Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-01-2011, 6:42 AM Reply   
Looking for a wetsuit for riding here in the northeast and not sure exactly what to get or what I am even looking at to tell ya the truth. I was looking at O'neill and Billabong to buy a suit but, not sure which one to get and which ones are warmer then others.

I am 5'10 and about 175 lbs not sure what size suit I will need.

Any info will be helpful and will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-01-2011, 7:01 AM Reply   
If you go with O'neill which I recommend, a Medium is probably going to fit best, but it's gonna depend on your body type whether you end up getting a large I'm 6'3 175 and have a 3/2 Medium Tall fullsuit and it's plenty warm for me in here in IL, you definitely want an almost uncomfortably tight fit when buying a wetsuit.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-01-2011, 7:06 AM Reply   
Sounds like you would be right between a medium and a large and you could even pull off a large short... here is a size chart:
http://www.bravesurf.com/Knowledge/O...1/Default.aspx

I recently got a 4/3mm and a wetsuit top, I'm from Minnesota and I don't really feel the need for a 3/2mm although they are nice for when the water is freezing but the air is warm. I've heard from some people that if you get any thicker than a 4/3, it becomes a lot more difficult to move around. I wear my wetsuit when the water or air is 45-65 degrees. I will wear my wetsuit top in 65-75 degrees.
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-01-2011, 7:11 AM Reply   
Shaun is right, you should probably go smaller because they will stretch out. So I would go with the medium or large short. I'm about 5'9" and weigh 175, I got a Hyperflex large short, I'm wondering if I couldve even went for a medium short.
Old     (rscott22)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-01-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
I think O'neill is what I am going to go with in Medium. I just found out there is a huge wetsuit dealer only 15 mins from my house so im pretty lucky that I can go try them on now before I buy one.
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-01-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
I'm also in the market for a wetsuit. I am coming off surgery so will be riding with a knee brace. Any problems with wearing a brace with a full suit or a shorie?
Old    Ron1xNautique            02-01-2011, 3:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakesetter_WW View Post
I'm also in the market for a wetsuit. I am coming off surgery so will be riding with a knee brace. Any problems with wearing a brace with a full suit or a shorie?
Having worn a knee brace(not cti) and knowing how snug my wetsuit is I would say a springsuit with full length arms is your best bet but again I've never worn a cti brace but know their pretty slimlined....?
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-01-2011, 3:55 PM Reply   
Yeah it is pretty slim but i'm thinking that it won't fit under a full suit and I don't think using it on top would be real effective. Also may not fit on top. Its hard to find many springsuits with the full arm
Old    star_star            02-07-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
oneil boost (baggy) drysuit
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-07-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Dude i live in Ontario Canada! So i know Cold I spent alot of time looking for a WETSUIT because they are more mobile and i feel warmer i have owned and Oneil Boost almost drowned... Filled up with Water.... Got the Oneil hybrid... SUCKED..... Got the Ripcurl F bomb.... Yeah its the **** i have yet to be cold and i ride As soon as ice is gone! Also used it to surf Lake Ontario.... worked solid