask for it. People charged with enforcing it got no instructions about how to do so. Courts immediately have declared parts of it unconstitutional, but border police in some airports are refusing to stop enforcing it.
Predictably, chaos has followed and tempers are hot.
My point today is this: unless you are the person setting it up, it is in no one's interest to play the shock event game. It is designed explicitly to divide people who might otherwise come together so they cannot stand against something its authors think they won't like.
I don't know what Bannon is up to-- although I have some guesses-- but because I know Bannon's ideas well, I am positive that there is not a single person whom I consider a friend on either side of the aisle-- and my friends range pretty widely-- who will benefit from whatever it is.
If the shock event strategy works, though, many of you will blame each other, rather than Bannon, for the fallout. And the country will have been tricked into accepting their real goal.
But because shock events destabilize a society, they can also be used positively. We do not have to respond along old fault lines. We could just as easily reorganize into a different pattern that threatens the people who sparked the event.
A successful shock event depends on speed and chaos because it requires knee-jerk reactions so that people divide along established lines. This, for example, is how Confederate leaders railroaded the initial southern states out of the Union.
If people realize they are being played, though, they can reach across old lines and reorganize to challenge the leaders who are pulling the strings. This was Lincoln's strategy when he joined together Whigs, Democrats, Free-Soilers, anti-Nebraska voters, and nativists into the new Republican Party to stand against the Slave Power.
Five years before, such a coalition would have been unimaginable. Members of those groups agreed on very little other than that they wanted all Americans to have equal economic opportunity. Once they began to work together to promote a fair economic system, though, they found much common ground. They ended up rededicating the nation to a "government of the people, by the people, and for the people."
Confederate leaders and Lincoln both knew about the political potential of a shock event. As we are in the midst of one, it seems worth noting that Lincoln seemed to have the better idea about how to use it."
(I suspect it's to cover Bannon getting seated at the NSC. And to take attention away from Rex Tillerson's confirmation - goal being to lift Russian sanctions so that $500 billion Exxon deal can go through)
Yet you could not see that everytime Obama did this, he signed another order limiting our rights and giving away our sovreignty. That is politics 101. Hell, Rahm Emanuel said it out loud that was what they were doing for pete's sake.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most of the people on here who support the wall live in a bubble.

Yes, it is a problem. So is drunk driving. So are a lot of things. There are approaches that make sense and approaches that don't.

No one here that I've seen is equating building a wall with hate/racism/fascism - merely with stupidity and waste.
It is a problem that as of 2003 it was costing Californian's over $15 billion a year in taxes to pay for the illegals and 1/3 of our prison population is violent illegals. I am sure the price is way higher now. So, it is not like drunk driving. Only reason illegals are not cracked down on is that they tend to have children that vote democrat. Obama sure cracked down on Cuban's. Why? Their kids vote Republican.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
The biggest problem facing the world is not terrorism, it's learning to be tolerant of each other and learning to look after our environment. FYI more people are killed by toasters than by refuges.
Ask the Shia Muslims if they share your view.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
I also like most of what Trump has done in 10 days. He has done more in 10 days than Obama did in 8 years. The guy is a machine. Just wish he would communicate his intentions to America better to hopefully diffuse the emotional liberal response. I thought his SCOTUS announcement tonight was very well done. While conservative, the dude is quality.
It will not defuse the liberal response because it is scripted. Why do you think Obama was a community organizer? They have people on the ground with signs printed and paychecks ready for any event. A Hispanic guy a work talks about how they go down to his old frat house and grab those guys to go do these things.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-01-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nice try, but how is that line of thinking anywhere near mine? Maybe if I thought all the toasters the refugees are buying were the problem ... there are background checks(that system needs an overhauling as well as it's also failed the people) and a 10 day hold on guns in Ca. I'd be all for a 10 day hold on anyone trying to enter the country while they're investigated, that'd probably fuel more protests though...

