Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (WildDuke)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-04-2013, 9:41 PM Reply   
Hi all, I'm new to your forum and wanted to say hi! I'm a kiteboarder that wants to start wake boarding in the wind off season. I have a few good mates with great boats that I can join, but I need my own board.

I am 5'10 and 205 lbs, and am competent on a wake board. I can jump wake to wake and throw in 180's. last trick I've been attempting is a HS back roll. I really want to improve my strength and flexibility as well as my board skills. At this stage I'm leaning towards a 145 Hyperlite Marek Nova. I LOVE the look of it and am glad to have a larger board. I ride a 140cm kite board and like faster moving boards that sit high on the waterline. I also like the stability that a larger board has for landings. Is there anyone out there that thinks I might be making the wrong decision with this board?

Problem I have is with my boots. I have bought a pair of LF vantage CT boots, but I don't feel that I can squeeze them tight enough. When I crash my ankles lift and half pulls out out leading to a lot of pain. I have size 10 feet usually, these boots are 10-11 sized, so I think might be a size too big. What do you guys think? Is the heel lift ankle pulling out thing normal with you guys?

Last edited by WildDuke; 02-04-2013 at 9:44 PM.