Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-30-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
Anyone know of a boat show worth going to near Erie PA? I don't mind traveling 2 hours. I have gone to the Cleveland boat show but there we almost no inboard boats there. Not really interested in looking at a lot of I/Os.
Cincinnati is around 6 hours and bit to far.
Thanks
Old     (ercAXISA22)      Join Date: Dec 2014       12-30-2014, 4:22 PM Reply   
January 16-18 and 23-25 the Pittsburgh boat show is going on at the Monroeville expo mart. It's decent show.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-30-2014, 4:46 PM Reply   
the pgh show is not a show, its a joke, they will have nothing there, maybe 2 v drives, the show is so small now they moved it to one small (old furniture store) near monroeville mall.
Old     (ercAXISA22)      Join Date: Dec 2014       12-30-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
It's decent, not great. It's at the expo mart, which is a convention center. It's a boat show.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-30-2014, 5:41 PM Reply   
You might want to consider checking out Boat House Marine in northeast OH, they carry Mastercraft and put on their own show rather than going to the boat, MC CEO and Parks Bonifay will be there, 1/16 - 1/18...

http://bhmtrilakes.com/
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-31-2014, 4:41 AM Reply   
thanks, it sounds like I will have to really travel to see a god show with a good amount of V drives. The Cleveland show is big but there have only been a couple of V drives. I really don't want to travel 2 hours, spend $50-75 for tickets to look at I/Os and pontoon boats. I'm not looking to buy just looking to see some of the new boats that I would likely never see on the water.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-31-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
Absolutely worth the drive to Indy to see one of the largest sport shows in the nation. http://indianapolisboatsportandtrave.../show-features

Rail jam on Feb 20,21, and 22
Each brand below will have 5-7 Vdrives
Supra/Moomba
Nautique
MasterCraft
Malibu/Axis
3 Pro Shops
Spotless One-step water spot remover with UV protection wax
Old     (gpd005)      Join Date: May 2013       12-31-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
I agree, I know it's a drive but the Indy show will have a bunch of really nice boats there. N3 Boatworks booth normally has five or six of the newest v-drives out and has won best booth several times. It's a HUGE show!
Old    MJHSupra            01-02-2015, 9:30 PM Reply   
I grew up in Erie. Not much you will find in Cleve or Pitts - not a market for those high dollar boats. Need to get farther away from the Great Lakes.

Cleve was a good show, but have not been there in years. A good afternoon to walk around and drink beer.

I heard Indy was a big show. Never been to Cincy..

http://www.supraboats.com/boat_show/

Mark
Knoxville TN
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-03-2015, 7:13 AM Reply   
cleveland was once a great show, but seems to have lost the wake boat market, they usually only have iOS, a few drives and a bunch of sailboats and large open water boats, i use to go to it every yr for 12 yrs when i lived in pgh. atlanta, and charlotte have good shows, you can spend a weekend
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-05-2015, 7:44 AM Reply   
doug, I sent you a pm. awhile back. I wasn't sure if you got it.