Last edited by bass10after; 02-01-2017 at 10:21 AM.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 10:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
So in other words, you have no counter argument. We finally agree on something: you are a hypocrite.
Uh huh.... love the 3rd grade logic
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Guns don't get up and kill people... See previous logic comment.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Paying $15-25 Billion on a wall that is defeated by a $20 shovel or a $20 latter is a stupid waste of money. The Border patrol agents (the experts in this area) say that is won't make any difference. Its a huge problem because it is a huge amount that could be spent on the crumbling bridges in this country.

The refugees that come into the US already go through some of the tightest screenings on the planet. Besides which they aren't just restricting visitors from "dangerous countries" they are restricting visitors from countries that have not done a single terrorist act on Americans and keeping the ones that flew into the twin towers on the OK list because Trump does business there.

These solutions are the opposite of common sense. They do nothing to protect US, its just smoke and mirrors to make fearful Americans feel better. We are persecuting people that have green cards and have lived here legally for ages and happen to have left the country on the day the Trump signed his piece of paper, and now they can't get back in.

The short answer is that if you can write up your "solution" in 5 words you are missing the nuance of reality and it will not work. If their was a 5 word solution do you not think that it would be implemented. These things are complicated and should be treated as such.
These things are complicated and should be treated as such, yet democrats are out causing violence in the streets and airports because they understand a complicated issue so well that they feel they should go beat up innocent people and violate peoples human rights over this and other topics?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2017, 10:26 AM Reply   
India has the largest Muslim to America travel. Notice how India is Not on the Travel Ban. So if Trumps Ban was a Muslim Ban why would he leave out the largest Muslim travel segment? That's Because it's not a ban on Muslims as the Right Wing media keeps calling it. Easy for Snowflakes to pick up a spelling mistake but hard for them to get common sense. O well you Libs are built to argue just like Pomeranians are built to bark. Both would do well with a swift kick in the ass.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-01-2017, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Guess what they are angry. That is why you have Trump.
+1

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
Two republican senators have already said they can't in good conscience vote for confirming DeVos as she's horribly unqualified and wants to ruin public education. Murkowski made her statement after hearing from thousands of Alaskans.

One more senator is required to block her. If you have a repub senator give them a call and let them know you actually care about public education and don't want to see it gutted: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...on-betsy-devos
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-01-2017, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
It is a problem that as of 2003 it was costing Californian's over $15 billion a year in taxes to pay for the illegals and 1/3 of our prison population is violent illegals. I am sure the price is way higher now. So, it is not like drunk driving. Only reason illegals are not cracked down on is that they tend to have children that vote democrat. Obama sure cracked down on Cuban's. Why? Their kids vote Republican.
LOL **** all you do is spew out lies. 1/3 of our prison population? Try again.
Old    TheWakeIsReal            02-01-2017, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
But they provide a very quick and easy way to kill somebody. Incredibly efficient if I might add as well. But this is why you guys have them right? To protect everybody from danger? Why are you guys so scared of Muslims? You have guns. Should be the unprotected weak liberals shivering in fear. Not the big bad conservatives right?
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
But they provide a very quick and easy way to kill somebody. Incredibly efficient if I might add as well. But this is why you guys have them right? To protect everybody from danger? Why are you guys so scared of Muslims? You have guns. Should be the unprotected weak liberals shivering in fear. Not the big bad conservatives right?
Guns protect us from fascist democrats. If you do not fear Islam, they you are an idiot. Read the history of the world and try asking the wrong kind of muslim what that looks like.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-01-2017, 2:02 PM Reply   
Welll this is kind of odd isn't it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...437661%2F&_rdr
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
LOL **** all you do is spew out lies. 1/3 of our prison population? Try again.
Not really. That was the number I found when I broke this down on this board a few years ago. Current research shows that it is around 25% nationally in the Federal system and 5% nationally in the State and Federal Systems combined. The 25% nationally for the Feds is a little misleading because it is Non resident aliens eligible for deportation. May not be exclusively "illegal".

How about you post of up the stats on how much California spends on illegal's education, medical and jails. Couple that with money leaving the economy directly without circulating. You may be shocked.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 3:21 PM Reply   
As usual it's just Rod parroting a Brietbart lie. Not only is he wrong about the percentage, but the vast majority there are for immigration violations, not violent crime. This makes sense seeing as how they are violating immigration laws - duh.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...ird-federal-i/
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-01-2017, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Im curious your age, you come off as extremely immature or maybe a valid point is too much to accept? Its ok to agree to disagree with the initial debate, maybe you don't like guns etc or you just believe america should be open to everyone but trying to validate yourself with pretty useless facts and antagonistic comments isn't helping your cause. Semi trucks and airplanes are efficient too because they are responsible for the largest death tolls of any terrorist acts ever commited.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2017, 3:46 PM Reply   
by Daniel Greenfield who is a New York writer focusing on radical Islam.

He is a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Centre. Worth a read.

A pragmatic overview of what appears to be an insoluble problem affecting much of the world as we know it today?

Forget the Syrian Civil War for a moment. Even without the Sunnis and Shiites competing to give each other machete haircuts every sunny morning, there would still be a permanent Muslim refugee crisis.

The vast majority of civil wars over the last ten years have taken place in Muslim countries. Muslim countries are also some of the poorest in the world. And Muslim countries also have high birth rates.

Combine violence and poverty with a population boom and you get a permanent migration crisis.

No matter what happens in Syria or Libya next year, that permanent migration crisis isn’t going away.

The Muslim world is expanding unsustainably. In the Middle East and Asia, Muslims tend to underperform their non-Muslim neighbors both educationally and economically. Oil is the only asset that gave Muslims any advantage and in the age of fracking, its value is a lot shakier than it used to be.

The Muslim world had lost its old role as the intermediary between Asia and the West. And it has no economic function in the new world except to blackmail it by spreading violence and instability.

Muslim countries with lower literacy rates, especially for women, are never going to be economic winners at any trade that doesn’t come gushing out of the ground. Nor will unstable dictatorships ever be able to provide social mobility or access to the good life. At best they’ll hand out subsidies for bread.

The Muslim world has no prospects for getting any better. The Arab Spring was a Western delusion.

Growing populations divided along tribal and religious lines are competing for a limited amount of land, power and wealth. Countries without a future are set to double in size.

There are only two solutions; war or migration.

Either you fight and take what you want at home. Or you go abroad and take what you want there.

Let’s assume that the Iraq War had never happened. How would a religiously and ethnically divided Iraq have managed its growth from 13 million in the eighties to 30 million around the Iraq War to 76 million in 2050?

The answer is a bloody civil war followed by genocide, ethnic cleansing and migration.

What’s happening now would have happened anyway. It was already happening under Saddam Hussein.

Baghdad has one of the highest population densities in the world. And it has no future. The same is true across the region. The only real economic plan anyone here has is to get money from the West.

Plan A for getting money out of the West is creating a crisis that will force it to intervene. That can mean anything from starting a war to aiding terrorists that threaten the West. Muslim countries keep shooting themselves in the foot so that Westerners will rush over to kiss the booboo and make it better.

Plan B is to move to Europe.

What's This?
And Plan B is a great plan. It’s the only real economic plan that works. At least until the West runs out of native and naïve Westerners who foot the bill for all the migrants, refugees and outright settlers.

For thousands of dollars, a Middle Eastern Muslim can pay to be smuggled into Europe. It’s a small investment with a big payoff. Even the lowest tier welfare benefits in Sweden are higher than the average salary in a typical Muslim migrant nation. And Muslim migrants are extremely attuned to the payoffs. It’s why they clamor to go to Germany or Sweden, not Greece or Slovakia. And it’s why they insist on big cities with an existing Muslim social welfare infrastructure, not some rural village.

A Muslim migrant is an investment for an entire extended family. Once the young men get their papers, family reunification begins. That doesn’t just mean every extended family member showing up and demanding their benefits. It also means that the family members will be selling access to Europe to anyone who can afford it. Don’t hike or raft your way to Europe. Mohammed or Ahmed will claim that you’re a family member. Or temporarily marry you so you can bring your whole extended family along.

Mohammed gets paid. So does Mo’s extended family which brokers these transactions. Human trafficking doesn’t just involve rafts. It’s about having the right family connections.

And all that is just the tip of a very big business iceberg.

Where do Muslim migrants come up with a smuggling fee that amounts to several years of salary for an average worker? Some come from wealthy families. Others are sponsored by crime networks and family groups that are out to move everything from drugs to weapons to large numbers of people into Europe.

Large loans will be repaid as the new migrants begin sending their new welfare benefits back home. Many will be officially unemployed even while unofficially making money through everything from slave labor to organized crime. European authorities will blame their failure to participate in the job market on racism rather than acknowledging that they exist within the confines of an alternate economy.

It’s not only individuals or families who can pursue Plan B. Turkey wants to join the European Union. It’s one solution for an Islamist populist economy built on piles of debt. The EU has a choice between dealing with the stream of migrants from Turkey moving to Europe. Or all of Turkey moving into Europe.

The West didn’t create this problem. Its interventions, however misguided, attempted to manage it.

Islamic violence is not a response to Western colonialism. Not only does it predate it, but as many foreign policy experts are so fond of pointing out, its greatest number of casualties are Muslims. The West did not create Muslim dysfunction. And it is not responsible for it. Instead the dysfunction of the Muslim world keeps dragging the West in. Every Western attempt to ameliorate it, from humanitarian aid to peacekeeping operations, only opens up the West to take the blame for Islamic dysfunction.

The permanent refugee crisis is a structural problem caused by the conditions of the Muslim world.

The West can’t solve the crisis at its source. Only Muslims can do that. And there are no easy answers. But the West can and should avoid being dragged down into the black hole of Muslim dysfunction.

Even Germany’s Merkel learned that the number of refugees is not a finite quantity that can be relieved with a charitable gesture. It’s the same escalating number of people that will show up if you start throwing bags of money out of an open window. And it’s a number that no country can absorb.

Muslim civil wars will continue even if the West never intervenes in them because their part of the world is fundamentally unstable. These conflicts will lead to the displacement of millions of people. But even without violence, economic opportunism alone will drive millions to the West. And those millions carry with them the dysfunction of their culture that will make them a burden and a threat.

If Muslims can’t reconcile their conflicts at home, what makes us think that they will reconcile them in Europe? Instead of resolving their problems through migration, they only export them to new shores. The same outbursts of Islamic violence, xenophobia, economic malaise and unsustainable growth follow them across seas and oceans, across continents and countries. Distance is no answer. Travel is no cure.

Solving Syria will solve nothing. The Muslim world is full of fault lines. It’s growing and it’s running out of room to grow. We can’t save Muslims from themselves. We can only save ourselves from their violence.

The permanent Muslim refugee crisis will never stop being our crisis unless we close the door.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2017, 3:53 PM Reply   
$434,000 of cocaine found packed in nose of big ol' jet airliner. It flew over a few walls.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 4:14 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Neither do refugees. Is anybody worried about people coming over from Saudi Arabia? You know, that country where 3 of the 9/11 terrorists came from. Oh, trump is building some golf courses there, guess there all good then.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 4:33 PM Reply   
Maybe my point is a bit obtuse but what i am getting at is when you do the numbers the actual risk to the general public by refugees and Muslims in general is extremely low. Certainly many fold lower thrash other risks which get zero attention or press. The purpose of this subterfuge is to give the masses a common enemy to focus on.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 4:37 PM Reply   
Yes, fearmongering for sure. Kind of like saying DEMOCRATS ARE IN THE STREET TRYING TO KILL YOU lol.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 4:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
As usual it's just Rod parroting a Brietbart lie. Not only is he wrong about the percentage, but the vast majority there are for immigration violations, not violent crime. This makes sense seeing as how they are violating immigration laws - duh.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/stat...ird-federal-i/
I documented this well before Brietbart. I don't even read that website. At one time that was a correct number. They were not there for immigration crimes as they are not specifically kept track by immigration status anymore. They are there for actual crime.

If you want to get into it, Jerry Brown changed the sentencing requirement for some crimes from 365 days to 364 days so they would not have to report illegals to the feds.

A CNN article which also states 5% of the prison population country wide is illegals however they estimate they are 4% of the population (which is way too high in either count). You want to go into how many that are not in prison but are in gangs?

Face it, only reason you want them here is to make sure they vote democrat. It all about the victory like a sporting contest for you guys and that is why you are a danger to this country. The rest of the country knows this and that again is why you got Trump.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Neither do refugees. Is anybody worried about people coming over from Saudi Arabia? You know, that country where 3 of the 9/11 terrorists came from. Oh, trump is building some golf courses there, guess there all good then.
Interesting...... Ever hear of the Boston Marathon Bombing?

Here is a little bit of reading:

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:

Here is a little bit of reading:

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/
Are you trying to claim the Tsarnaev bros came through the refugee program? They didn't.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
You clearly don't understand where his list came from or willingly don't want to. I don't think you could handle it if he banned them all from entering so you will simply complain about what you can for now. Interesting how 7 major news outlets had the same spin on the Trump business interests on this temporary policy change on their opening headlines. Sounds to me like collusion of talking points being fed to them. I will include you guys that keep with the talking point as part of the useful idiots.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Are you trying to claim the Tsarnaev bros came through the refugee program? They didn't.
Were they regular immigrants?
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes, fearmongering for sure. Kind of like saying DEMOCRATS ARE IN THE STREET TRYING TO KILL YOU lol.
I think democrats are showing who they are. How many dozens of protests have your people performed so far? How many of your voting buddies beat up Trump supporters? How many times did your idol Obama get on the television and tell them to stop their violence over the years? How many cops have been shot trying to protect the people from democrat protests?

Try and tell me the democrats are not trying to step up the violence. Had any of your family members been punched in one of these protests? My wife has. So excuse me while I wait for your people to get a little closer so I can see the whites of your eyes. democrats are the reason the rest of the country is pissed off. That is another reason you have Trump.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 5:14 PM Reply   
You can try to paint peaceful protest however you like, but your lies are pointless.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2017, 5:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
DEMOCRATS ARE IN THE STREET TRYING TO KILL YOU lol.
that statement would be funny if it were not so true. Wes you used to live in Berkeley. What do you think the voting demographics are in Oakland? How many of the gun toating Thugs vote Republican, dare you to walk down the 69th street village at night and ask your fellow Democrats! Your white a$$ would get Smoked!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
I will include you guys that keep with the talking point as part of the useful idiots.
Sorry, are you saying that Saudi Arabia shouldn't be on the ban for some reason but the other 7 countries should be? What reason?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-01-2017, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Which of the seven banned countries were they from again? Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen or Iraq?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Were they regular immigrants?
I thought they were Russians?
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry, are you saying that Saudi Arabia shouldn't be on the ban for some reason but the other 7 countries should be? What reason?
I am saying they should be, however you guys would flip out. So that leaves us were we are now. Obama identified 7 countries that do not have a proper means to screen their citizens prior to applying to come to America. So Trump went with at least those 7. Obama is the one who made the list and Trump said he was going to do this during the campaign.

Fast forward, the talking point given to the media and that you guys are repeating is the business interest angle. The goal is to continue the talk of his business interests are dictating his politics. It is the continuous political triangulation and you are falling for it.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
I thought they were Russians?
I think they were Muslims from one of the 'stans.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 6:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Which of the seven banned countries were they from again? Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, Yemen or Iraq?
Does it matter? Useful idiot talking point given to you from the media.
Old    deltahoosier            02-01-2017, 6:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
You can try to paint peaceful protest however you like, but your lies are pointless.
Uh huh. You are part of the problem. I have yet to see a "peaceful" protest in Oakland and most "peaceful" protests I see ended up at a very minimum violating the general populations civil rights.

Can I come to your house and hold you against your will. Why can protestors trap people in airports and on bridges. Why can my wife be punch in the head while doing her job with these "peaceful" protestors. Why was a Trump supporter knocked out the other day at "peaceful" protest. Why was trump supporters hit in San Jose during his rally? Why was Ferguson and Baltimore burned down during those "peaceful" protests? Why were cops shot at in ferguson during those "peaceful" protests? Why were the cops murdered in Dallas at those "peaceful" protests?

Keep calling them lies. You are just a propaganda guy. That is why you have been posting fake news stories after Trumps election. The American public is fed up with you democrat "peaceful" protestors. That is why you have Trump. Keep doubling down. 2 or 3 more states and we can have a convention of states and change the constitution.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am saying they should be, however you guys would flip out. So that leaves us were we are now. Obama identified 7 countries that do not have a proper means to screen their citizens prior to applying to come to America. So Trump went with at least those 7. Obama is the one who made the list and Trump said he was going to do this during the campaign.

Fast forward, the talking point given to the media and that you guys are repeating is the business interest angle. The goal is to continue the talk of his business interests are dictating his politics. It is the continuous political triangulation and you are falling for it.
My take on it is if this was really about keeping the US safe then Saudi Arabia would be the first country on the list, quickly followed by Afghanistan. But they are not there so my thought this is just for show, not for safety. Don't get me wrong tho, I don't think a travel ban does anything, even if you were banning the right counties. Just an example of a bad idea poorly executed
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-01-2017, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe my point is a bit obtuse but what i am getting at is when you do the numbers the actual risk to the general public by refugees and Muslims in general is extremely low. Certainly many fold lower thrash other risks which get zero attention or press. The purpose of this subterfuge is to give the masses a common enemy to focus on.
What happened to the leftist policy belief that if it saves one life it needs a policy and we need to throw billions at it? Apparently that's only used when they want to end death penalty, ??????

Personally I have no problems with letting muslims or anyone for that matter into this country. My issue is that our entire vetting process needs to be streamlined as does our path to citizenship. People coming to this country should also be required to adapt to our way of life. When one of our own leaders tasked with that portion says our system is sub par and full of holes and risk I see no reason to keep allowing people in. While we seem to be focusing on one aspect of these refugees entering the country ( the likelyhood of then being a terrorist). What about the actual "cost" of these refugees and their effects on the way of life of hard working Americans . They're going to be placed in an entire new society , no means to support themselves, in most cases no special skills .... what actual benefit do they provide this country. What does the US gain by allowing 1000's of people who will refuse to adapt to our way of life . After all isn't that why we encourage immigration . To bring in people who contribute to our country.

Yes I understand I am making generalizations here, but these refugees aren't coming here because they are wanting to convert to our way of life and believe in our system of our oppprtunities. How can I say that with certainty ?????because if they did truly believe that they would've been trying to get here already legally. They are only coming to escape because we are giving them an open boarder . It's not a recipe for success. We already have enough illegals here sucking off the *** of government . We don't need to add more. So any opportunity we can take to slow that down and possibly eliminate that scenario that is something we should take .
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 6:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Yes I understand I am making generalizations here, but these refugees aren't coming here because they are wanting to convert to our way of life and believe in our system of our oppprtunities. How can I say that with certainty ?????because if they did truly believe that they would've been trying to get here already legally. They are only coming to escape because we are giving them an open boarder . It's not a recipe for success. We already have enough illegals here sucking off the *** of government . We don't need to add more. So any opportunity we can take to slow that down and possibly eliminate that scenario that is something we should take .
That's fine and I understand that point of view, you have it good and you don't want to things to change. That's understandable but just say that, don't dress it up like these people are dangerous.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 8:14 PM Reply   
Tie me kangaroo down mate we have a problem at the friendly BBQ
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8b17b#comments
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 8:17 PM Reply   
Ha ha infinity lols
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 8:49 PM Reply   
Case in point - peaceful dance party took place tonight at UCB campus to protest Milo speaking.

Then a group of masked anarchists showed up and started damaging property. Probably paid by Milo himself to get footage for his next bit of propaganda.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-01-2017, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's fine and I understand that point of view, you have it good and you don't want to things to change. That's understandable but just say that, don't dress it up like these people are dangerous.
thats the most laughable response to a legitimate answer i've ever seen. 1. delta layed out a more than worthy response and you tried to undercut him by saying he has it good and nobody else does, thats backhanded bs. 2. If you think that out of 10,000 people there aren't dangers involved you're delusional. Take a poll of womens rights over there, or gay rights over there and see what kind of responses you get.... Have you ever personally met a "refugee" from any of these countries? I want to to know... because i personally have.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2017, 10:22 PM Reply   
Ralph says Toasters should be more feared then the Immagrants from the new Travel Ban states.
Wes says It was a peacfull Dance party "Not a riot" that shut down Milos speaking event.

Ok this is a serious question, Do you guys make this stuff up just for entertainment or are you Serious I'm getting the feeling you guys are just trolling?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 10:26 PM Reply   
Did you read the news, troll? You can see the videos before and after the anarchists showed (the dance party continued)
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-01-2017, 10:38 PM Reply   
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/flynn...ry?id=45200852

Oy
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2017, 10:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Case in point - peaceful dance party took place tonight at UCB campus to protest Milo speaking.

Then a group of masked anarchists showed up and started damaging property. Probably paid by Milo himself to get footage for his next bit of propaganda.
"masked anarchists". That's rich. I love that label. They were just liberals in a blanket. Face it. You guys are MARGINALIZED. I can't wait to see what the left pulls out next. Funny thing is, you guys burn down and destroy your own surroundings. Where does that logic come from? Do you libbies teach your kids to crap in their bed and then lie down in it too?

One question: What is a "peaceful dance protest party/" That sounds more like a contrived, false label for a planned violent protest. We've already all seen the out-of-control protesters at Milo's lectures. Such a joke. This was clearly a planned violent protest to try to silence views that are not of the left's.You wanna talk about hypocrisy??? Where's all that free speech? Liars...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2017, 10:44 PM Reply   
Ooooooo Anarchists, are the ones to blame. LOL please keep posting I can't get enough of your conspiracy theories. Who is wearing the tinfoil hat now Wes? LOL laughing and Winning!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-01-2017, 10:49 PM Reply   
The left is setting themselves up for a massive failure in mid-term elections. Centered America is not going to reward all of this obstruction. The REPs will gain greater control of congress in 2 years.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2017, 10:53 PM Reply   
The more protesting that goes on, the more marginalized and weak the libs become. Keep it up, libbies! Get it out of your system. Like bratty children, you'll eventually tire, settle down and go to bed. That's when the work gets done.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2017, 10:57 PM Reply   
Countdown for Wes to launch into one of his profane verbal diarhea convulsions again in 3...2...1... LOL
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2017, 11:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
thats the most laughable response to a legitimate answer i've ever seen. 1. delta layed out a more than worthy response and you tried to undercut him by saying he has it good and nobody else does, thats backhanded bs. 2. If you think that out of 10,000 people there aren't dangers involved you're delusional. Take a poll of womens rights over there, or gay rights over there and see what kind of responses you get.... Have you ever personally met a "refugee" from any of these countries? I want to to know... because i personally have.
1. Errr, I was actually replying to xstarrider and there was nothing backhanded about it.
2. There is danger everywhere if you look for it. It's the magnitude that i question.
3. I've met people from these countries before but not sure how they got here, I doubt they were refugees as such but might have been. Pretty much my view is people are people and at the basic level want the same things from life. I don't carry the view people from different places are fundamentally different from me.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2017, 12:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
1. Errr, I was actually replying to xstarrider and there was nothing backhanded about it.
2. There is danger everywhere if you look for it. It's the magnitude that i question.
3. I've met people from these countries before but not sure how they got here, I doubt they were refugees as such but might have been. Pretty much my view is people are people and at the basic level want the same things from life. I don't carry the view people from different places are fundamentally different from me.
3. You just described how most of America felt until 9/11. Lesson learned...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2017, 12:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
2. Yes. Especially with toasters. Personally, I find the 4 slice models are no different than owning a machine gun. We need a ban on them. Only two slice magazines should be allowed. Much safer for all.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2017, 12:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty much my view is people are people and at the basic level want the same things from life.
Ya, sure, we all want the same things!

What would cause you to strap an explosive vest on an go into crowd and blow up random innocent folks while killing yourself?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2017, 1:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
What would cause you to strap an explosive vest on an go into crowd and blow up random innocent folks while killing yourself?
If my country was invaded, my house blown up and wife and family killed I think I would be ripe to be lead astray by Isis or any other similar brand of hate filled poison. There but for the grace of God go I.